Are Nautica and Regatta for Sale?

mrlevin

15 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Probably good advice. Our November booking is a replacement for the cancelled 2020 identical cruise. The near to itineraries for 2022 and 2023 itineraries are waitlisted.

We’ll ride it out and see what happens. Other lines run that itinerary also. Options.

Final payment isn’t due until September now. So best guess by some is Oceania is playing the cash flow game. Wait until August and September to cancel, so to pay us back 60-90 later with money from new bookings from their September cruise release. 

We’ll see what unfolds. No official word from Oceania on the subject of those ships.

There is a webinar for CCC Members on the 3rd, maybe we will learn something then..

Jancruz1

If I can add a little to this discussion specifically about Regatta. I 

communicated with Bob Binder the CEO of Oceania today (May 27) about how likely it will be for this specific cruise to sail and how long will they wait before making the final announcement. I also asked him if they will withhold requiring final payments for this cruise. 

Here are his answers (he gave me permission to share them on this Board😞

If we absolutely had to make a decision today about relaunching the Regatta, we would need to cancel all the the way through February as not only Japan, but many other Asian ports and Australia are closed to cruising.

Fortunately we have a little time to wait to see if the ports open before we would need to make a final decision.  Our plan is to still operate these cruises and we are seeing some progress in Covid case counts and vaccinations.

Japan is an obvious issue as they might not even be open to tourists for the Olympics and only 5% of their population is vaccinated.  Rest assured that is Japan is the only major issue we will still operate the sailing as long as their are options with other Asian ports.  Also keep in mind that this ship continues on to Australia for an extended season and Australia is closed for all travel.  To fill out the remaining Regatta season it is also important that Australia opens up.

I am still hopeful that we will operate your cruise and I am giving the Asian and Australian ports another 30-40 days to open up instead of giving up now.

Then he added in second email the following related to final payments:

Please feel free to share the information.

We have also extended the Pay In Full dates for many of the Regatta cruises including 10/2, 10/28 and 11/13. We will not require PIF on any of the other Regatta sailings until after a return to service announcement is made.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

There is a webinar for CCC Members on the 3rd, maybe we will learn something then..

Jancruz1

ROTF!  The very day cancellation penalties click in for Marina's December 1st sailing from Miami to Lima and Buenos Aires.

On 5/26/2021 at 5:27 PM, Jancruz said:

Very true..thank Goodness for us these are the untrue ones..

Jancruz1

I am not concerned at all about who owns what ship. I AM concerned about the likelihood that my Oct. 28, 2021 cruise from Tokyo to Singapore is going to be cancelled. Happy to rebook in '22 but by the time O officially cancels, pickings will be slim.

50 minutes ago, mamaclark said:

I am not concerned at all about who owns what ship. I AM concerned about the likelihood that my Oct. 28, 2021 cruise from Tokyo to Singapore is going to be cancelled. Happy to rebook in '22 but by the time O officially cancels, pickings will be slim.

My guess  will be  the cruise will not sail

considering the  Virus situation  in Asia

but then again  Oct is still a long way off

Toss a coin  it could go either way

JMO

1 hour ago, mamaclark said:

I AM concerned about the likelihood that my Oct. 28, 2021 cruise from Tokyo to Singapore is going to be cancelled. 

32 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

but then again  Oct is still a long way off

Reading post #27, it appears a decision will be made in about 1 month.

This is likely to include the entire Asia, Aust, NZ itineraries for Regatta.

In my opinion, the situations in Asia, Aust, NZ (albeit different from each other) will not significantly improve in the next 30-40 days.

For example, Malaysia has just yesterday  ordered a total lockdown starting 1st June.

The writing is on the wall.

Edited by Tranquility Base
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mamaclark said:

Well if you want an eye opener Google the percentage of Japanese residents that have been vaccinated for Covid -19.

1 minute ago, 1985rz1 said:

Oceania Cruises' Connoisseur Club...for Travel Agents

So has this become a web site for travel agents?  Let them get their own web site or share what they get with all of us.  Good either way 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, RJB said:

So has this become a web site for travel agents?  Let them get their own web site or share what they get with all of us.  Good either way 

Of the ones I know to be Travel Agents, they do share with this Board, relevant information from such meetings.  I think we're lucky to have them contributing to this Board.  They are not advertising (and they can't) and get nothing professionally out of providing us the information, but their contributions to the Board comprise an important resource for us travelers.

• Like 13

On 5/28/2021 at 12:15 PM, mamaclark said:

Happy to rebook in '22 but by the time O officially cancels, pickings will be slim.

Despite the cancellation penalty I'm enough of a control freak to want to have a booking for the same for '22 depending on how much I'd like to do the cruise. Good luck to you!

20 hours ago, ORV said:

Well if you want an eye opener Google the percentage of Japanese residents that have been vaccinated for Covid -19.

Yes, and it absolutely shocks me that so few have taken the vaccine. The Japanese are usually very good about things like this due to their sense of community. SMH

1 hour ago, RJB said:

What is a CCC?

