Horrible planning and decision making by Royal

On 6/5/2021 at 9:41 AM, CruisingHogFan said:

We booked Adventure out of Nassau due to knowing all adults would be vaccinated

Has RCCL dropped the vaccination requirement for cruises out of NAS?  I thought they were only dropping it for cruises that start in FL and TX to comply with local state law?

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Look if the country doesn't want the ship to port and let people off w/ proof of vaccines, that's on them. As far as cost, that's for them to establish and for you decide if it's affordable. And if the concern is a facrtor of a 'pain' or if it's a time fsctor, then either get in line or don't. It's all about you and how you handle it.  It's called the Price of Freedom.... and it's worth it. 

Since we usually are in agreement on most issues, and you do seem a bit worked up this afternoon, I'm sure we will talk another day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s beyond ridiculous to me how the vaccinated thinks the chance of a ship retuning to port because of the non-vaccinated increases exponentially and shrink (or none at all) the possibility that they’re the ones causing the return since they too can test positive. I’ll be happy if they let me on as I’m ready! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Well then if the country wants proof, they'll ask for it upon arrival. We went on a 9 nine country cruise over 14 days, only two countries required passport inspections, Germany upon arrival athe airport & Russia upon getting off the ship. Don't tell me it can't be done. I know it can be done. I saw it being done. I was part of it being done. 

But you also showed your passport at the airport in Texas when you boarded plane.

And I'd bet you showed it at the airport to come home.

But I really don't understand your tangent

The point is that they want money. Fine I agree but the reality is if one person has the virus onboard there is a risk of quarantine. Right now that is not a risk I want to take for my family.   I respect everyone’s opinion and my opinion is although i love cruising I can afford to wait.  If you want to go, be my guest. That said i’m not into wasting my time on this. I have rendered my opinion and you have rendered yours. Let’s see what happens.  I hope I’m wrong. Smooth sailing 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

But you also showed your passport at the airport in Texas when you boarded plane.

And I'd bet you showed it at the airport to come home.

But I really don't understand your tangent

An airport is different than a cruse terminal.  As such it's handled differently, and managed differently. 

A commercial jet is different than a cruise ship. We all 'live' on a cruise ship for x amount of days. A cruise ship is a vacation vessel.  This is not the case w/ a commercial jet. A jet is a mode of transportation to take you from point A to point B.  

46 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Can you please tell me what federally protected social group is being discriminated against? You have to have that to have a suit. 

I’ll wait.......

2 hours ago, Babr said:

You are forgetting that unvaccinated is not a protected class. Not under ADA. Not under civil rights laws. Discrimination does not have a place in this discussion. 

Correct. Not a protected class federally. However, states can give its citizens greater rights. States could easily make medical status (including vax status) a protected class.

1 minute ago, CI66774 said:

Correct. Not a protected class federally. However, states can give its citizens greater rights. States could easily make medical status (including vax status) a protected class.

But they haven’t yet. I suppose that is next.

14 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

An airport is different than a cruse terminal.  As such it's handled differently, and managed differently. 

A commercial jet is different than a cruise ship. We all 'live' on a cruise ship for x amount of days. A cruise ship is a vacation vessel.  This is not the case w/ a commercial jet. A jet is a mode of transportation to take you from point A to point B.  

But what makes an airport truly different. Pretty much has all the same folks

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

The point is that they want money. Fine I agree but the reality is if one person has the virus onboard there is a risk of quarantine. Right now that is not a risk I want to take for my family.   I respect everyone’s opinion and my opinion is although i love cruising I can afford to wait.  If you want to go, be my guest. That said i’m not into wasting my time on this. I have rendered my opinion and you have rendered yours. Let’s see what happens.  I hope I’m wrong. Smooth sailing 

In March 2020, yes, in July 2021 almost certainly not going to happen.  Money makes the world go round. I don’t know about you, I like money, and just like RCG/RCI we both want more.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

In Rhode Island they kick kids out if school for not having required vaccinations.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

In Rhode Island they kick kids out if school for not having required vaccinations.

Certain vaccines I'm sure. Probably properly approved vaccines that struck children w/ a disease and created deaths in children. Covid is not properly approved yet and covid does not infect the child like it does the adult. Or create death in children. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

Could but won't.  Much like the Colorado cake suit, the supreme court stated you can not protect on class to the detriment of another. (granted that was religious but the sentiment is the same)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I don't have to defend my position. The law defends my position. Further, I'm vaxed and cruising with non vaxed folks does not bother me at all. Now masking... that's a bother. I won't like it, but I also won't whine like a baby on this forum either. I'll cancel cruises that require me to mask up and move on. 

👍👍💚

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LouChamp said:

Definitely not worth the risk. The callous selfish decision by RCG shows how they just want money.  Disgusting.   Those that decide to go though i wish all the best

I surely hope all the safety protocols that will be in place on ships with less than 95% vaxxed passengers remains safe and without a Covid outbreak. I won't be on any of those ships because that is not the cruise experience I will pay for. Just hope those cruises do not show up as a headline on the nightly news about a Covid outbreak on board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, msears101 said:

Has RCCL dropped the vaccination requirement for cruises out of NAS?  I thought they were only dropping it for cruises that start in FL and TX to comply with local state law?

Don’t confuse the two -

Texas does not have a State Law  - Florida does have law banning asking vaccination status for services. 

Edited by BSocial
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

I can understand those who are medically unable to take the vaccine to be deemed a "protected class". In fact, I'm fully expecting to hear about that in the near future.

Those who are vaccine hesitant or just simply are anti-vaxxers should NOT be deemed a protected class, IMHO. Religious objectors to vaccines I believe should also NOT be deemed a "protected class". I group them with the anti-vaxxers.

All my opinion.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Well then if the country wants proof, they'll ask for it upon arrival. We went on a 9 nine country cruise over 14 days, only two countries required passport inspections, Germany upon arrival athe airport & Russia upon getting off the ship. Don't tell me it can't be done. I know it can be done. I saw it being done. I was part of it being done. 

I'm going to make a wild guess and say that the other countries the cruise visited are on this list:

Austria

Belgium

Luxembourg

Netherlands

Germany

France

Spain

Portugal

Sweden

Finland

Denmark

Lithuania

Latvia

Estonia

Poland

Slovakia

Hungary

Slovenia

Italy

Greece

Czech Republic

Malta

Iceland

Liechtenstein

Norway

Switzerland

Monaco

San Marino

If so, when you entered Germany you enter entered the Schengen Area and that allowed you to visit the other Schengen Area countries. Nothing special, no rules waived.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I surely hope all the safety protocols that will be in place on ships with less than 95% vaxxed passengers remains safe and without a Covid outbreak. I won't be on any of those ships because that is not the cruise experience I will pay for. Just hope those cruises do not show up as a headline on the nightly news about a Covid outbreak on board.

Exactly. Agreed