Which Ships will be first??

On 5/3/2021 at 9:21 AM, toad455 said:

I could see by August:

Symphony(7-day) & Adventure(3/4 day after her Nassau homeporting) out of Miami.

Allure(7-day) & Vision(3/4 day after her Bermuda homeporting) out of Port Canaveral.

Liberty(7-day) & Explorer(4/5 day) out of Galveston.

Yeah, then you're saying September for Allure right!  Whoopee!  She is floating around outside CoCoCay right now with a ton of other ships just waiting, they all seem to be near their islands in the Bahamas.  Others are elsewhere around the globe, but a ton there.  Mariner just pulled in to FLL, I presume to vaccinate crew...I'm starting to track the ships and ports more now.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9383948

Edited by BecciBoo

8 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

If I understand correctly, you can’t name one USA business doing business in Florida that HAS been hurt by this ban?

The ban just went into lawful effect yesterday.  And if the cruise lines cannot implement a vaccine requirement THEY will be hurt.

Royal is not a USA business, though it helps Florida economy tremendously. We rely on tourism. 

I didn’t see where in your response that you alluded that his statements made two weeks ago contradict what he is saying currently. What exactly were the contradictory statements about vaccination cards?

Read the article that I attached.  Says pretty clearly that his office maintains that the ban WILL apply to the cruise lines.

I think Maritime Law and Federal Law take precedence over cruise lines. 
He has the right and obligation to represent Florida residents as best as he can. If what he is doing oversteps Federal law, it will be corrected in the courts.

Don’t assume that Royal will be hurt by not being allowed to require proof of vaccination. 

You are right.  Federal law will take precedence.  Which has been my point all along.  And it will be corrected in the courts if he chooses to press his position.  THAT will hurt the cruise lines because until the issue is resolved they will be delayed in a restart.  I think the vast majority of cruisers want to cruise with a vaccine requirement, and if Royal is prohibited from implementing that then cruisers will make a different choice.

1 hour ago, kearney said:

I suspect the Gov mandate does not impact industries like cruise ships and airplanes... these are interstate businesses.... vs intrastate... like restaurants... hotels  based in florida. 

One question that I have not seen addressed...is what exactly is a vaccine passport? We already have the easily copied vaccine cards... is that considered a passport? I don't know the answer to this...and have not heard details outlined for such a thing.

As far as which ships first...my guess Navigator of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas... since it appears their crew are currently being vaccinated. I think there are other ships as well that have been done a few days earlier. out of Port Canaveral... Just a guess based on crews being vaccinated...that I know of.

I think Navigator, Mariner and maybe Independence will be the first ships. 
I would be pleasantly surprised if Mariner could go in July. 
I have her booked 3 times. 
I just want Allure in September. 
I can’t wait to have my first CL cabin for a cruise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

I think Navigator, Mariner and maybe Independence will be the first ships. 
I would be pleasantly surprised if Mariner could go in July. 
I have her booked 3 times. 
I just want Allure in September. 
I can’t wait to have my first CL cabin for a cruise. 

I love CLs, and I love being on Deck 17! I hope you get your Allure cruise in September.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

Florida doesn't want cruise ships, governor just signed a law that companies cannot ask for proof of vaccinations. That really screws the cruise industry, since they cannot sail without that proof. 

Actually as written, the law permits cruise lines to require vaccination proof if a governmental agency has such a requirement for matters protecting public health.

And in any case, the law also appears to present numerous workarounds, such as allowing a $150,000 fee to board the ship that can be waived if you show proof of vaccination. Or requiring that if you don't show proof of vaccination, you must always wear this hazmat suit if you leave your cabin.

There's always ways. Remember, legislators are genetically incapable of creating a law without exploitable ambiguities.

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Actually as written, the law permits cruise lines to require vaccination proof if a governmental agency has such a requirement for matters protecting pu

There's always ways. Remember, legislators are genetically incapable of creating a law without exploitable ambiguities.

Thank you for your response, and I really appreciate this particular paragraph. 

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Of course they can, they just need to follow CDC guidelines.

How can they follow CDC guidelines if they can't require the passengers to show proof of vaccination? It feels like a catch 22 to me

1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

How can they follow CDC guidelines if they can't require the passengers to show proof of vaccination? It feels like a catch 22 to me

I think “follow CDC guidelines” means that they are left with the test cruises option. That almost insures a return no earlier than late summer at best and a much more restrictive cruise experience. 

