Will You cancel Your Upcoming Cruises if Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations

If Royal Caribbean Doesn't Require Vaccinations will you cancel your cruise?  

436 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About Royal Caribbean not requesting vaccinations

• We will cancel our upcoming cruise(s) if Royal Caribbean does not require vaccinations
    • We Don't have concerns with with Royal Caribbean not Requiring Vaccinations

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I have cruised with Germans and Italians on MSC.  Their behavior was no better than any American dominated cruise I have been on. They are just as likely to push and shove, cut into the queue and shoulder their way to the front at a bar as anyone else.  As well as cruising on MSC I have done many land based trips to Europe. Your assumption that American are more poorly behaved than Europeans is an unfounded stereotype that I have never seen in all my travels abroad.

I bet they are not home trying to sell fake vaccine cards on ebay?

1 minute ago, lr657 said:

They are operating successfully, but with numerous protocols that wouldn't be required on a ship with vaccination requirements. Personally I prefer not to cruise under the those protocols. We have several cruises already booked which will require vaccinations and plan to keep them. For our other cruises out of Florida we will see what the protocols will be for vaccinated passengers, and if we will be required to mask, social distance and follow the same protocols that apply to unvaccinated passengers, we'll cancel them. 

I agree completely, you have made the best decision.  I think the protocols that will be required for the unvaccinated are a work in progress. Vaccinated passengers will have greater freedom from the outset and the unvaccinated will have protocols that will slowly diminish as the risk of an outbreak fades with the declining numbers of Covid in America.

4 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Global trends are continuing to trend downwards as well. I simply used the United States as an example because a 60% vaccination rate has almost eliminated the spread. As other countries continue to vaccinate, new cases will trend downwards as well.

So far, the major new waves because of variants hasn’t happened. If it ever does, it would be a much greater issue than just on a cruise ship. If we aside hypothetical and only focus on data and science, then we are good!

Apparently you aren’t aware that there are a few variants that have caused major upticks in Covid cases and deaths globally.  Not sure why you are espousing that major waves from variants haven’t happened.  So far there have been variant waves in the UK, which spread to the EU, and here in the US, and seems to be why Michigan was having such a difficult not that long ago.  There is a variant out of Brazil causing a huge wave, one in India, one in Vietnam, and now Portugal.  South Africa as well.  The ones in Vietnam and Portugal have not yet caused major waves, but reports are that Portugal’s cases have doubled due to the variant.  There is nothing hypothetical about it — and understanding the reality of virus mutation and spread IS a big part of the science

40 minutes ago, broberts said:

Has there been any official detailing of mask wearing and other practices that will be required aboard an unvaccinated cruise?

Unvaccinated From US departure ports - Not from the cruise lines.  
I’m pretty sure the CSO details those requirements  (changing as time goes on) 

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

They didn’t say which state was offering a free cruise but West Virginia was offering a free gun. 

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

OMG!  That one made me spray coffee all over the table. 😂

Sure hope the vaccine works! 😉

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

No one is “making” anyone get a vaccine for travel — but I am curious what statutes you are referring to as to the illegality of requiring a vaccine (schools have such requirements nationally, and the Covid vaccines have been legally authorized for use) and the only place currently with a law about asking for vaccination status is Florida.  Pretty sure cruises will be sailing out of ports not in Florida.  So, other than Florida, what statute are you referring to?

It is illegal to require anyone to get an experimental drug. You can start by researching the Nuremburg Code & then try various government laws. Then start researching various laws against HIPPA & Disability Acts. The Chinese Virus vaccines are still experimental & schools can require them but they will loose when challenged.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toocruisin2 said:

I intermingle with unvaccinated people all the time in stores, restaurants, etc. so I'm not worried about getting Covid on a ship any more than I would be worried anywhere else.

When you're in a store or a restaurant, you're there for like an hour and you can keep your distance from others if you choose?  Whereas a cruise ship is 7@24 in a confined space, for up to a week, with complete strangers.  Do you think you can really stay six feet apart from other cruisers in an elevator or a bar or that you're not breathing re-circulated air in a restaurant or a theatre on a ship?

