Which Ships will be first??

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think they really won't know how many ships they can staff for awhile. If everyone thinks their sailing is a go just because it's after mid July might be in for a let down. So everyone go easy on your plans until they come out and say just what ships and intineraires are a go........slow down everyone.

I will believe July cruising when I see it. Nothing is moving fast and with India a covid hot spot where is all the staff coming from? Maybe some people her want to work????(hahaha)

Vaccines for staff could be solved by the soon to be surplus of them here as too many are refusing or waiting here - those vaccines could help the cruise ships. 

The good thing is time will tell - if it happens we will all be happy. If it doesn’t happen and cruising is paused even longer from US ports - well then that’s just what it is! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BSocial said:

Did I read on CC that Liberty OTS has a dry dock scheduled this year, or next year?

Yes, I went looking for info after someone else posted it.  I found an RC Fans page that showed an RC Dry Dock for 2021. The Liberty was listed for July. When I spoke with C&A rep,  making final payment, he claimed to know absolutely nothing. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, imola said:

When I spoke with C&A rep,  making final payment, he claimed to know absolutely nothing. 

If you call the United MileagePlus desk, would you expect someone there to know when your plane's next D check will be?

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Given that Florida's governor has made it clear that he will not allow businesses to require vaccinations and the CDC wants 95% of passengers to be vaccinated in order to forego the test cruises, etc., it would seem that RC would be setting itself up for yet another fight if they attempted for to try to start up  U.S. cruising from a Florida port . Perhaps use NY or Baltimore for the 95/5 and use Florida for some test cruises. 

2 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Given that Florida's governor has made it clear that he will not allow businesses to require vaccinations and the CDC wants 95% of passengers to be vaccinated in order to forego the test cruises, etc., it would seem that RC would be setting itself up for yet another fight if they attempted for to try to start up  U.S. cruising from a Florida port . Perhaps use NY or Baltimore for the 95/5 and use Florida for some test cruises. 

He is also suing for cruising to start. 

Pretty sure he's open to backtracking 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Good luck with that, don't forget about king Murphy. He will only consider that if NY opens their port first so he can "keep up with the Jones".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, beeradley1 said:

50%?  How did I  miss that??

Capacity restrictions under the CSO have not been lifted.  I believe that it will be a determination between the cruise lines and the CDC on the exact percentage. Just from a management perspective with vaccination requirements for crew and passengers, as well as social distancing and other protocols, they will not be sailing full.  Lots more cancellations to come I would imagine. 

14 hours ago, dswallow said:

There've been reports of contracts coming out for staffing up Allure.

But really, everything's changing relatively quickly so one never really knows.

Yeah!  planning on August 15th. So this is welcome news as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Governor’s “ban” on vaccination requirements for cruising is unenforceable.  No jurisdiction. And he knows that. As others have said he will fold if it’s the way to restart. 

• Like 2

I truly believe that Royal will start with some smaller ships, as those have few kids, with the vaccination requirement.  The larger ships will many kids will start with test cruises.  I think a divide and conquer technique would work well here.  Test cruises will be done by lines like Disney Cruise Lines and Carnival which seem to have more younger kids.  The vaccination requirement would not have much of an impact on Princess or Holland, based on what I hear on their demographics.

Personally, we have little kids in our family; and we cannot meet the vaccination requirement whether we want to or not.  I truly hope Royal does a "two-ways" approach.

J

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Where in the CSO are those capacity limits listed?

There is no specific amount listed, just a general provision that speaks to capacity limits for the restricted revenue sailings when conditional sail approval is given.  Considering health protocols that will have to be in place, full capacity sailings would not work.  If current sailings are any indication, the lines will be implementing capacity controls on their own.

"CDC may limit the terms or conditions of a cruise ship operator’s COVID-19 Conditional Sailing Certificate in regard to passenger or crew capacity, itinerary, ports of call, length of voyage, onboard or shoreside activities, or in regard to any other passenger, crew, or cruise ship operations, as needed to the health and safety of passengers and crew or the public’s health."

CDC-Conditional-Sail-Order_10_30_2020-p.pdf

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

If you call the United MileagePlus desk, would you expect someone there to know when your plane's next D check will be?

Call Center personnel have access to all  dock schedules once they are finalized.  

13 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Wow.  Try Decaf.  I wouldn't fly United so no questions for them.. I just thought that since it has been seen in print maybe the product rep would know.  The Rep was not knowledgeable about many things during the conversation.  Just saggin

• Haha 1

remember.....just because you are booked on a ship after July there is no guarantee it will happen. So many ships are on the wrong side of the pond from where they are booked it makes one wonder if they will switch iteneraries with better "located" ships. You might look at ship locater to see where your ship is currently located.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imola said:

The Rep was not knowledgeable about many things during the conversation.  Just sayin

That was my point and it is already known to regulars on CC, keep your expectations real low on what RCI CSRs know.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jaredhamburg said:

I truly believe that Royal will start with some smaller ships, as those have few kids, with the vaccination requirement.  The larger ships will many kids will start with test cruises.  I think a divide and conquer technique would work well here.  Test cruises will be done by lines like Disney Cruise Lines and Carnival which seem to have more younger kids.  The vaccination requirement would not have much of an impact on Princess or Holland, based on what I hear on their demographics.

Personally, we have little kids in our family; and we cannot meet the vaccination requirement whether we want to or not.  I truly hope Royal does a "two-ways" approach.

J

I don't think children fit the equation. 

If Florida opens, look for big ships

Screenshot_20210430-182959_Google.thumb.jpg.c2eb191ba877adf2eb894e316c1b0ff5.jpg

They are more profitable 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

He is also suing for cruising to start. 

Pretty sure he's open to backtracking 😉

And as I've posted on other threads, Gov. DeSantis seems to be opposed to a vaccine passport.  I think he could say that presenting the CDC card was fine especially if the cruise line and the ports where the ship is to sail to require it.  

• Like 1