2 Test Positive

21 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

exactly why i will wait 

They are in you’re community also . Don’t go outside in the world then . The only two were traveling mates together in same cabin . No others have it  . Sounds suspicious to me about validity of vaccinations. 

Edited by ssb
  • Like 12

One of the reporters onboard had to quarantine even though she tested negative, due to the fact she had taken the same excursion than the two who tested positive.  The two asymptomatic passengers were told they can not leave the island until they test positive.  Hope they got good insurance. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ssb said:

They are in you’re community also . Don’t go outside in the world then . The only two were traveling mates together in same cabin . No others have it  . Sounds suspicious to me about validity of vaccinations. 

Sounds suspicious to me about the validity of the testing. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I have no suspicions or concerns about vaccines. The nationwide numbers confirm validity. 
Some testing has known, validated issues, especially amongst asymptomatic patients. 

I agree . My suspicions are about valid vaccination cards especially with only these two . 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ssb said:

I agree . My suspicions are about valid vaccination cards especially with only these two . 

The thing is they had no symptoms, it is possible to get Covid with shots but it prevents it being serious and being hospitalized. What I find scary is if this happens to us we will be stuck in a st Maarten hotel until we have a negative test , we sail in a few weeks. 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

One of the reporters onboard had to quarantine even though she tested negative, due to the fact she had taken the same excursion than the two who tested positive.  The two asymptomatic passengers were told they can not leave the island until they test positive.  Hope they got good insurance. 

Cruise with confidence covers this. It's one of their main selling points. These people might have to foot the bill initially, but Royal will reimburse. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Cruise with confidence covers this. It's one of their main selling points. These people might have to foot the bill initially, but Royal will reimburse. 

That's good to know because two weeks (or the days needed in order to test negative) in a hotel could be costly. 

Edited by livingonthebeach

48 minutes ago, ssb said:

To me it sounds like they weren't vaccinated.  I believe that vaccinations should be required to sail, hell, travel.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes -- meant negative -- went back and edited. 

Not edited ... I just read it again... ok typo then, got it. 

Is worrying. Just takes a couple without symptoms to disrupt a cruise. Crossing fingers.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

So the 2 out of X number of passengers tested positive, but they were allowed to go on an excursion?  Seems fishy, if it took that long for tests to come back. If the reporters were vaccinated why were they also quarantined? 

Methinks we don have all the juicy info yet.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Not edited ... I just read it again... ok typo then, got it. 

Is worrying. Just takes a couple without symptoms to disrupt a cruise. Crossing fingers.

Sorry I posted it twice on different posts.  Meant negative.  Fixed one will look for the other.  Thanks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ssb said:

Your head is in the sand. i would have them in my community than when i spend thousands in another. i’ll wait.  you go

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

So the 2 out of X number of passengers tested positive, but they were allowed to go on an excursion?  Seems fishy, if it took that long for tests to come back. If the reporters were vaccinated why were they also quarantined? 

Methinks we don have all the juicy info yet.

Here's her report:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/celebrity-millennium-cruise-ship-covid/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

I think they'll have to test NEGATIVE

• Like 1