HOLLAND AMERICA LINE CRUISE CONTRACT

rucrazy

10 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

In the past as you know no-one paid attention to check in times .. how strict will they be moving forward?

I have been told from a few sources that the check in times are most definitely going to be very strict and that they will turn you away if you arrive too early. Of course being late is going to be as bad as long as you check in by the last time they require.

Some people drive to the port or have very early flights the day of the cruise. I would hope HAL is coordinating flight arrivals with check in.

For Tom and I we were originally going to fly in the day of the cruise for this July 24th and decided we wanted to be safe with the way flights have been recently so we ended up booking through HAL the hotel with the Sheraton Downtown Seattle. HAL will pick us up at the airport on Friday take us to the hotel, then on the day of the cruise will take us to Smith Cove Terminal. I am also guessing at this point that everyone staying at the hotel will most likely have the same check in time assigned.

The other thing that since this is the very first sailing, HAL is not disembarking passengers you might think that they would start the boarding process earlier. Some how I have my doubts but we shall see.  

38 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

We hope all will be clear for our Feb 2 ,2022 Hawaii Cruise  .This looks complicated right now since all this is new 

It's not really complicated.  After doing the "normal" of "Check-in" process it goes to the Contract Section.  I read it and signed it last night but as Lisa mentioned couldn't access the Medical part.  I don't normally do Check-in until a week or so before but this time curious because of the assigned Boarding Time and any new procedures.

I think because this is the first Cruise to Sail that once they get it set-up it will be fine for Cruises after our July 24th one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I have been told from a few sources that the check in times are most definitely going to be very strict and that they will turn you away if you arrive too early. Of course being late is going to be as bad as long as you check in by the last time they require.

Some people drive to the port or have very early flights the day of the cruise. I would hope HAL is coordinating flight arrivals with check in.

For Tom and I we were originally going to fly in the day of the cruise for this July 24th and decided we wanted to be safe with the way flights have been recently so we ended up booking through HAL the hotel with the Sheraton Downtown Seattle. HAL will pick us up at the airport on Friday take us to the hotel, then on the day of the cruise will take us to Smith Cove Terminal. I am also guessing at this point that everyone staying at the hotel will most likely have the same check in time assigned.

The other thing that since this is the very first sailing, HAL is not disembarking passengers you might think that they would start the boarding process earlier. Some how I have my doubts but we shall see.  

About check in times  being strict .imo that is going to be a problem  as arrivals in airports ,de;ays in airports even  delays in getting to the port via  uber /lyft 

1 hour ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

They are going to try.

It seems to me that they can have check in times but turning people away as someone said earlier,would cause nothing but hard feelings . Thus ,imo ,it is a simple solution . Those who come early sit in a designated area awaiting their turn  .

Long term doing this  could cause loss of business imo

40 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

I was able to complete our check-in! I am happy..:)

Was this for our South Pacific cruise in the fall of next year?  I'm still not able to complete the check-in for our cruise fall of this year!  So much for date of cruise order.  Still just getting this:

"Please note the terms and conditions for your upcoming sailing are in the process of being updated to reflect information you need to be aware of due to COVID-19 procedures and protocols."

• Like 1

Early on imo will be hit & miss since it is only mortals who do the work  .Trial & error is the norm in the early stages for this start up . Thus ,we should give some slack here 

Edited by mcrcruiser

15 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Still just getting this:

"Please note the terms and conditions for your upcoming sailing are in the process of being updated to reflect information you need to be aware of due to COVID-19 procedures and protocols."

I was surprised to see our 45 night adventure before earlier embarkations...but it was there this afternoon! But still can't use the Navigator.. but still..

Edited by rucrazy
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

It seems to me that they can have check in times but turning people away as someone said earlier,would cause nothing but hard feelings . Thus ,imo ,it is a simple solution . Those who come early sit in a designated area awaiting their turn  .

Long term doing this  could cause loss of business imo

I think we should see how this actually goes on  7/24 and 7/31 before jumping to conclusions on how we think it may go.  They know people are flying and driving in from all over.  They must be factoring all of this in because even a transfer or Taxi from Airport/Hotel, etc. can get delayed in traffic, etc.  

Also, want to add that all of us going on the first Cruise (especially) have to be prepared to just go with the flow or they shouldn't be going!  

Edited by idiebabe
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

I'm still not able to complete the check-in for our cruise fall of this year!  So much for date of cruise order. 

I expect you're loading a cached page - clear that and you hopefully should be good to go ? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

I think we should see how this actually goes on  7/24 and 7/31 before jumping to conclusions on how we think it may go.  They know people are flying and driving in from all over.  They must be factoring all of this in because even a transfer or Taxi from Airport/Hotel, etc. can get delayed in traffic, etc.  

Also, want to add that all of us going on the first Cruise (especially) have to be prepared to just go with the flow or they shouldn't be going!  

For sure it is going to be interesting .We are not on that cruise , our cruise is not until Feb 2,2022 Hawaii from our home port of San Diego  .Me thinks that all the wrinkles should be gone by then (We Hope ):classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

These are on a Saturday. Sure it is Seattle, but not as bad as a weekday. We are driving in from Portland, expect to arrive around noon, park at seattle  cruie parking for the week...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, YXU AC*SE said:

I expect you're loading a cached page - clear that and you hopefully should be good to go ? 

Thank you, just tried that and still getting the "in process of being updated" message.  I can do everything up to seeing the contract.  When DH gets home I'll ask him to see if it works for him.