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Cruise Connoisseur Club is Oceania's designation for high-producing travel agencies. It has nothing to do with Cruise Critic.  The webinar that was mentioned is something hosted by Oceania for TAs who are CCC members, not something hosted by Cruise Critic for its members.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RJB said:

They do share what they get with all of us, and we never even know that they're TAs unless we happen to know them personally.   I know mine from back in early '02 when they were allowed to identify themselves, but that practice has long-since been banned.  Mine -- a CCC member -- is a major provider of information to this board and is frequently thanked in replies posted by members, including myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aloha 1 said:

Yes, and it absolutely shocks me that so few have taken the vaccine. The Japanese are usually very good about things like this due to their sense of community. SMH

Not a demand issue -- it is all supply and logistics

Moderna not yet approved and once it is approved they will have sufficient by years end.

On 5/29/2021 at 3:31 PM, 1985rz1 said:

Of the ones I know to be Travel Agents, they do share with this Board, relevant information from such meetings.  I think we're lucky to have them contributing to this Board.  They are not advertising (and they can't) and get nothing professionally out of providing us the information, but their contributions to the Board comprise an important resource for us travelers.

If they are on this site they should share the info. with us and not talk in secret language.  I think that Jan gives us all she knows and is one of the good ones.  Even goes out of her way to seek out info. that some of us want.  Not all like that. 

21 minutes ago, RJB said:

If they are on this site they should share the info. with us and not talk in secret language.  I think that Jan gives us all she knows and is one of the good ones.  Even goes out of her way to seek out info. that some of us want.  Not all like that. 

I believe, that much like the actual restart date of the Nautica and Regatta, there is a lot that even Oceania hasn’t decided yet, but we’re demanding our TA to tell us. I believe I mostly get information as my TA knows it.

An issue for her has been the extreme turnover of staff at Oceania. Most all the knowledgeable reps she worked with for years are gone. The newbies are basically clueless ( it will take awhile), plus there is a lack of confidence in whether whatever they say is speculation or fact. At this point, she doesn’t want to pass on speculation. So we all wait for the announcements.

Just as a simple example, for those few of you that read the Cruise Critic articles, you’ll learn that that the CDC has now said for fully vaccinated ships, eliminating the self service buffet is now a recommendation not a mandate. No one has sailed yet, and most all the rules keep changing, with more changes to come. Fully expecting this,  the major cruise lines didn’t announce policy on every issue every time the CDC issued a new statement, regardless of the desires of some of the passengers. In short, the TAs haven’t told us much because they don’t know much at this point.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It still constantly amuses me that more than a year into this pandemic and people are still angry that they don’t know exactly how things are going to be in 6 months time. 

Nobody knows dear, keep your knickers on. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

ToxM right on! For everyone keep 🙏 and when we are fortunate enough to board an O ship, we will know what the rules are at that moment. In the military we used a phrase, Semper Gumby, in other words, BE FLEXIBLE. ONLY THE GOOD LORD KNOWS.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pinotlover said:

An issue for her has been the extreme turnover of staff at Oceania. Most all the knowledgeable reps she worked with for years are gone. The newbies are basically clueless ( it will take awhile), plus there is a lack of confidence in whether whatever they say is speculation or fact. At this point, she doesn’t want to pass on speculation. So we all wait for the announcements.

I dont find a big turnover of staff at Oceania at all..at this point almost everything is speculation..so many things to worry about including staffing the ships..our country is good but look at India! and O has many Indian staff on board each ship..

Jancruz1

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 5:19 PM, HiFi43 said:

If I can add a little to this discussion specifically about Regatta. I 

communicated with Bob Binder the CEO of Oceania today (May 27) about how likely it will be for this specific cruise to sail and how long will they wait before making the final announcement. I also asked him if they will withhold requiring final payments for this cruise. 

Here are his answers (he gave me permission to share them on this Board😞

If we absolutely had to make a decision today about relaunching the Regatta, we would need to cancel all the the way through February as not only Japan, but many other Asian ports and Australia are closed to cruising.

Fortunately we have a little time to wait to see if the ports open before we would need to make a final decision.  Our plan is to still operate these cruises and we are seeing some progress in Covid case counts and vaccinations.

Japan is an obvious issue as they might not even be open to tourists for the Olympics and only 5% of their population is vaccinated.  Rest assured that is Japan is the only major issue we will still operate the sailing as long as their are options with other Asian ports.  Also keep in mind that this ship continues on to Australia for an extended season and Australia is closed for all travel.  To fill out the remaining Regatta season it is also important that Australia opens up.

I am still hopeful that we will operate your cruise and I am giving the Asian and Australian ports another 30-40 days to open up instead of giving up now.

Then he added in second email the following related to final payments:

Please feel free to share the information.

We have also extended the Pay In Full dates for many of the Regatta cruises including 10/2, 10/28 and 11/13. We will not require PIF on any of the other Regatta sailings until after a return to service announcement is made.

With the announcement that Cunard is cancelling their Australia season as well as both World Cruises, I wonder if NCLH will come out with Nautica and Regatta cancellations as well as cancellation and/or changes to the Seven Seas Mariner World Cruise.