Going on a cruise anywhere in the next year will be a big leap of faith that all the scientists have everything figured out.  It's not making it any easier when cruise lines want to put profits or politics above their customers' safety.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Data not showing upticks.

2FFE73F9-FB42-48E6-AF75-1B5BE385C881.jpeg

Yes, you see that still very large hump on the far right — see how much bigger it is than the flat line all the way on the left?  That is the data telling us that there is still a lot of Covid globally.  And when you average the countries that are doing very well, like the US, with countries that aren’t, you get a number roughly in the middle— not a number that shows just how bad things are in an individual country.  So you can choose to ignore the data and science, pretend that you aren’t, and continue living in your happy place, but that doesn’t make your happy place accurate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Kalousdi said:

I am vaccinated and more than comfortable going on a ship that has unvaccinated people on it.  I think more than enough people are comfortable and ready to cruise again.  If you are not comfortable then you should not be going and choose another line that works for you.  

Have fun if someone on board gets COVID and you're either stuck at sea, ports won't allow you access or your cruise is cut short.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Cigar King said:

And your law degree is from where?

Do your research & prove me wrong. As long as it is an experimental drug, it is illegal to require people to get it. If the vaccines are so good, what difference does it make if I have it or not? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You just don't like following rules or having anybody tell you what you have to do..........then wow, you better stay off of cruiseships.

Find another kind of vacation please where you are more in control.

Huh you sound crazy and sure do judge.

Just a fyi, there is a BIG difference between people who dont follow rules and not liking the cdc deciding on rules. But maybe you just want to act like you think not liking rules means not following them.

I've posted many times that whatever the rules are I will follow them ... unlike many others who plan on cancelling because unlike me they wouldnt follow the rules if they dont like them.

So you want to tell me to not cruise even though i will follow the rules, because i dont care for the cdc. Silly post. I'll cruise and enjoy the ocean. Get off your judgemental chair. Enjoy life. Maybe you are in a bad mood to tell me what I need to do. I love the ocean. That's why I cruise so whatever the rules, I'm going, no matter if you approve or not. Geesh. 

I was a NO vote on cancelling of course. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

Going on a cruise anywhere in the next year will be a big leap of faith that all the scientists have everything figured out.  It's not making it any easier when cruise lines want to put profits or politics above their customers' safety.

Wow, actually no I doubt people who plan on cruising think the cruiselines have everything figured out. Hey i dont care if i eat alone or sit alone at the pool reading a book. No it doesnt mean I feel the cruiselines have everything figured out, but I want life to start back to a way to cope.

I'll be the Guinea pig. I'm vaccinated and willing to sacrifice myself for you all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

Do your research & prove me wrong. As long as it is an experimental drug, it is illegal to require people to get it. If the vaccines are so good, what difference does it make if I have it or not? 

Oh my.  Google is your friend.  It is not illegal to require a COVID-19 vaccine under an EUA.  In fact, hundreds of employers and universities across the country are doing it already.  Will there be legal challenges?  Yes, likely.  Will those challenges be successful?  Who knows, but historically vaccine mandates have been allowed by law.

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/eeoc-updated-guidance-covid-19-vaccinations-employer-policies-obligations-and

https://www.statnews.com/2021/04/05/authorization-status-covid-19-vaccine-red-herring-mandating-vaccination/

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I have cruised with Germans and Italians on MSC.  Their behavior was no better than any American dominated cruise I have been on. They are just as likely to push and shove, cut into the queue and shoulder their way to the front at a bar as anyone else.  As well as cruising on MSC I have done many land based trips to Europe. Your assumption that American are more poorly behaved than Europeans is an unfounded stereotype that I have never seen in all my travels abroad.

Agreed. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Wow, actually no I doubt people who plan on cruising think the cruiselines have everything figured out. Hey i dont care if i eat alone or sit alone at the pool reading a book. No it doesnt mean I feel the cruiselines have everything figured out, but I want life to start back to a way to cope.

