2 Test Positive

5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I would LOVE to conduct an experiment.

Pick a random gate at any large (top 10)  US airport

Do an antigen test on every person passing through that gate for one day

How many asymptomatic positives do we get?

What is the ratio of vaccinated positives to unvaccinated positives?

This data would be fascinating

And don't forget Planes now flying full at 100%, one I was on last Sat had all but one seat filled PLUS 6 Lap Kids

8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I would LOVE to conduct an experiment.

Pick a random gate at any large (top 10)  US airport

Do an antigen test on every person passing through that gate for one day

How many asymptomatic positives do we get?

What is the ratio of vaccinated positives to unvaccinated positives?

This data would be fascinating

I suspect the CDC would love to see such data.

1 hour ago, BSocial said:

no.  Just read Celebrity’s website.  This is just a subset

If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Celebrity Cruises will cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you and your Traveling Party”

Thank you.  I stand corrected.  That's good news for the poor passenger.

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Then it shouldn't be a big deal to cancel your cruise and go elsewhere....just do it, you'll be much happier.

And by the way, you aren't the only who's lost family to Covid.  And I'm still not scared, because I know what led to my brother's contracting it.

👍👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

If people really have fears that the boogeyman is going to get them if they cruise with or without a fully vaccinated ship, they should just STAY HOME and DON'T CRUISE.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.  

excellent. i’ll stay home.  the bucket list is done. i’ll wait.  enjoy. not worth the hassle 

1 hour ago, Trev B said:

Amazing. Only 2 and yet the world news jumps on it. As previously stated it is all around us, but we have to start somewhere

Yup. 310,000,000 fully vax Americans with 10,463 cases of a fully vaxed person contracting Covid. That's a rate of 0.000033%.
as thus couple tested positive on day 4 OT May be that they picked it up on their plane, I the airport, in their home.

we know *zero* variables- type of vaccine, comorbidities age, profession, possible exposures, etc. yet had the world is freaking out. Jim Walker is especially repugnant.

I'm a pro vaxer and this does not bother me at all. Glad the couple is doing well.

5 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Yup. 310,000,000 fully vax Americans with 10,463 cases of a fully vaxed person contracting Covid. That's a rate of 0.000033%.

Oh gosh, where to begin.  First of all, not NEARLY 310,000,000 Americans are fully vaxed.  Second, 10,463 cases out of 310,000,000 people is NOT 0.000033%.

• Like 2

Some had asked and I wondered as well.  Didn't reread all this but I just read that the cruise was 100%vaccinated and all had test within 72 hrs. of sailing.  These 2 were in the 72 hr prior to leaving for home retest to leave the ship and go home.

2 hours ago, Catnip said:

I can't believe you are serious.  You expect every person in the country to be vaxx because you are scared? 🙄    Do you think every person you see in your everyday life has been vaxx?  At a restaurant/dept or grocery store/church/work/out on the streets?   Just wow.  😮
Perhaps you should stay isolated at home with other vaxx family members & friends , or in some other kind of quarantined bubble?   And I assume you know that vaxx people can get covid (since you are on this thread & heard about the Celebrity passengers)?
I would hate to be filled with such fear as you seem to be.    Yikes.

Please don’t keep trotting out that same old tired rebuttal. 

Everybody is not shrinking in terror behind closed doors. Some are reluctant to cruise again until the remaining issues are resolved. Those concerns have already been expressed. No need to portray people as something they are not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Thank you, thought read this last month for Celebrity and Royal

If there are more outbreaks, I don’t see celebrity and/or Royal footing the bill for a quarantine stay. I see that disclaimer abruptly being pulled. 

3 minutes ago, Babr said:

Everybody is not shrinking in terror behind closed doors. Some are reluctant to cruise again until the remaining issues are resolved. Those concerns have already been expressed. No need to portray people as something they are not.

Agreed.  People don't seem to realize that there are certain fundamental differences between cruising and going to the grocery store, eating at a restaurant, flying on an airplane, etc., when it comes to the potential impact of people having Covid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jerseygirl3 said:

If there are more outbreaks, I don’t see celebrity and/or Royal footing the bill for a quarantine stay. I see that disclaimer abruptly being pulled. 

I don't see it either.  In the story for the nurse getting stuck in Mexico, she stated that she had purchased some type of insurance for the 14 day quarantine.  I don't know anything else about it aside  from that.  

3 minutes ago, Babr said:

Exactly. I’m not afraid of dying from the virus. I’m afraid that the thousands of dollars I spent on a vacation could be wasted by an outbreak. I will have no way of knowing if I am on a shore excursion or sat next to someone in a bar who is unvaccinated and contracts the virus. And contact tracing in this case is crazy. Those 2 who tested positive I’m sure came in contact with many others than the one other person whose been made to quarantine. 

• Like 1

Just now, jerseygirl3 said:

I think I’ve already seen that in the fine print. There is a time limit for bookings. After that, it will be the passenger’s responsibility. It is not likely that all travel insurance policies will cover it either. Insurance companies are aware of the risk and will not be willing to cover that except as a more costly add-on.

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

So the 2 out of X number of passengers tested positive, but they were allowed to go on an excursion?  Seems fishy, if it took that long for tests to come back. If the reporters were vaccinated why were they also quarantined? 

Methinks we don have all the juicy info yet.

The tests were done yesterday AFTER the shore excursion occurred, which was a couple days prior. The test had to be done to reenter SXM and the US. 

With all this going on although not what many may want to hear , may be better to wait and see and go with all this settles.  It's news all over that the 2 on a cruise ship are positive.  Like it's the end of the world. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Exactly. I’m not afraid of dying from the virus. I’m afraid that the thousands of dollars I spent on a vacation could be wasted by an outbreak. I will have no way of knowing if I am on a shore excursion or sat next to someone in a bar who is unvaccinated and contracts the virus. And contact tracing in this case is crazy. Those 2 who tested positive I’m sure came in contact with many others than the one other person whose been made to quarantine. 

There were numerous close contacts that were with them on a shore excursion a couple of days earlier, as well as some crew. All were quarantined.  

3 hours ago, Nessa1dc said:

I'm not an alarmist...I have lost 3 family members to the Virus.  I said what I said....and meant it.  You are welcomed to your POV....as am I.  I just gave it.

Some people are getting it that have been vaccinated but has anyone been seriously ill or died if they have been vaccinated.  Does anyone thinks that this is going to be 100% gone out of our lives?  We just have to go on living and doing the best that we can.

7 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Exactly and we will never really know.  I don't even know where my family members were exposed back in Nov.  Didn't really go many places etc.  But 1 got it fairly serious.  Me nothing and would have never been tested if not in close contact (live together)