July start!!

Shakatime

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Hopefully more clarification will be coming from CDC/Carnival in the next few weeks. If they're going to be sailing in roughly 75 days, they have A LOT of crew that they'll need to start processing back onto the ships PDQ.

Tom

Agreed.  If they are going to be sailing in July, I suspect it will be only one or two ships from a couple of different ports.  It is going to be a lot to manage at the start whether vaccinated or unvaccinated cruises.  There will be more cancellations to come.

My sept roll call is taking a poll on how many of us are vaccinated. Of course not all are. Carnival will have a lot of moving cruises and pencil pushing once they announce new protocols, like if you need to be vaccinated. This will catch a lot of people by surprise they need to be vaccinated as it sounded before like it wouldnt be required when people booked.

We are currently sold out and cant buy my date, but I'll bet this changes once protocols are stated. I keep seeing threads asking how they will decide who goes if too many booked. . ... just announce vaccines required .. poof a lot of pax. Let's go! So ready.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

My sept roll call is taking a poll on how many of us are vaccinated. Of course not all are. Carnival will have a lot of moving cruises and pencil pushing once they announce new protocols, like if you need to be vaccinated. This will catch a lot of people by surprise they need to be vaccinated as it sounded before like it wouldnt be required when people booked.

We are currently sold out and cant buy my date, but I'll bet this changes once protocols are stated. I keep seeing threads asking how they will decide who goes if too many booked. . ... just announce vaccines required .. poof a lot of pax. Let's go! So ready.

Everyone on our August roll call are vaccinated (Cheryl and me)!  It would seem we're the only people on Cruise Critic HOPING to sail the Mardi Gras that week. The person who started the roll call has not posted in over a year (Spring '20), and a lot has happened since then!

🙂

Tom

21 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Everyone on our August roll call are vaccinated (Cheryl and me)!  It would seem we're the only people on Cruise Critic HOPING to sail the Mardi Gras that week. The person who started the roll call has not posted in over a year (Spring '20), and a lot has happened since then!

🙂

Tom

We have way over 200 on my roll call so it's not surprising the variety of answers. Lots of brand new cruisers. The poll asks for respectful replies, no attacks like you get here on cc. Cc has become a mean place.

Lots of yesses and some nos. One no says there were no studies and the vaccine rushed to market. They might consider the vaccine if studies are completed. Good thing they asked ahead to just reply. Answers like that on these boards will start something. Who knows why my date in particular attracted a lot of groups with newbies. We will almost for sure lose a few if vaccines required. Carnival will have their hands full.

49 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

We have way over 200 on my roll call so it's not surprising the variety of answers. Lots of brand new cruisers. The poll asks for respectful replies, no attacks like you get here on cc. Cc has become a mean place.

Lots of yesses and some nos. One no says there were no studies and the vaccine rushed to market. They might consider the vaccine if studies are completed. Good thing they asked ahead to just reply. Answers like that on these boards will start something. Who knows why my date in particular attracted a lot of groups with newbies. We will almost for sure lose a few if vaccines required. Carnival will have their hands full.

WOWZA -- 200+ !!

I'm perplexed as to why there's basically nobody on ours - but it's not the first time. Easier to manage that way - pub/cabin crawls and slot pulls are a breeze!  😄

Tom

• Thanks 1

I'm curious - I was going to go ahead and check-in for our 8/7/21 sailing -- 98 days out. I just paid the balance this morning, but the CHECK IN GUESTS tab is greyed out. Anyone else seeing this, or is it a matter of waiting another day - for todays payment to fully process or something?

Tom

EDIT - just learned that check-in starts 30 days out from sailing...

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl
Found what I was looking for..

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'm curious - I was going to go ahead and check-in for our 8/7/21 sailing -- 98 days out. I just paid the balance this morning, but the CHECK IN GUESTS tab is greyed out. Anyone else seeing this, or is it a matter of waiting another day - for todays payment to fully process or something?

Tom

I think check in is at 30 days Tom. 

I still propose that Carnival is going to want to appeal to as many cruisers if possible with the new CDC requirements.  Their initial cruises will start with the 95% vaccinated requirement with a few ships and then they will do the test cruise route with other ships in order to appease the unvaccinated and at the same time allow any unvaccinated cancellations from the 95% ships group to flip to the other ships.  And at the same time, if NCL or RCI go with the  CDC requirement for their entire fleet, then Carnival will be there with open arms welcoming the unvaccinated and earning more Blue cards.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

So could any of the other passengers and crew. If you're vaccinated, your odds are good and remain the same even with children aboard. I'd imagine if people were insisting others cruise without their spouse/significant other/cruising partner etc people wouldn't be so quick to accept others deciding for them. Children aren't pets, I doubt Carnival is going to be splitting up families or forcing parents to leave their kids behind. I just don't see it plus kids have sacrificed enough already. They deserve a vacation also. 

