Allure & Symphony Test Cruises Announced

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What is your sail date? you might be making your 6th attempt?

September 25. That gives us 7 weeks from the end of the test cruise.And we have booked an alternate land vacation just in case. Wont even have to change flights.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jrapps said:

So technically, that article said that those ports all got the CDC approval for their port agreements and were ready for test cruises as a next step.

To my knowledge, there has not YET been a specific carnival ship set to do a test cruise out of Galveston like these Allure and Symphony ones are actually scheduled.

Technically yes. Now it appears that although the CDC has given the green light for test cruises out of Galveston, Carnival plans to launch Vista on a regular sailing on July 3rd, according to the Port of Galveston.  

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wow,  You are thinking way to hard on this...............Royal isn't even giving this much thought into this yet.................They are a fly by the seat of their pants kind of operation right now.

Sorry I wasn't trying to be difficult or think too hard...I just thought it was interesting that the only test cruises so far are in FL. I was thinking that the lines would submit all their test applications at once, and thought it was off that I hadn't seen one from Galveston yet.

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So what are you reading into that, not following what you are getting at?

The post jrapps is responding to was incorrect.  Carnival has not received test cruise approvals.  The approvals referenced in the article were for port agreements only.

6 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Technically yes. Now it appears that although the CDC has given the green light for test cruises out of Galveston, Carnival plans to launch Vista on a regular sailing on July 3rd, according to the Port of Galveston.  

Yeah, so if Carnival intends to so a revenue cruise on July 3rd, you would expect they already have a test cruise scheduled. I have doubts they can hit that date (unless they are going vaccine route)

Sorry, I didn't intend to take this thread on a tangent like this.

14 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

The CDC has not given test cruise approval for PC and Galveston (Carnival).  The article you linked was approval for the port agreements.  The title was deceptive and obviously led people to believe that it was a go for sailings.  And the Port information is just the usual schedule of ships to sail and does not necessarily mean that sailings are going to happen as scheduled.

Edited by harkinmr

37 minutes ago, exm said:

I'm on the 8/21 Symphony Sailing (double booked on the 8/21 Adventure). This looks hopeful! Just wish there's more details how long AFTER a test cruise the CDC will approve actual cruises. I assume they'll have to review the test cruise data?

We're on this one, too (SY 8-21-21).  As you well know, this cruise was removed from the website months ago b/c it is 8 nights.  In the past week, this cruise has been completely removed from CruisingPower.  It is 100% toast at this point.  ...but the good news, for you, is that you have a backup.  Way to go !

image.thumb.png.e5194f5b7cde1bc9b91bc02d08f6beb5.png

1 hour ago, TLG40 said:

Guess that means all of July on Allure will be canceled ? I was hoping they would do the test simulated sailings earlier in July - we are booked for July 25 on Allure

My group of 10 are booked for the same sailing. 

5 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

The CDC has not given test cruise approval for PC and Galveston (Carnival).  The article you linked was approval for the port agreements.  The title was deceptive and obviously led people to believe that it was a go for sailings.  And the Port information is just the usual schedule of ships to sail and does not necessarily mean that sailings are going to happen as scheduled.

You're probably right, since I don't cruise Carnival, I haven't looked that much into it.  Agree that titles do not always correspond to the content. 

2 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Me too!  Fingers crossed!! Already had two NCL cruises canceled, which is why I came over to this side!

I would love to know how quickly they can resume after the test cruises.

2 minutes ago, mavo68 said:

I don't think anyone has that answer until they see how the test cruises go. 

4 minutes ago, mavo68 said:

From the CDC guidelines, the important articles realted to this are:

• As a condition of receiving a COVID-19 Conditional Sailing Certificate, cruise ship operators must have at least 75% of all passengers who are not fully vaccinated provide their post disembarkation specimen to the selected laboratory for COVID-19 testing 3 to 5 days after completion of the simulated voyage. 
  • The after-action report must be submitted to the CDC as soon as practicable at the end of the simulation and as part of the cruise ship operator’s application for a COVID-19 Conditional Sailing Certificate.

By the time they collect the  results of those tests and get a report back to the CDC, figure a week, and then my guess is at least another week for them to review and approve. so a minimum of 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Just now, JsMom2 said:

My July 4th Allure sailing isn’t showing as cancelled in cruise planner yet.  But they finally closed the July sailings to new bookings!

Lift and shift it if price is good., otherwise refund...........forget the FCC 125%...by the time prices come back to being reasonable again the FCC will expire..........Royal planned it that way.

• Like 2

Just now, Jimbo said:

Lift and shift it if price is good., otherwise refund...........forget the FCC 125%...by the time prices come back to being reasonable again the FCC will expire..........Royal planned it that way.

I already have a booking on Allure  in November.  Booked the July 4th just to get the 125% FCC.  Once I apply it to the new booking, it’ll be paid  in full!  

Figured they were about to announce the suspension. As prices have just gone up on several sailings!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Espn said:

First I agree with those that are upset with RC for not officially canceling cruises in July and August and leaving them hanging.

My family is in a bit of a different boat, pun intended. We are booked on Allure October 24th with final payment due July 27. At this point I think the cruise will be going, but without knowing details of how it is all going to work I am not feeling a lot of confidence in paying thousands for our suite before the test sailings. I was hoping this would all be figured out like this month. Sticking with our cruise is going to be a tough decision.

At least you have slightly under 2 months to figure it out whether or not you want to make final payment and see what happens with the summer sailings.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mavo68 said:

I guess we will find out how quick Freedom OTS gets permission to sail after their test cruise scheduled for later in June.   

I wonder why the next 2 test cruises are approved so far out and not sometime in June or early July?

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

I guess we will find out how quick Freedom OTS gets permission to sail after their test cruise scheduled for later in June.   

I wonder why the next 2 test cruises are approved so far out and not sometime in July?

Yeah I was wondering that also. They are 7-8 weeks out.

22 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

We're on this one, too (SY 8-21-21).  As you well know, this cruise was removed from the website months ago b/c it is 8 nights.  In the past week, this cruise has been completely removed from CruisingPower.  It is 100% toast at this point.  ...but the good news, for you, is that you have a backup.  Way to go !

image.thumb.png.e5194f5b7cde1bc9b91bc02d08f6beb5.png

At this point anything past the middle of August could potentially go as planned. This sailing has been off the site since October and it came back last week by mistake for less than a day and left again. I believe is that it still has to do with the 8 days. 

10 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Cases in my area of Metro ATL are basically at zero daily...time to get on with things.  Florida appears to be in the same boat (pun intended).  

Florida?  Hardly zero.  7 day case average is about 1700 statewide.  Miami-Dade County is the worst.  Just over 5000 cases over the last 14 days.  You guys in Atlanta put us to shame.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JsMom2 said:

I already have a booking on Allure  in November.  Booked the July 4th just to get the 125% FCC.  Once I apply it to the new booking, it’ll be paid  in full!  

Figured they were about to announce the suspension. As prices have just gone up on several sailings!

How long ago did you book the July 4th sailing? I guess if you can use the FCC 125% on an already booked future cruise on the balance then it's not a bad deal......but if you need to use the FCC 125% on a new cruise, isn't worth as much because prices of new cruises are sky high.

Edited by Jimbo

21 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Unless you have a cruise booked pre-COVID. I do not think our 8/15 Allure will happen. I’ll gladly take the 125% FCC and immediately apply it to our 8/14/22 Harmony cruise, booked pre-COVID. In fact, I had applied our 125% FCC from our cancelled 11/1/2020 Allure TA to the August cruise. I’ll keep rolling them forward until 9/30/22. 

mac_tlc

• Like 2