1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

Why wouldn't they be able to require passengers to show proof of vaccination? You aren't talking about the governor's executive order in Florida, are you? Because that doesn't apply to foreign cruise ships. Federal maritime law applies there and a statewide executive order doesn't. Or are you concerned about something else?

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

I bet things  would go faster if he stoped talking.

Chances of that happening are slim to none.  He's obviously drawing his line in the sand.  Shortsighted, but that's never stopped him before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, love to cruise 2017 said:

he cant help him self ...he opens mouth inserts foot before brain is in gear.......helping the cruise industry my foot...

Have you checked the mirror lately....LMAO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Why wouldn't they be able to require passengers to show proof of vaccination? You aren't talking about the governor's executive order in Florida, are you? Because that doesn't apply to foreign cruise ships. Federal maritime law applies there and a statewide executive order doesn't. Or are you concerned about something else?

Royal Caribbean is a business entity that does business in Florida, the ruling DeSantis just signed said nothing about excluding certain businesses. It will be interesting to see what happens next. 

My question is what ports of call will be open for ships from every cruise line? I have probably missed something about ports other  than Nassau and the private islands. Too many ships to send them all to only The Bahamas!

Cruise Lines need to call his bluff--announce their intention to sail in mid-July with requirements for vaccination cards so they can certify compliance with CDC guidelines and let him file his lawsuit and request for temporary injunction. He has cornered himself into a corner with an extremely weak argument. He'll never get the temporary injunction because he doesn't have control over the requirements for international travel

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Cruise Lines need to call his bluff--announce their intention to sail in mid-July with requirements for vaccination cards so they can certify compliance with CDC guidelines and let him file his lawsuit and request for temporary injunction. He has cornered himself into a corner with an extremely weak argument. He'll never get the temporary injunction because he doesn't have control over the requirements for international travel

While I agree this SHOULD happen, it won't. The cruise lines won't want to be on Desantis's bad side. If they are deciding between requiring vaccines and sailing sooner, or appeasing Desantis and sailing later, they will either sail later, or move more ships out of FL. Do you really think we will be in a situation where Desantis is simultaneously suing the CDC and the cruise lines, to "get cruising going again"? Not going to happen.

The sad fact is, despite being internationally flagged, the cruise lines depend on FL, and that means they will do everything they can to side with the governor, even if that means losing out on a few more months of revenue. Hey, they can always point fingers at the evil bad CDC.

Edited by jrapps
spelling

I don't think he'll have to balls to sign on to such a frivolous lawsuit arguing that the Cruise Lines don't have the authority to request vaccination cards. So no I don't think there will be a 2nd lawsuit. What would he do if he somehow found a friendly judge and was granted the Temporary Injunction thereby delaying the resumption of cruising in Florida? The cruise lines have the same problem in Texas with a similar new law but Abbott is not being as vocal about its application to cruise ships. This is first year Commercial Law/Conflicts of Law stuff-both these guys know the score or they could have never graduated from law school

Edited by Stallion

1 minute ago, Stallion said:

I don't think he'll have to balls to sign on to such a frivolous lawsuit arguing that the Cruise Lines don't have the authority to request vaccination cards. So no I don't think there will be a 2nd lawsuit. What would he do if he somehow found a friendly judge and was granted the Temporary Injunction thereby delaying the resumption of cruising in Florida? The cruise lines have the same problem in Texas with a similar new law but Abbott is not being as vocal about its application to cruise ships. This is first year Commercial Law/Conflicts of Law stuff

You are right..but knowing how he works, it won't come to that. It will all be behind the scenes conversations. They won't require vaccines and invite him sue them because he will scare them off before it gets that far. If he privately threatens to sue them, that might be enough. They won't call his bluff.

16 hours ago, dswallow said:

Actually as written, the law permits cruise lines to require vaccination proof if a governmental agency has such a requirement for matters protecting public health.

And in any case, the law also appears to present numerous workarounds, such as allowing a $150,000 fee to board the ship that can be waived if you show proof of vaccination. Or requiring that if you don't show proof of vaccination, you must always wear this hazmat suit if you leave your cabin.

What law are you referring to? The vaccination card ban?

And what governmental agency has a Requirement (proof of vaccination) for matters protecting public health?