Which Ships will be first??

So with the CDC allowing the cruise lines the possibility of cruising by mid July, the million dollar question is which ships and when? Then the follow up question will be how exactly the vaccination mandate will actually work.  

You gotta think RCL will be announcing this fairly quickly, right??  There are dozens of cruises and thousands of people waiting on this info to make decisions.  After all this time, it's now RCL on the clock.  Your move RCL.  Let's hear it.

Edited by beeradley1
  • Like 1

I am dying to know as well. I’m ready to lift and shift my Adventure cruise out of Nassau and pay the Air2Sea penalties to rebook on an Oasis class ship!!! I think that Symphony was slated for the Caribbean this summer. I had a B2B that got canceled last summer, so I would love to get that trip back.

1 hour ago, Booking It said:

I am dying to know as well. I’m ready to lift and shift my Adventure cruise out of Nassau and pay the Air2Sea penalties to rebook on an Oasis class ship!!!

Are you assuming Royal is going to cancel the Adventure cruises?  I thought they were a solid go.

I am dying to know as well. I’m ready to lift and shift my Adventure cruise out of Nassau and pay the Air2Sea penalties to rebook on an Oasis class ship!!! I think that Symphony was slated for the Caribbean this summer. I had a B2B that got canceled last summer, so I would love to get that trip back.

I’m actually booked on the Symphony July 24. Wondering if we will be a go or not. 

One thing to keep in mind is that the CDC condition of only sailing at 50% capacity for start up, the sailings you may wish to sail on may already be "full".  A person sailing on our same sailing for this August on the Indy (if it sails) called RCCL today and they said the ship is at 50% capacity already so they are no longer selling the cruise to potential customers.  Therefore, even if you want to book Symphony and it is set to sail, you may not be able to.

1 minute ago, beeradley1 said:

50%?  How did I  miss that??

I am not saying the 50% is accurate because I did not look deeply into it.  It was what another person who is supposed to be on our summer sailing told me after talking to an RCCL representative on the phone today.  I do know that they officially said they would be sailing at lower capacities to start though.

13 minutes ago, dswallow said:

There've been reports of contracts coming out for staffing up Allure.

But really, everything's changing relatively quickly so one never really knows.

Hope so --we are booked on Allure for August and October.  

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Whichever ones are in Pt Canaveral😉

John -is that your hope or is that the port where RCI wants to start cruising from?  We are booked on Allure in August and October as well as Harmony in December.  Our favorite port as it is the easiest drive.  

1 minute ago, SherriZ366 said:

John -is that your hope or is that the port where RCI wants to start cruising from?  We are booked on Allure in August and October as well as Harmony in December.  Our favorite port as it is the easiest drive.  

Just an educated guess. We have Allure in October as well

I think they really won't know how many ships they can staff for awhile. If everyone thinks their sailing is a go just because it's after mid July might be in for a let down. So everyone go easy on your plans until they come out and say just what ships and intineraires are a go........slow down everyone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

When on Allure?  We are sailing on 10-31-2-2021.  

Yes, Allure.October 3rd, I think. It's in my signature. Laura wants to see Mama Mia again.

Technically, we should be on Harmony on Halloween

4 hours ago, beeradley1 said:

So with the CDC allowing the cruise lines the possibility of cruising by mid July, the million dollar question is which ships and when? Then the follow up question will be how exactly the vaccination mandate will actually work.  

You gotta think RCL will be announcing this fairly quickly, right??  There are dozens of cruises and thousands of people waiting on this info to make decisions.  After all this time, it's now RCL on the clock.  Your move RCL.  Let's hear it.

The Anthem on July 24,2023 will be the first cruise with no Covid restrictions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1