July start!!

Shakatime

Why can't you just add to your Cruise line profile a record of your vaccination. That way it would be part of your cruise documents along with your ID number. 

When you fill out the documents to sign in, you enter your passport number for each passenger in your booking. Same could go for your shot card ID number. 

Edited by Radiioman46
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Stallion said:

There is ZERO chance of this issue going to Court because (1) Desantis would be risking the resumption of cruising and (2) any moron who has taken a conflicts of law course in law school knows that states are preempted from interfering with federal regulation of international travel under Maritime Law and the Interstate Commerce Clause. What's more nauseating are these two governors in Florida and Texas who went to reputable law schools but have attempted to bamboozle their citizens with nonsense prohibitions of vaccination cards for international travel. They will be exposed as mere political stunts

Didn't say it would work out but it won't stop them from trying. Politically, they get the credit, even if it's just frivolous showboating (remember election overturning efforts) and it helps with political grandstanding. They may even parlay it into a states rights issue. All that court packing may come into play as well. Even on the high court, Thomas and Alito seem to be itching to flex some muscle and make waves before their time runs out. I'm not nearly as confidant as you seem to be. 

I have two vaccination cards (long story), but the second one, that shows my completed course of vaccinations, is a pretty haphazard affair.  Blue, cut crooked, homemade looking--I think their grade school help had problems that morning cutting the cards they printed out on heavy stock paper; I don't know who got to pick the color that morning.  I imagined the trouble I might have convincing someone that this card was authentic.  Any required verification is going to be tricky.  From my longer story, I know I am in a? some? database that the state health department uses.

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Given that 95% of guests must be vaccinated, and that many groups of children cannot yet be vaccinated, I can see them requiring all adults be vaxxed, and limit the children to 5% of the guests.  Lots of families will be disappointed...  EM

For already booked Cruises I wonder how they will make the decision as to who can go and who can’t.

What percent do you think children make up on a regular cruise?

Edited by rs45thompson

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Given that 95% of guests must be vaccinated, and that many groups of children cannot yet be vaccinated, I can see them requiring all adults be vaxxed, and limit the children to 5% of the guests.  Lots of families will be disappointed...  EM

stinks for families (ours included) but also remember they will probably sail at limited capacity, so easier to fill the ship with all adults with a limited passenger count 

11 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

people are going to cheat the system.  Just look at all the ones that smuggle alcohol.  Forging a vaccine card that cannot be verified would be easy.

Our system promotes cheating and distrust. Those who do not are the ones cheated. 

• Like 2

No database in Florida, and Publix was not even filling out the who performed by section of the vaccine card for a long time, just a sticker that said brand, lot and date. There is nothing in Florida to verify to. 

10 minutes ago, Flip flop lady said:

So... just playing devils advocate. So your not allowed to ask why someone has a service animal, but you are allowed to ask if someone has had a vaccination.🤔

Actually, you can. You can ask what service the animal provides. Emotional support animals have been conflated with service animals and have done a great disservice to those who rely on service animals. Remember this is the same public that many here expect to be honest about vaccines and "not cheat". These same folks who forge service papers, buy "service animal" vests online and flat out flaunt the law in public and even private businesses like airlines. I'm sure everyone will be honest about their vaccines...lol. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

Why can't you just add to your Cruise line profile a record of your vaccination. That way it would be part of your cruise documents along with your ID number. 

When you fill out the documents to sign in, you enter your passport number for each passenger in your booking. Same could go for your shot card ID number. 

Update:

I just looked at my shot card and it does not have an ID number on it. It only has the date, product name, and lot number. 

The vaccine cards I have seen in Texas only had a sticker on the card.   No insurance taken or information to send to a doctor.  Only brand of vaccine and lot number.  What happens if you lose your card or it gets damaged?  Where would you go to get a replacement?

36 minutes ago, CruisingFromLA said:

My assumption is that the cruise lines will make us sign a document to give them permission to access the state databases to verify that we are legit actually vaccinated. You do not sign, you do not cruise. Same thing with the doctors office. If you do not sign all their forms, the doctors have a choice not to have you as a patient (ER is a  different story). This pandemic has shown us that a lot of people cannot be trusted to do the right thing. There has already been instances where people create fake covid tests or are buying fake covid vaccine documentation. A third party will most likely be utilized to verify all passengers are vaccinated.

It’s my thought that it will probably be included in the cruise contract.

Edited by rs45thompson

We had to fill out paperwork to get the vaccination and turn it in to the people who were giving the vaccinations.  We received a vaccination card that recorded our first dose and brought that same card in for our second dose.  A sticker was put on the card for the second dose that showed the lot number.

Before I went for the second dose, I received a text message and an email informing me that that it was time to make an appointment for the second does.  Therefore, my vaccination record was recorded in some way and not simply on the card.  Are there people who didn't have to fill out paperwork for their vaccinations?

It seems like it would be against the law to forge a medical record.  I think a woman flying into the Virgin Islands had to go to jail because she forged covid test results.  Forging vaccination records may be a crime too.  Anyone who does should go to jail.

DeSanis is pro-cruising.  If cruising with vaccinated people is the only way it could happen from Florida this summer, then I believe that he will help make that happen.  He is definitely not anti-business.  He is anti-discrimination.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

The vaccine cards I have seen in Texas only had a sticker on the card.   No insurance taken or information to send to a doctor.  Only brand of vaccine and lot number.  What happens if you lose your card or it gets damaged?  Where would you go to get a replacement?

You could print up a bunch very quickly..lol. They are hardly anything special, standard printer card stock, standard Avery print labels and a few swirls of ink from a ubiquitous ink pen. It's a joke. A page printed from your vaccine record online would suffice but even those can be manufactured in about 3 min. There isn't much that can be done to truly verify if folks have been vaccinated but I also don't expect this will be as big of an issues as many think it will be. Get your vaccine to protect yourself and then get your Steve Winwood on and just 'roll with it' and have a good time.   

1 minute ago, dallasdan said:

immtrac is a voluntary database that requires written permission to be included in the database.  There is not a Texas Data base.

To my understanding, enrollment in ImmTrac is included when you get the vaccine in TX. To not be included, you had to actively opt out for it to not be documented.  

5 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

I know several people that have been vaccinated and not one them enrolled into ImmTrac.  

Did they fill out any paperwork when they got their vaccine or did they just show up and put out their arm?  It seems like if they filled out paperwork, it was recorded in some way.

Edited by TNcruising02

there maybe a record somewhere, but it will not be a centralized database here in Texas.  That is why I wonder what actual documentation will the cruise lines require.  It maybe a simple form you fill out like the old health forms.  

2 minutes ago, stellarose said:

there has to be records somewhere of who and when got vaccines. 

Oh there is, just not a centralized database that a public/private business can access. Medical privacy is strong in the USA and for good reason.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1