2 Test Positive

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

ICUs aren't supposed to be empty. And yes ,many of the people in the hospital "with covid" wouldn't have been in "with covid" as they'd just be in for whatever run of the mill disease that was really causing their problems

Agree. Many ICU's typically run high as 75 percent Full even w/o Covid, some even higher. My Dad's Cousin had Heart Attack, in ICU and test came up Positive for Covid after her Death. This 2 weeks ago, she had no symptoms. I was her Ring Bearer at 5yrs old, was like my Big Sister

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2021 at 2:21 PM, CRZAHOLIC said:

Some people are getting it that have been vaccinated but has anyone been seriously ill or died if they have been vaccinated.  Does anyone thinks that this is going to be 100% gone out of our lives?  We just have to go on living and doing the best that we can.

You can definitely still get infected if you have been vaccinated, but more unlikely that you will become seriously ill, which is why I won't be sailing with the unvaccinated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2021 at 9:42 AM, ssb said:

They are in you’re community also . Don’t go outside in the world then . The only two were traveling mates together in same cabin . No others have it  . Sounds suspicious to me about validity of vaccinations. 

quite nasty you are.  you are not worth the discussion.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2021 at 3:55 PM, RFerrington said:

I thought they determined that the 2 cases on Millie were false positives ?

The PCR tests were positive after the initial rapid tests were positive. Then the pair were transported by the ship to quarantine in a hotel. This is what I read. If what I read is true, then the two were definitely positive.

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2021 at 10:04 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

The PCR test came back negative for both. 
you won’t find it talked about in any MSM however. 

That seems very odd that they both had false positives then both negative PCR tests. The only two false positives on the ship and they were rooming together. Hmmm.

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2021 at 4:58 PM, rtazz17 said:

Nah,the infection rate across america is about 1% or less and that means the virus is having less and less hosts to cling onto to. …Once you have that 60% vaccinated plus people that have had covid its extremely unlikely to catch covid. There wont be any big outbreaks on the ships. Nearly impossible.

Is your assumption that passengers will only  be from the USA? Not likely. 

Edited by BSocial
Edites

3 hours ago, cruise77 said:

Does anyone think its strange, that two fully vaccinated people in the same cabin,  even if break through,  would get covid.  

No. In fact I would think it strange if two people traveling and living together in the confines of a cabin did not have similar test results.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 2:58 PM, rtazz17 said:

Nah,the infection rate across america is about 1% or less and that means the virus is having less and less hosts to cling onto to. There is a point that when most people are vaccinated there wont be very many unvaccinated getting covid or any virus for that matter. Thats why herd immunity is always taked about. Once you have that 60% vaccinated plus people that have had covid its extremely unlikely to catch covid. There wont be any big outbreaks on the ships. Nearly impossible.

I don't know where you picked up that 1%, or less, number but here in AZ it's been between 5-6 percent for the last couple of months. Nearly impossible doesn't mean it won't happen, time will tell.

3 hours ago, UhOhQuarantined said:

Why even resort to this? If unvaccinated people already feel safe enough to go on a cruise for several days with a high chance of contracting a virus that does not always show symptoms, why quarantine, sorry "isolate" vaccinated passengers after they spend at least 15 mins within 6 ft of an infected person?

Not all countries (and islands) have the same policies. Some of them might require you to stay in quarantine or until you get a negative test. RCL also risks not being allowed to dock by local authorities if there are known infected on-board. In this case RCL bears the most (economic) risk, so instead of jeopardize the whole trip/ship, leaving the infected (and family) behind and refunding expenses is far cheaper for them.