Just looking at the sea.....

chemmo

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

I wouldn’t care, that's what blankets are for. 😉 😁

No, at our stage of cruise deprivation we may not either...However, a bit of sunshine would be enjoyed!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smmessineo said:

I agree ! I miss just being at sea. A month ago I booked for January 2022 and December 2022. Then I got so overwhelmed by cruise fever that I booked Edge for this September.  My husband never gets off the ship in ports  and I might stay on with him this time and just enjoy the Edge.  No balcony for my 3 sailings, just blissfully dark inside staterooms, where the ocean  (usually) gently rocks you to sleep. 

Hope you enjoy! I think looking forward to being on board is as much part of the pleasure as actually being there! I am sure there are many of us at the moment with cruises booked are loosing a bit of this because of all the uncertainties...

Sincere best wishes for three fantastic voyages!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

We did a TA out of Southampton last year and spent a week in Cornwall prior. Stayed at a lovely little hotel ‘the Smugglers’ near Penzance and then a neat hotel/pub, The Hampshire Hog north of Southampton near the Butser Ancient Farm where they had replicas of Iron Age buildings and much more. Loved it!

den

So glad you enjoyed your stay. A couple of year ago we discover the 16th Century ‘Red Lion’ in the New Forest prior to sailing from Southampton. At the time it had an apartment you could book and it remains in our memory as one of those ‘little gems’ you come across throughout the world if you take the time to look for them...

Visiting any part of the U.K. without staying in at least one of two traditional pub or inns does seem a real pity, so glad you enjoyed.

16 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Wonderful...As they say a picture tells a 1,000 words...

Thank you, but as you pointed out, no substitute for the real thing.  

33 minutes ago, chemmo said:

So glad you enjoyed your stay. A couple of year ago we discover the 16th Century ‘Red Lion’ in the New Forest prior to sailing from Southampton. At the time it had an apartment you could book and it remains in our memory as one of those ‘little gems’ you come across throughout the world if you take the time to look for them...

Visiting any part of the U.K. without staying in at least one of two traditional pub or inns does seem a real pity, so glad you enjoyed.

Agreed!
We love history and buildings of interest and have stayed in a few.

We are fortunate. We live in a ocean front complex in the Keys. Often after dinner we will ride out to the Tiki directly on the ocean, get out and watch the moon on the water, breathe the salt air and listen to the waves. 

On the other hand, the view from our unit was destroyed when they put up this McMansion.

100_1321.JPG

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

I don’t know about the rest of you but the thing we have missed most about cruising is just looking at the sea, feeling that wonderful breeze, tasing the salt on our lips, listening to the waves...

We are presently very grateful to be on a hillside in Wales (in our tourer) looking out towards Llandudno in one direction and Anglesey and Puffin Island in the other. No complaints we feel very blessed. However, although we can see and smell the sea we are not at sea...just can’t wait...Do you feel the same?

I wish we could be by the sea.  I'll be on Lake Erie tomorrow, I'll try to pretend it's the ocean.

6 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

We are fortunate. We live in a ocean front complex in the Keys. Often after dinner we will ride out to the Tiki directly on the ocean, get out and watch the moon on the water, breathe the salt air and listen to the waves. 

On the other hand, the view from our unit was destroyed when they put up this McMansion.

100_1321.JPG

Love the Keys...We always have an ‘add on’ to our holiday when we cruise the Caribbean. Sometimes Orlando, sometimes a beach but just driving down to the Keys is magical. We will never forget our first visit, we felt we were driving in a movie set, too beautiful and interesting to be real...

6 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I wish we could be by the sea.  I'll be on Lake Erie tomorrow, I'll try to pretend it's the ocean.

Hope you enjoy, we return home tomorrow after enjoying our wonderful sea views for a week...Plan to return for another week next month. Not like being at sea but definitely better than nothing!

15 hours ago, chemmo said:

We have a Southampton cruise booked for September but know it is unlikely to sail and even if it does we will need to feel comfortable about boarding first...

Keep your fingers crossed, we also have a September Southampton cruise booked and have just received our final payment request from Celebrity. Means nothing in the current climate but there's hope...

6 hours ago, JBare said:

Keep your fingers crossed, we also have a September Southampton cruise booked and have just received our final payment request from Celebrity. Means nothing in the current climate but there's hope...

That is early for final payment isn’t it?

We were hoping that the first few cruises would happen before we have to commit more cash than the deposit.

If the first cruises go ahead smoothly we would be possibly willing to look at a round Britain cruise (not something we would normally book) if our itinerary was changed but we would like some feedback first. We are booked in the PH so we really don’t want that much cash tied up for a future cruise. We may simply in the next week or two shift to an alternative. Can’t go for the same time next year as both PHs are already booked.

23 hours ago, marieps said:

Our first cruise was in 1997.  I still remember seeking the color of the Caribbean for the first time.  It was breathtaking and awe inspiring in the same moment.  The balcony will get far more use than previously when we finally sail.  Thanks for a post sure to bring camaraderie.

Same here. Same year and same experience. I remember thinking that the blue was too intense to be real ... but it was.  Can’t wait for March!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

That is early for final payment isn’t it?

I should say standard request/reminder, standard 90 day email, final date is another month away but check in is available if payment made.

1 hour ago, JBare said:

I should say standard request/reminder, standard 90 day email, final date is another month away but check in is available if payment made.

Thanks, we usually pay up at First reminder but may take our time this year, still so many uncertainties.

On 6/5/2021 at 11:38 AM, chemmo said:

I don’t know about the rest of you but the thing we have missed most about cruising is just looking at the sea, feeling that wonderful breeze, tasing the salt on our lips, listening to the waves...

We are presently very grateful to be on a hillside in Wales (in our tourer) looking out towards Llandudno in one direction and Anglesey and Puffin Island in the other. No complaints we feel very blessed. However, although we can see and smell the sea we are not at sea...just can’t wait...Do you feel the same?

Totally agree!  Smooth sailing 

22 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Decades ago, I met a man from Erie, PA, who referred to it as, "Dreary Erie, the mistake by the lake." Years later, on two separate visits, I found Erie to be a lovely, sunny place, and I smiled as I remembered the man.

I hope you have lovely weather for your lake adventure. 

On 6/5/2021 at 1:44 PM, mahdnc said:

1553143553_EclipseWakeJul92016Caribbean.thumb.gif.ee62fa8d12addbfa021a9a531cfedd26.gifEclipse, Jan 9 2016, somewhere in the Caribbean.......

Thank you so much for posting this video!  Absolutely beautiful and I'm sure takes many of us here on CC back to happy memories!

7 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Decades ago, I met a man from Erie, PA, who referred to it as, "Dreary Erie, the mistake by the lake." Years later, on two separate visits, I found Erie to be a lovely, sunny place, and I smiled as I remembered the man.

I hope you have lovely weather for your lake adventure. 

Lake Erie was beautiful today.  Fishing was a little slow.  I did see a couple of freighters, so I tried to imagine I was on the ocean.

• Like 3

On 6/5/2021 at 7:27 PM, chemmo said:

We have a cruise booked in a September from Southampton to the Canary Islands.....

Fairly sure our cruise, as booked, will not run but could consider its replacement...

All vacations should be about rest and relaxation...If a cruise this year could be too stressful we will (regretfully) move it on to next year..

Are you anticipating a change in itinerary?  Also following closely...

2 hours ago, dutchclogs said:

Are you anticipating a change in itinerary?  Also following closely...

Yes, strongly feel it will be another British Isles (if sails are good) or a back to Florida (minus passengers) if the trips are not breaking even...No background knowledge just a gut feeling....Wouldn’t bet on anything!