Bolt - how much $ to ride?

Originally it was supposed to be free.

But of course some of the suits got involved and decided that free don’t make Carnival no money!!(sorry for the double negative).

Niw my understanding is it’s supposed to be a “nominal” fee.

I’m guessing 10 bucks. And then they’ll look at how popular it is and adjust the price from there.

• Like 1

Honestly a little bummed that they changed the "rules" on it after people booked and prior to even sailing the ship.  While I completely understand the loss of money during the shutdown, it is disappointing the change was made.  It won't stop us from giving it a try (provided it's reasonable in price).

$8m sounds like a big cost - but at $10 per rider, it could recoup the original expense in ~2 years. Maybe then, they could consider dropping the fee?  Or perhaps the cruiseline will become addicted to the money like airlines are to bag fees...

2 hours ago, Cruising with kiddos said:

Honestly a little bummed that they changed the "rules" on it after people booked and prior to even sailing the ship.  While I completely understand the loss of money during the shutdown, it is disappointing the change was made.  It won't stop us from giving it a try (provided it's reasonable in price).

I'm disappointed too they charge. Carnival is moving more and more this direction. 

Big chicken isnt a plus for me either. I am to the point I've said no more fried chicken. Not even for special occasions for family. 

Add me to the list of I probably wouldnt fly for this ship the way its adding on extras.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Does anybody know?  Anybody wanna guess?  I'll start the bidding at $45.

FREE unless too many are wanting to ride. I am 75 and my wife knows I am nuts. I cannot wait to get on it. My luck. It will be broken down. Going for Halloween. Woopeee!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

FREE unless too many are wanting to ride. I am 75 and my wife knows I am nuts. I cannot wait to get on it. My luck. It will be broken down. Going for Halloween. Woopeee!

Broken is my concern Or some idiot manages to do something stupid and get hurt.

• Like 2

Just now, BlerkOne said:

Broken is my concern Or some idiot manages to do something stupid and get hurt.

Breaks down when riding is one thing. If that happened to me. OK at least I got some what of a ride and a nice view till they get me down. However, you are so correct. There is always some stupid idiot.

4 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Hopefully no more than $10. I’ll go on it once for that but probably never again. I’m sure they’ll have to have some sort of unlimited ride pass too.

That is a lot more fun than the $9.00 a game for miniature bowling on the MSC Divina.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

It added $8 million to the cost of the ship and when it works can handle 190 riders/hour. Weight limit 300 pounds. Therefore how many pancakes will fit on the funnel?

Where did you see that the weight limit is 300? Which I'm fine with, just wondering...

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm disappointed too they charge. Carnival is moving more and more this direction. 

Big chicken isnt a plus for me either. I am to the point I've said no more fried chicken. Not even for special occasions for family. 

Add me to the list of I probably wouldnt fly for this ship the way its adding on extras.

I have had Shaq's Big Chicken in Vegas. It isn't all that great. 

• Haha 1