Are all the US states opened up to vaccinations available to who wants them?  Thx!

Everyone goes back and forth on this "vaccinated" talk....Bottom line, NO ONE ....NOTTA ONE...should be allowed on a cruise ship or an airplane if they have not been FULLY vaccinated.....Have a great day everyone

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I thought there was consensus on another thread that DeSantis has no authority over Carnival because of how cruise ships fall under a different type entity than land-based Florida business'.  Carnival will likely require 95% of cruisers to be vaccinated.

In that case, Carnival will go the vaccinated route in Florida as they need revenue at this point and not test cruises for months.

59 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Carnival would go the vaccinated only path in states like California and New York with immediate return to cruising. In contrast if Florida forces cruiselines to run through the more complex "test cruise" process

I think that Carnival will split their fleet in order to add appeal to everyone.   If DeSantis causes Carnival  to go the test route in FLA, then they will start in Galveston with the 95% on the two ships that are there.

59 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I think that Carnival will split their fleet in order to add appeal to everyone.   If DeSantis causes Carnival  to go the test route in FLA, then they will start in Galveston with the 95% on the two ships that are there.

I feel confident in taking the other side of this bet. Bragging rights?

Imo carnival will not spend the extra $ for mock cruises or take the risk of being alone doing unvaccinated cruises. 

Bet? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I feel confident in taking the other side of this bet. Bragging rights?

Imo carnival will not spend the extra $ for mock cruises or take the risk of being alone doing unvaccinated cruises. 

Bet? 

I gotta bet alongside firefly on this one.  Shooters?
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:
I gotta bet alongside firefly on this one.  Shooters?

THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE...my god....look at what this virus has done to this world.....if you don't want to have the vaccine....that's ok....but don't jeopardize everybody else's life

• Like 2

5 hours ago, abby1257 said:

Everyone goes back and forth on this "vaccinated" talk....Bottom line, NO ONE ....NOTTA ONE...should be allowed on a cruise ship or an airplane if they have not been FULLY vaccinated.....Have a great day everyone

How would you implement this beyond asking 95 out of 100 passengers if they've been vaccinated or showing a cereal box card as proof? 

4 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

cruise contract and federal vaccination database

What vaccine data base? Each state was responsible for rolling out vaccines to individuals. The fed/gov just distributed them to the states. There is no federal data base and the Biden administration has no interest in rolling one out after the fact. So essentially, a federal vaccination data base isn't happening and doesn't exist. There really isn't much that can be done on the verification front beyond theater.   

13 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

What vaccine data base? Each state was responsible for rolling out vaccines to individuals. The fed/gov just distributed them to the states. There is no federal data base and the Biden administration has no interest in rolling one out after the fact. So essentially, a federal vaccination data base isn't happening and doesn't exist. There really isn't much that can be done on the verification front beyond theater.   

a relational database can be used easily to link 50 separate databases, quickly and effectively.  just because biden doesn't want to create a single federal database doesn't mean that the 50 separate databases can't be utilized as if they were one single database.

• Like 1

If Carnival is in the business of making money, they will require all of their passengers to sign sworn statements that they have received the vaccine. I think it's very risky from a business perspective to go through the trouble of test runs and delay cruising for months, only to risk the chance of a few severe covid cases on their first cruise with unvaccinated passengers.  

Although I don't think it's a big deal to cruise with unvaccinated passengers and think any positive cases should simply be quarantined, it is clear that the CDC is going to be very restrictive and unforgiving of any issues that arise during a cruise.  

I could be wrong and Carnival will waste months doing their test runs and jumping through hoops when all they had to do was require passengers be vaccinated.  It's a simple solution and I believe will only be temporary this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

a relational database can be used easily to link 50 separate databases, quickly and effectively.  just because biden doesn't want to create a single federal database doesn't mean that the 50 separate databases can't be utilized as if they were one single database.

Easily? You are going to need a lot of consent forms, cooperation, engineers, technicians, money and a large legal team to fight the onslaught of lawsuits. Easily? Not even in the slightest.   

• Thanks 1