Will you cruise with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines if.... ?

WILL you cruise with Royal Cruise Lines if....  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Will you cruise on Royal Cruise Lines if...

• Masks & Vaccines are both required
    • Masks & Vaccines are both not required
    • Vacccines required but not Masks
    • Masks required but not Vaccines

I contend that most of us do not wish to wear masks while on a cruise. Is it really the vaccine or no vaccine that is the issue?  Or rather it's the masks only because of the CDC's mandated requirements of less than a 95% threshold of vaccinated passengers that must wear a mask? Be sincere and answer the poll that fits your thoughts. Of course this poll isn't the best poll out there as this poll is basically only directed to the die hard cruisers. But let's see what turns up. 

5 minutes ago, 100viper said:

Wish you added an “I don’t care” option. I’m sure I’m a minority, but my schedule is tight so I’ll be on my cruise either way. 

That's me, though the news carnival is requiring vaccinations for vista sailings in july going to be a hkt to my sept roll call. Many arent vaccinated .. .though just restarting is mentioned for july.

I'm in the dont care category.

Too bad we cant do a swap for those who want vaccinated and those who dont. No matter which they choose some will be unhappy.

I want to cruise without the current protocols the CDC is requiring for unvaccinated cruises which is basically masking and social distancing. I also don't want to be limited to ship excursions to be able to get off the ship. These measures do not seem to be needed if the ship is 95% vaccinated. I don't care if vaccines are required or not, but if these unvaccinated protocols will be in place due to sailing an unvaccinated cruise, we will not sail on it. 

• Like 2

The biggest issue is that traveling with unvaccinated passengers creates a ton of risk for the cruise companies... for multiple reasons

1. The Caribbean does not have great access to the vaccines and its unpredictable how transmission between locals and cruise-goers will be.
  2. The CDC guidelines seem pretty difficult to enforce. How do you know who is and isn't vaccinated on the ship? What areas are off limits to unvaccinated? How do you separate vaccinated and unvaccinated for meals? Seems arbitrary and likely easily abused. 
  3. If there is a viral spread on-board (even with testing its still possible a person is in the incubation period when tested) it would KILL the cruise industry. The Diamond Princess alone almost killed the industry. 

I just don't see why for the short-term Royal doesn't just require them to keep themselves safe (as a corporation). Seems like they're putting a very unnecessary risk on the return to sailing.

• Like 5

I don’t think you have a question that applies to us. 

We are vaccinated and would prefer that we shouldn’t be required to wear a mask. If required, at this time not sure what we would do. Our first cruise is not until October so lots of things could change before that time. We’re in Florida. We quit wearing our masks shortly after we both were vaccinated in January/February. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rbschultz said:

The biggest issue is that traveling with unvaccinated passengers creates a ton of risk for the cruise companies... for multiple reasons

1. The Caribbean does not have great access to the vaccines and its unpredictable how transmission between locals and cruise-goers will be.
  2. The CDC guidelines seem pretty difficult to enforce. How do you know who is and isn't vaccinated on the ship? What areas are off limits to unvaccinated? How do you separate vaccinated and unvaccinated for meals? Seems arbitrary and likely easily abused. 
  3. If there is a viral spread on-board (even with testing its still possible a person is in the incubation period when tested) it would KILL the cruise industry. The Diamond Princess alone almost killed the industry. 

I just don't see why for the short-term Royal doesn't just require them to keep themselves safe (as a corporation). Seems like they're putting a very unnecessary risk on the return to sailing.

What almost killed the industry was the utter bungling of Japan and Princess Cruises. Much has been learned from that disaster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M8VER3 said:

I don’t think you have a question that applies to us. 

We are vaccinated and would prefer that we shouldn’t be required to wear a mask. If required, at this time not sure what we would do. Our first cruise is not until October so lots of things could change before that time. We’re in Florida. We quit wearing our masks shortly after we both were vaccinated in January/February. 

I think that would option 3 for you.  

Personally, I wish Royal Caribbean would refund anyone who didn't want to cruise with unvaccinated Passenger's, masks or no masks.

When I layed money out for a cruise way back when it was for a safe cruise product, now that is no longer what I willl be receiving I would like ALL my money back. true, RCCL didn't plan on Covid, but it there, it's possible not safe, why take a chance on it.

Cash Only, I do not want or need a FCC.

Times have changed, correct, give my money back.

People that still want to cruise under these conditions, that's fine. I rather go at  much later time, I don't need to be rushed. I can wait and still be okay.

I don't want to be forced to take a cruise , with health concerns and losing money if I cancel.

Just give us the option of receiving all our money back.

• Like 2

We are vaccinated our grandkids are not ( I don't know if their mom will get them vaccinated when they reach 12 and don't really care at the moment) we don't want to wear masks but will inside if needed.  I am not interested in cruising with a line that will arbitrarily cancel families (no I don't always travel with children but they don't annoy me either) just because they want to hit that 95% mark.  I am cool with under the 95% mark and feel that allowing us to provide our cards so that we don't have to go through with the testing is fine.  Heck my husband would probably sing and dance to footloose if it meant he didn't have to be tested again.  

6 times in five hours was plently for him for his lifetime.  (none of them positive)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Personally, I wish Royal Caribbean would refund anyone who didn't want to cruise with unvaccinated Passenger's, masks or no masks.

When I layed money out for a cruise way back when it was for a safe cruise product, now that is no longer what I willl be receiving I would like ALL my money back. true, RCCL didn't plan on Covid, but it there, it's possible not safe, why take a chance on it.

Cash Only, I do not want or need a FCC.

Times have changed, correct, give my money back.

People that still want to cruise under these conditions, that's fine. I rather go at  much later time, I don't need to be rushed. I can wait and still be okay.

I don't want to be forced to take a cruise , with health concerns and losing money if I cancel.

Just give us the option of receiving all our money back.

Not sure when your cruise is, but something tells me that the health protocals established by RCL will change as needed and flucuate to what is happening ship by ship, cruise by cruise. We're so used to the CDC dragging their feet to release any substantial protocal change that it makes us think everyone deos this and what is happening today will be happening next month too. I suggest that you hang in there as long as you can. 

4 hours ago, lr657 said:

There seems to be 2 of this same thread. Anyway to combine them?

Try reporting it but hitting the ...  Sometimes the mods see it sometimes they don't.  That said in a weak moment I booked the first sailing on the Mariner Aug 23rd  YIKES!!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Not sure when your cruise is, but something tells me that the health protocals established by RCL will change as needed and flucuate to what is happening ship by ship, cruise by cruise. We're so used to the CDC dragging their feet to release any substantial protocal change that it makes us think everyone deos this and what is happening today will be happening next month too. I suggest that you hang in there as long as you can. 

September 2021, final due in 2 weeks.......was L& S to that date with an extremely good price on a OS Cabin. Looks like we are going to have to pay final to have anychance of price protecting that price........Really hope it gets canceled. With anykind of issues with ships sailing in July and August, it might just happen, more cancellations

March 2022........from Florida, already paid in full, because of issue a while back when we had to cancel late, let us transfer funds, with change fee.

October 2022, deposit is refundable.

Thinking with Covid conditions, and protocols and conditions of countries the ports are located at, best to not go on ship in Europe in September 2021 and best to wait until March 2022 cruise again from Florida.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1