Venice IT
Rotterdam

0619Bahamas.thumb.png.dd6bf07ed005360696000e178579b6c6.png

0619Mex.thumb.png.19ecb2fae6d524b8d9b96ed2d4e9a320.png

0619Calif.thumb.png.22d32f365869bcf00425c11499a7c51e.png

0619Europe.thumb.png.4113e0848424aecd51a6b741ac80cd0b.png

• Like 36
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the Saturday Daily, Rich.  Junteenth has been a long time coming, and kissing may still be risky for the unvaccinated.  My aging vocal cords no longer support hollerin'.  I have never been to today's port, and actually never to Croatia.  I love the Plato quote.  I'll take the salad without the dressing, please.  My alternative is Pineapple Boat, Rack of Lamb with with Tomato Couscous, and Garlic Pearls, and Black Forest Cake as served on MS Veendam May 15, 2015.  I did not post it on May 15 because I started the day in the hospital.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews

Crew of Odyssey of the Seas

Garlictown difficult recovery from arm surgery

Colorado wildfires

Strength for St.LouisCruiser reading a passage at Nancy’s funeral (Friday-Sunday)

From the rotation:
Cruising-along’s cousin rejecting a kidney
bennybear’s SIL diagnosed with aggressive cancer awaiting surgery
mamaofami DH Sam in rehab until about 7/4

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers

Jabs for HAL crew at Los Angeles, San Diego and Fort Lauderdale

smitty34877 helping Tana

Sam working hard on his rehab

Surprise second jabs for HorizonChaser1957

St. Pete Cruiser on a road trip

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2

Good Saturday morning. Unique group of days.  Plato quote interesting.  I've never had fried chicken salad, looking forward to Debbie's recipe.  Have not been to today's port, looking forward to the photo's.  I have loved all the photo's that have been shared.  Have traveled around the world without leaving home.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Please continue to stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask if you are comfortable doing that.

Bees Knees:

Ingredients
2 ounces gin
3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 ounce honey syrup
Garnish: lemon twist

Steps
Add gin, lemon juice and honey syrup into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a lemon twist.

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 6.58.31 AM.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Saturday smile 🙂 

Interesting collection of days.  The one I like the best is Juneteenth Day.  A day most worthy of celebrating!

Plato’s quote is a good way to live although I don’t always succeed.

937D8DDC-B089-4B1E-AABE-7D4769C4C207.jpeg.afff955fb9bc1aa08bd2223f8411cd6c.jpeg

Love the meal suggestion but we’ll put it off as we are having fresh lobster tonight.  And, of course, it is due to rain when I need to remove the meat from the shells.  I am sure today’s wine is a good one.  I haven’t met a Rioja I didn’t like yet 😉 

3DA9EA61-3C0D-4A04-8EE3-A2338EF551E2.jpeg.beae5704a00cd483f8feb4b170cc7ab8.jpeg

Isn’t it funny how something you used to do so naturally can get difficult when you get our of practice?  Today was my first Bon Voyage thread in months.  I had joked in the past I might not remember how - well, it wasn’t totally a joke 😂 

I need to get some serious gardening done today.  The weeds are winning the race, it seems. They are about to get a severe reckoning.

E557B7B6-7D59-4427-A5CB-D98B7FEB95DB.thumb.jpeg.092496c5d59cb71724b583e036f14abd.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!!

284A78C2-3424-4A54-81FE-6BFE64154289.thumb.jpeg.8cc17477b98fa3069f96cc300b946f1c.jpeg

Stay safe and don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Love the maps.

Hurray for Juneteenth.  And hurray for kissing my sweetie.

Interesting quote.

The dinner suggestion sounds interesting, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I'd love a Bees Knees.  Hope the wine is good too.

Thanks for the memes @kazu they're great.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 22

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich. I raise my glass to Juneteenth! Long time coming. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! I still have good hollering power, so I will cover for you! Morning Dailyite family. Thinking of you Sandi. And a shout out to Jacqui for not giving up on the Bon Voyage thread! A cloudy start to our morning here. Early Pilates class for me. 

Interesting quote. Meal sounds good. Summer,  I would swap out vodka for the gin, which I guess would make it the Bees’ Elbows. I have seen some beautiful pictures of Croatia, so I am looking forward to see what you all post here. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Muga Rioja Seleccion Especial Reserva

This Rioja has superb ratings and a reasonable price. I used the 2015 vintage since it had the most reviews. Other vintages have similar ratings, but you might need to wait to drink them. Several online distributors offering the 2015 with prices starting at $35.99. But if you are willing to wait, the 2017 vintage is available for $27.99.

Winemaker Notes

A deep, very dense black-cherry color. The nose reveals ripe, red berry fruit aromas together with notes of spices (pepper) and forest floor against a backdrop of coffee variations, such as milk coffee toffee and roasted coffee beans mingling with subtle well-integrated oak. Silky on the palate with tannins showing through, indicating the wine’s youth and good aging potential and providing an elegant and balanced structure.

JS96 James Suckling: The balance and purity to this wine is really impressive with blackberries, black truffles and dark fruit. Wet earth. Full body. Tight and compact. Structured, long and powerful. Superb length. Compressed and polished texture. Drink in 2022.

