July start!!

Shakatime

20 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

We had to fill out paperwork to get the vaccination and turn it in to the people who were giving the vaccinations.  We received a vaccination card that recorded our first dose and brought that same card in for our second dose.  A sticker was put on the card for the second dose that showed the lot number.

Before I went for the second dose, I received a text message and an email informing me that that it was time to make an appointment for the second does.  Therefore, my vaccination record was recorded in some way and not simply on the card.  Are there people who didn't have to fill out paperwork for their vaccinations?

It seems like it would be against the law to forge a medical record.  I think a woman flying into the Virgin Islands had to go to jail because she forged covid test results.  Forging vaccination records may be a crime too.  Anyone who does should go to jail.

DeSanis is pro-cruising.  If cruising with vaccinated people is the only way it could happen from Florida this summer, then I believe that he will help make that happen.  He is definitely not anti-business.  He is anti-discrimination.

Same- I had to fill out the standard medical form in advance that's on file with the organization I got the vaccine from and I believe it is also file electronically with my state's health department. I doubt anyone anywhere just walked up and got a shot- where would be the proof that the doses were handed out in order to be reimbursed by the government. There always has to be a paper trail of some sort. 

• Like 4

see page 38 of the link which states under cited Texas law all Covid 19 vaccinations MUST be reported to ImmTrac under a declared national emergency even without their consent-there is a database

:

D. Reporting to ImmTrac2 Texas Health and Safety Code Sec. 161.00705 states any antiviral, immunization, or medication administration in response to a declared disaster or emergency must be entered in ImmTrac2. Therefore, persons receiving the COVID-19 vaccine are not required to consent to ImmTrac2 due to the nature of the vaccine. Providers are required to document doses administered into ImmTrac2 within 72 hours of administration.

https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/immunize/covid19/COVID-19-Manual_1_2021.pdf

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sec. 161.00705. RECORDING ADMINISTRATION OF IMMUNIZATION AND MEDICATION FOR DISASTERS AND EMERGENCIES. (a) The department shall maintain a registry of persons who receive an immunization, antiviral, and other medication administered to prepare for a potential disaster, public health emergency, terrorist attack, hostile military or paramilitary action, or extraordinary law enforcement emergency or in response to a declared disaster, public health emergency, terrorist attack, hostile military or paramilitary action, or extraordinary law enforcement emergency. A health care provider who administers an immunization, antiviral, or other medication shall provide the data elements to the department. At the request and with the authorization of the health care provider, the data elements may be provided through a health information exchange as defined by Section 182.151.

(b) The department shall maintain the registry as part of the immunization registry required by Section 161.007.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dallasdan said:

As far as I know in Texas there is not a state data base to access.  Plus with Hippa laws I don't see how a cruise line can access the data base.  We would have to sign a document with the data base that allows access for each entity that accesses the information.  I also don't see it being a felony to forge the document since the ones I have seen are only printed cards and not official government documents. 

There does not need to be a raised seal to make it official.  The logo of the CDC is in the upper right hand corner of the card making it an official document.  Forging that logo would in fact be a felony.  That is why the warnings from the CDC, various attorneys general and the FBI about the falsified cards.

https://www.ic3.gov/Media/Y2021/PSA210330

1 hour ago, Flip flop lady said:

So... just playing devils advocate. So your not allowed to ask why someone has a service animal, but you are allowed to ask if someone has had a vaccination.🤔

Yes.  If there is a requirement for a vaccine to cruise, if you wish to go you will be expected to volunteer the information to the cruise lines you cannot cruise.  It is not a violation of law for you to submit the information on your own, just for your doctor or other medical source to do so without your permission.  

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Didn't say it would work out but it won't stop them from trying.  confidant as you seem to be. 

Good.  I dare them.  If you think a July restart is a long way away, just wait for a protracted legal battle to wend its way through the court system.  Let's try a 2022 start more likely.  That would be a really swift move on Governor DeSantis' part.  He might make some political points, but he will p*** off a lot of the cruising public in the meanwhile.

I think I found the Data Use Sharing Agreement between the states and federal government but it is unsigned so it could have been amended. Note it requires sharing of certain information with the federal government in order to participate in the federal vaccination program:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/reporting/downloads/vaccine-administration-data-agreement.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

wow great for YOU. Thanks for the input...

thank you. 

19 year old at Penn State - on campus- and wanted him vaccinated.  DE opened up to 16 and older- bam- 17 year old done!!

Both hubby and I have been  in the school 5 days a week since September-  now can I have my cruise now? 🙂

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Looks like every state has a similiar registry or information system. If you want to find yours-see link

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/contacts-locate-records.html

For grins, I checked this out for my state.  At this time, there isn't any access to a COVID vaccine registry that you could use to provide any other proof than the card given.  It does look like a doctor may be able to access other information or that information, but I'm not certain.  Mostly just information on childhood vaccinations.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stellarose said:

thank you. 

19 year old at Penn State - on campus- and wanted him vaccinated.  DE opened up to 16 and older- bam- 17 year old done!!

Both hubby and I have been  in the school 5 days a week since September-  now can I have my cruise now? 🙂

Ours or 3 and 6, hoping there may be a different set of rules for the littles and/or, we'll just have to bide our time at all inclusives for another year 🙂 Enjoy your sailings sooner than later I hope!

I didn't see any naysayers on here arguing.  I think some of us are simply bringing up the point that the documentation is easily forgeable and that Hippa laws have to be followed.  I am not an antivaxxer or someone doesn't follow rules.  I just want to have real conversations without being attacked.  The condescending attitude by some on these boards amazes me sometimes  I appreciated the fact that @Stallion corrected me on the immTrac in Texas.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

I'm sorry to be a debbie downer but I just don't see this happening in July.

Too many moving parts, too many variables.

I want to cruise more than anything but I am sure the administration will backpedal on this at some point.

I  not sure anyone is saying that. They seem to be saying that's the earliest possible date. It's about a 3 month lead time they estimate to resume. Many posters here have said oh I'm august, oh I'm sept or oct. Up to today there didnt seem to be any path to cruise before nov 1st but the cdc gave some ground. This is a good thing. Positive. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I  not sure anyone is saying that. They seem to be saying that's the earliest possible date. It's about a 3 month lead time they estimate to resume. Many posters here have said oh I'm august, oh I'm sept or oct. Up to today there didnt seem to be any path to cruise before nov 1st but the cdc gave some ground. This is a good thing. Positive. 

And we all sure wanted some positive news!  Hoping many get to see their cruises play out this year.

24 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

I'm sorry to be a debbie downer but I just don't see this happening in July.

Too many moving parts, too many variables.

Concur 100% with this part. August is the earliest at this point IMO, Sept/Oct more likely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

I didn't see any naysayers on here arguing.  I think some of us are simply bringing up the point that the documentation is easily forgeable and that Hippa laws have to be followed.  I am not an antivaxxer or someone doesn't follow rules.  I just want to have real conversations without being attacked.  The condescending attitude by some on these boards amazes me sometimes  I appreciated the fact that @Stallion corrected me on the immTrac in Texas.

HIPAA does not apply in this circumstance because anyone that wants to cruise is going to be providing their information voluntarily and authorizing health authorities to verify it.

• Like 2