To Vax or not to vax...that is the question

5 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We can debate the vax issue forever (folks have been doing that for many years about numerous vaccinations) and perhaps debate/discussion is good for the soul.  But the reality for international travelers and cruisers is that you either sit home and whine or you get vaccinated and travel/cruise.  Perhaps this will change in the future, but the reality is that being fully vaccinated is currently the key that opens many travel/cruise doors.  

For those folks that refuse to get vaccinated, or various reasons, they will likely need to stand on the sidelines and hope their situation improves.    We have 3 cruises scheduled for the remainder of this year (July, Oct and Dec) and all require that every passenger be fully vaccinated.  There are also vaccine requirements to even enter the two countries (Greece and Barbados) where these cruises embark.  Those that choose not to get vaccinated can chat all they want, but they will not be on any of these cruises.  

Hank

Agree.  No judgment for people who do not want to get vaccinated at this time.  I know many people who are taking a wait and see approach; especially for their kids.  Cruises will require people to be vaccinated at this time.  People who choose not to vaccinate can't participate.  Maybe that will change in the future.  Initially, we were kind of leary about being one of the "firsts" in the US to get back to cruising because it will be different and we know that.  But, we love cruising and are willing to jump through some hoops.  "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!"   

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

Agree.  ........................  "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!"   

I love that saying :).   Our friends and family know that DW and I are avid world travelers and somewhat addicted to both travel and cruising.  When COVID hit, like everyone else, we had to make many adjustments.  But unlike many, we did continue to travel although we tried to balance caution with fun.  Last winter when friends asked us our future travel plans my answer was we would take advantage to whatever opportunities opened up.  I knew, early on, that we wanted to go back to Greece to show support for their travel policy and positive attitude and we quickly arranged that as soon as it became apparent that it was a good tactical move.  Last winter we also managed to take a 10 day trip to Florida to show our support for their attitude to encourage tourism (with careful mitigation) while most other States were simply locking everything down.  Last winter we also spent our usual 10 weeks in Puerto Vallarta where there was a major COVID problem, but the State government managed to walk the tightrope of mitigation vs common sense.  

So now, we are gradually seeing the world reopen and what do we know!  For folks who are fully vaccinated there is very little COVID risk.  For those adults who refuse to get vaccinated I wish them luck but also think they are misinformed.  But the unvaccinated are not my problem as long as they are not on any cruise that we happen to take.  So we are simply booking cruises that have 100% vaccination policies.   We also made sure to book our flights to Greece on Turkish Airlines because we thought they had the best attitude among airlines (they have resumed much of their Biz Class service).

So getting back to your wonderful saying, we actually search for the lemonade and just leaves the lemons to their own sour selves :).

Hank

• Like 1

We will be vaccinated.  If only because we hope to get to Greece in the fall, Mexico over Xmas/New Year and Thailand/Malaysia (if open)  in Jan-March.   

We assume that vaccination certificates will be required for much of this. Either entry to those countries,  passage on carriers, or perhaps even resort stays.    Don't know for sure.

Above all, we do not want to be sitting at home with the I wish, or the shoulda, coulda, if only regrets.

Besides, we believe that vaccinations is the only way to go to protect ourselves and to protect others.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

the question .......

to vax o -not to vax that is the question ??

To Vax...... you go on a cruise..... and help reduce the spread of the Coronavirus

Not to Vax   You Do Not go on a cruise......  and you could spread the Coronavirus...   or you could inadvertently die prematurely  or cause somebody else to.....

Simple.... it seams not... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

the question .......

to vax o -not to vax that is the question ??

To Vax...... you go on a cruise..... and help reduce the spread of the Coronavirus

Not to Vax   You Do Not go on a cruise......  and you could spread the Coronavirus...   or you could inadvertently die prematurely  or cause somebody else to.....

Simple.... it seams not... 

Of course it is a simple question - but stupid people often have problems with simple questions.

• Thanks 1