WS93 Wine Spectator: Velvety yet vivacious, this red has a lovely texture. Expressive flavors of maraschino cherry, red currant, orange peel, clove and vanilla are supported by round tannins and citrusy acidity. Fresh and focused, in the traditional style. Drink now through 2030.

WW92 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com:The 2015 Muga Selección Especial is a classic example of a high-end Rioja. TASTING NOTES: This wine packs plenty of primary fruit in its aromas and flavors. A hint of savory spices joins in at the end, making it an excellent pairing with highly-seasoned, grilled pork ribs.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2

We were in Koper Slovenia in Oct 2017 on the Westerdam.  We took a walk around the town. I did not take too many pictures but it will give you an idea of the town.  

The musicians on the dock were very good.  The last picture is from the sail away.

P1020593.JPG

P1020594.JPG

P1020595.JPG

P1020597.JPG

P1020600.JPG

P1020603.JPG

P1020604.JPG

P1020606.JPG

P1020607.JPG

P1020608.JPG

P1020611.JPG

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the today's daily and the care list .

It is 68°F and sunny.

Kissing day and hugging is a description of Pauline and me.

Croatia is a lovely place.

We have been to Split and Dubrovnik on cruises but not today's port.

Take care and have a nice day everyone.

We went back to Harrogate today and called back to the Fat Badger pub at the White Hart Hotel for lunch.

Graham.

IMG_20210619_123552.jpg

IMG_20210619_123526.jpg

IMG_20210619_122649.jpg

IMG_20210619_131743.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 32

Good morning, everyone!   

I slept in this morning.   It is cloudy now and we're supposed to get rain and thunder bumpers today.  There's nothing to holler about here and no one to kiss, so I will give Juneteenth my total attention today.  

Today's meal could be thought of in two different ways.   First is a traditional salad with fried chicken on it.  I used to make that with a green onion dressing - a Paul Prudhomme recipe - and it was good!  The other way is a chicken salad for a sandwich.

The first way:   https://www.theharvestkitchen.com/fried-chicken-chopped-salad/

fried-chicken-salad-ingredients-650x975.thumb.jpg.bb184268b17db6ee654e1a9f3df4c5a6.jpg

And chicken salad sandwiches:   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/damaris-phillips/fried-chicken-salad-sandwiches-2420714

254423193_friedchickensaladsandwiches.jpeg.1828e67c42ecc1339730b9d2658511b7.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for the today's daily and the care list .

It is 68°F and sunny.

Kissing day and hugging is a description of Pauline and me.

Croatia is a lovely place.

We have been to Split and Dubrovnik on cruises but not today's port.

Take care and have a nice day everyone.

We went back to Harrogate today and called back to the Fat Badger pub at the White Hart Hotel for lunch.

Graham.

IMG_20210619_123552.jpg

IMG_20210619_123526.jpg

IMG_20210619_122649.jpg

Graham, just love the pics of you and Pauline. Very special. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

This evening the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra will be celebrating the tenure of Marin Alsop with a Gala concert at 8:30 eastern time.  There will not be a live audience but it will be broadcast on Maryland Public Television and I will "be there".  Should anyone be interested it will also be livestreamed on their website:

https://www.bsomusic.org/galalivestream

Roy

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Dailyites and thanks for today’s list Roy.  Thanks also to Roy for keeping us informed with the lists. Many folks had yesterday off from work in honor of Juneteenth.  Kissing and hollering sometimes go hand in hand. The meal suggestion sounds very nice but we’re going out to dinner with a friend this evening.  Maybe when he arrives here for cocktails I’ll serve bees knees.  I’m not sure that I agree with Plato’s quote, I’d rather not think that an audience was watching my every move, they’d be quite disappointed and want their money back! Prayers for everyone in need and a nod to all celebrating events today!

• Like 25

Good Morning.Thanks for the daily, Rich. Juneteenth has been a long time coming - a true celebration of freedom. I've  come to learn that shouting and kissing have an inverse relationship. The more one shouts, the less the probability of a kiss. LOL.

Both the fried chicked salad and the lamb sound great. Stay safe everyone.

Jim

• Like 20

21 minutes ago, summer slope said:

I'm laughing at myself.  When I read the meal of the day I thought of Chicken Salad fried.  Too early and not enough coffee!!  🤣

A Nova Scotian friend has told me about her thrifty grandmother's famous (or infamous) fried salad. I have the impression that it was just salad that had wilted on its own, thrown into a frying pan and heated so that it looked intentional.

• Like 10
  • Haha 5

Good morning all. We have been to koper Slovenia. It was the starting point for an Adriatic cruise on the ms arion with rivages du Monde. We had two days in Venice pre cruise but my pictures from there are all pre digital and the same as every one posted! 

rain and storms in our forecast today. Everyone stay safe.

D29FE5B3-B792-4AFE-BE39-7303CD59420E.jpeg

• Like 24

Good Morning from another warm and overcast day at the beach.

It is really humid already today.  Juneteenth is to be celebrated.  I have not been to todays port. But I really enjoy the pictures  of others.

Our dinner today is pizza. It has been a crazy week so I am giving myself the day off.  

Nice to see a " Bon Voyage" thread. Hopefully more of us will be on it soon. Although there is a lot of confusion as to what is required for cruising. Guess I am glad my trip is not for awhile yet so things can get ironed out.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 21