Adventure: One Month Out From First Sailing

June 12th the first sailing gets under way.... hoping any hour here we'll be getting some details on what's in store.

Mask rules...

Shore excursion rules....

embarkation/disembarkation times....

I'm waiting on excursions and tours in Nassau until I have some idea what the lay of the land will be.

Hoping to get some answers today/tomorrow (since technically there are 31 days in this month) lol

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I was just coming to ask if anything had been released yet.  The last time I looked at their website it said guests will be informed 30 days prior to sailing.  Guess that could be tomorrow??

It was announced on the travel agent call that this guidance was going to be delayed a couple more days. I assume due to the CDC changing their cruise guidance for vaccinated folks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

June 12th the first sailing gets under way.... hoping any hour here we'll be getting some details on what's in store.

Mask rules...

I'm waiting on excursions and tours in Nassau until I have some idea what the lay of the land will be.

Hoping to get some answers today/tomorrow (since technically there are 31 days in this month) lol

Adventure was the first cruise I missed because of the cancelations. I was supposed to go on a 9 day from Bayonne in May of 2020.  Glad to hear some good news. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Mask rules...

tomorrow is officially 30-days to June 12th,  hopefully everyone will hear soon.

From their Facebook page I did see a band is already aboard.  They boarded the last days of April.  

DW and I saw them about every night on 11 night Southern Caribbean and they were on one of the ships in Asia when Covid broke out last year. 

They are called      Switched on Band.  They have some clips from their shows on RCL ships.

Check them out while on board.

Eddie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Wilson said:

From their Facebook page I did see a band is already aboard.  They boarded the last days of April.  

DW and I saw them about every night on 11 night Southern Caribbean and they were on one of the ships in Asia when Covid broke out last year. 

They are called      Switched on Band.  They have some clips from their shows on RCL ships.

Check them out while on board.

Eddie

I've been tracking everything we discover about the sailings, including the entertainers and staff we learn about, for the sailings I'm booked on (though pretty certain everyone on the first sailing is performing or staffing at least for all 14 of them). You'll find it and numerous social media links to everyone involved at these pages...

Adventure of the Seas, 6/12/2021 (2150.com)
Adventure of the Seas, 6/19/2021 (2150.com)
Adventure of the Seas, 6/26/2021 (2150.com)
Adventure of the Seas, 9/4/2021 (2150.com)
Adventure of the Seas, 9/11/2021 (2150.com)

And moderately related have tried to assemble info about the entertainers and staff I've come across on the 19 Royal Caribbean sailings I've been on so far, and their social media accounts; I'm sure there's many hundreds more than I've put together, but consider this at least some sort of start. 🙂

General Information (2150.com)

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Omg, DSWALLOW, that chart is amazing. Is it self made?  Hat is very impressive

Eddie

Everything on those is stuff I've put together myself, yes. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Omg, DSWALLOW, that chart is amazing. Is it self made?  Hat is very impressive

Eddie

I agree, these are very impressive. I have bookmarked the June 26th link since I don’t think it will change much, if at all, from the 26th to July 3rd. 

On 5/12/2021 at 9:42 PM, dswallow said:

I've been tracking everything we discover about the sailings, including the entertainers and staff we learn about, for the sailings I'm booked on (though pretty certain everyone on the first sailing is performing or staffing at least for all 14 of them). You'll find it and numerous social media links to everyone involved at these pages...

And moderately related have tried to assemble info about the entertainers and staff I've come across on the 19 Royal Caribbean sailings I've been on so far, and their social media accounts; I'm sure there's many hundreds more than I've put together, but consider this at least some sort of start. 🙂

Oh my.. love this. I thought I was analytical... I tend to pick a few specific cruises and track pricing...but nothing like what you have done... I have to ask.. did you have an analytical job or is this Covid locked in the house with nothing else to do stuff? Personally I have been working on family history... and stopped looking at cruise info for most of the past year... too depressing... Great work... I don't suppose you know anything about entertainment on Aug 14 Adventure sailing?

9 hours ago, bstel said:

There could be issues with not just this itinerary but others... Grand Cayman is considering closing to cruise ships, and while Florida has stopped Key West from stopping cruises... not sure how happy they will be with cruise passengers in the future. Even if CDC allows maskless people... these various islands might not be so quick to open... with or without masks. The sudden change of heart might undermine confidence in the new directives... I like the changes...but it does give you pause when a few days ago masks required regardless of vaccination. It will be interesting to see when these early ships sail..if they can stop at various islands currently on their itinerary

7 hours ago, kearney said:

Oh my.. love this. I thought I was analytical... I tend to pick a few specific cruises and track pricing...but nothing like what you have done... I have to ask.. did you have an analytical job or is this Covid locked in the house with nothing else to do stuff? Personally I have been working on family history... and stopped looking at cruise info for most of the past year... too depressing... Great work... I don't suppose you know anything about entertainment on Aug 14 Adventure sailing?

I have little doubt the entertainment on the first sailing will be the entertainment on the 14th sailing; maybe those last few sailings could see some change depending on what cruises are going to definitely happen later. The protocols to go through to prepare crew to be aboard just aren't really going to allow much in the way of short contract entertainers. When more ships are sailing they'll be able to shuffle entertainers between ships at common ports again.

My price tracking project came about because I wanted to be able to look at trends, especially historical, and to be able to look more quickly overall just to find potential deals on sailings I might book. Now, I'm not really doing anything like working with trends yet, just collecting the raw data. But I have the raw data readily accessible to do stuff like those graphs for every sailing on Royal Caribbean.

With so much attention on the cruising restart I just made it more accessible to everyone else. And as part of that I was trying to find what crew/entertainment was coming aboard, so figured a good place to start looking was on previous entertainment on sailings, so I indexed all the sailings I'd been on since 2016, and then did something on a larger scale I usually do for the major entertainers... hunted down social media accounts. That resulted in the larger index of entertainers and cruise staff. Next I'll move that into a database so I can track more metadata readily for each, and then open it up to populating it from every sailing I can get cruise compass documents from, even if I wasn't aboard.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 9:42 PM, dswallow said:

This is amazing!  Thank you.

On 5/12/2021 at 2:32 PM, smokeybandit said:

It was announced on the travel agent call that this guidance was going to be delayed a couple more days. I assume due to the CDC changing their cruise guidance for vaccinated folks.

The CDC has no control over ships cruising from foreign ports like Nassau. The reason several cruise lines including RCI are scheduled to cruise the Caribbean from foreign ports is so they don’t have to deal with the CDC. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The CDC has no control over ships cruising from foreign ports like Nassau. The reason several cruise lines including RCI are scheduled to cruise the Caribbean from foreign ports is so they don’t have to deal with the CDC. 

This is true, but their foreign protocols surely will at least shadow CDC protocols. And with the CDC adding more bang for the buck for vaccinated people, RC would want to review their own to see if they can relax any themselves.