I'll be the Guinea pig. I'm vaccinated and willing to sacrifice myself for you all.

Thank you firefly333!  We appreciate you. 😃

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

this is how i feel i got vaccinated but i don't care who cruises but i will care if they require mask wearing to accommodate unvaccinated guests 

i too am vaccinated and was hopeful I would be cruising with others who were as well, the thought of wearing the mask to accommodate others not vaccinated would definitely give going a second thought if that was a requirement.

Not looking forward to being stuck in my cabin unable to enjoy my expensive vacation due to an outbreak ☹️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Why do people keep continuing to say about what other ships are doing in other parts of the world.............We are talking about American Passengers........you know the ones that butt inline, the ones that that try to beat the system, the ones that don't listen to directions, the ones that don't like to be told what they can and can not do on a cruise........you know the ones at Customer Relation bitching and moaning about any little thing.........

Jeeze, stop the thing, what other ships are doing with non american people onboard.

Worst passenger behavior I have seen was on MSC, and as a US citizen, I was definitely in the minority..

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I read this too and have been perplexed by many of the comments on this thread.  It's almost as if folks haven't actually read what Royal has said and jumped to whatever conclusion is their worst case scenario.

People tend to shape their interpretation of what they see, hear, or read based on their preconceived views and biases. If a statement like the one RCL actually issued is contrary to their bias, they will inevitably find a way to distort, discount, or discredit the statement and anyone who recounts the statement as representing fact. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

It is illegal to require anyone to get an experimental drug. You can start by researching the Nuremburg Code & then try various government laws. Then start researching various laws against HIPPA & Disability Acts. The Chinese Virus vaccines are still experimental & schools can require them but they will loose when challenged.

So, in other words, you don’t have a statute you are referencing?  HIPAA prevents any medical or related professional from disclosing a patient’s medical record without the patient’s consent — it does not prevent someone from being required to produce vaccine records.  I doubt the disability act does either.  The Nuremberg Code is a set of medical ethics (not a law) about experimenting on people— requiring a vaccine to engage in a choice (to attend in person schooling, be in public places without masking, cruising) is not forcing anybody to be vaccinated.  

Edited by 3kidsncats
  • Like 8

Just now, harkinmr said:

Thank you firefly333!  We appreciate you. 😃

And if we have a outbreak and a few days added on I'll be heartbroken when they add more loyalty pts. Bring it on! Ha.

I'm retired so all these people worried about getting quarantined on the ship .. as long as I get more loyalty pts, sign me up! I for sure will bring extra books. Does chops deliver? If any think they are scaring me, I'm like ...hey can I go sooner, where do I sign ... I gave in and booked oct yesterday on carnival including cheers. It's a sacrifice I admit to go with the drink pkg, but I decided I was just the person to do it, and my ta added cheers to my sept date. Bring it on. I'm sooo ready.

What's the deal with all this doom and gloom? 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

Please stop spreading lies.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

And if we have a outbreak and a few days added on I'll be heartbroken when they add more loyalty pts. Bring it on! Ha.

I'm retired so all these people worried about getting quarantined on the ship .. as long as I get more loyalty pts, sign me up! I for sure will bring extra books. Does chops deliver? If any think they are scaring me, I'm like ...hey can I go sooner, where do I sign ... I gave in and booked oct yesterday on carnival including cheers. It's a sacrifice I admit to go with the drink pkg, but I decided I was just the person to do it, and my ta added cheers to my sept date. Bring it on. I'm sooo ready.

What's the deal with all this doom and gloom? 

You have a very positive attitude firefly.  I really do wish you the best on your cruises and I hope you'll let us know your experiences.

I'm not sure it is "doom and gloom", but more a concern about the unknown and an investment of time and money that may result in an unexpectedly unsatisfactory experience.  The cruising restart is filled with stressors so I think we have to give people a little freedom to worry.

I'm not as daring a soul as you I guess, so I am booking Celebrity Edge for September where I can be more sure of the vaccine mandate and hopefully a "protocol free" cruise.  Again, enjoy your sailings!

• Like 2