Is Princess Planning to Sell the Coral Princess?

ReligBookFreak

2 hours ago, ReligBookFreak said:

Is Princess Planning to Sell the Coral Princess?

Alan

Where did you hear that Alan?  She is scheduled to arrive in this Region in October, but the Transpacific repositioning cruise bringing her here, LA to Sydney is cancelled.   The Australian Govt keep pushing the border closures further back, now looking at mid 2022.

Coral is a Medallion Class Ship. It also fits through the old locks in the Panama Canal. Why in the world would they be selling it? Seems an odd question to ask.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We hope this isn’t true.  She’s our favorite Princess ship.  We’ve sailed on the Princess to Alaska and also  through the Panama Canal.  If it weren’t for the pandemic we would have been aboard her in March on a Antarctica/South America cruise.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Wow, this thread already sounds like the Ocean Princess and Pacific Princess sale threads. Of course I'm forgetting the other R-class ship they sold - was it the old Royal Princess?

It was the second Royal Princess. The original Royal left the fleet in 2005. The R-class Royal left the fleet in 2011. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

"If" they were to sell one of the two sister ships, it should be the Island that goes first....

Absolutely, that mutilated misfit should have gone ahead of the Pacific, Star, and Golden IMO. Anyone who sailed on the Island before the frankensteinian redo compared to after/now, will understand what I mean.

Edited by srpilo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, srpilo said:
19 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

"If" they were to sell one of the two sister ships, it should be the Island that goes first....

Absolutely, that mutilated misfit should have gone ahead of the Pacific, Star, and Golden IMO. Anyone who sailed on the Island before the frankensteinian redo compared to after/now, will understand what I mean.

Star & Golden weren't "sold" by Carnival Corp, they were transferred to another line in the fleet that dumped older ships. 

The 19th ship in the fleet is now sold: 1996 built AIDAcara is gone. Actually trimming AIDA line by 2 as their new build will be sailing as a Carnival Cruise Ship as will the Costa Magica. Guess that's to make up for scrapping 4 old ones without ordering more new builds than already under contract. Gotta make up for 17 months of lost revenue / 5-6 months of reduced revenue

Loved the Coral on our South America / Antartica cruise (January-February 2020); she was perfect for that trip.

We won't sail any bigger.  If the mass market lines keep dumping their smaller ships; we'll have to head over to the smaller more upscale (more expensive) lines.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vakamalua said:

Loved the Coral on our South America / Antartica cruise (January-February 2020); she was perfect for that trip.

We won't sail any bigger.  If the mass market lines keep dumping their smaller ships; we'll have to head over to the smaller more upscale (more expensive) lines.

All eight of the original Renaissance Cruise line ships are now with Oceania and Azamara.

Alan

• Like 1

Why would anybody get the idea that Coral was to be sold? That would leave Island Princess (uggh) as the only Princess ship that can fit through the old locks of the Panama Canal. I just can't see it myself. I always wonder where this kind of rumor comes from.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Why would anybody get the idea that Coral was to be sold? That would leave Island Princess (uggh) as the only Princess ship that can fit through the old locks of the Panama Canal. I just can't see it myself. I always wonder where this kind of rumor comes from.

I agree Thrak - where do these rumors come from? At least the rumors of the Ocean Princess and the Pacific Princess being up for sale were based on an ad on some web-site. OP on this thread  didn't give any background. Hmm ... wonder if OP is laughing at all of us right now!

Now that said, yes the Coral Princess is a "favorite" ship but so were the Ocean and the Pacific Princesses. The rumor has some credibility as with some more new-builds coming down the line for Princess, one would expect PCL wouldn't want to get into an excess capacity situation. Also I don't think the Panama Canal rationale is very strong. All the Princess ships can now go through the canal (new locks of course). While the romance of the old locks is certainly a draw, after one or two times it gets routine.

46 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

While the romance of the old locks is certainly a draw, after one or two times it gets routine.

Been through historic and new locks.  I never get tired of the historic locks.  New one....don't need to do that again.

But you and Thrak are correct.  Where's the source of selling the Coral?  This is how rumors get started and out of control.  Princess would be foolish to give up the Coral.  I don't think there is a single passenger who wouldn't vote the Island off first.  

Edited by cr8tiv1

On 6/24/2021 at 2:16 AM, Ombud said:

Star & Golden weren't "sold" by Carnival Corp, they were transferred to another line in the fleet that dumped older ships. 

The 19th ship in the fleet is now sold: 1996 built AIDAcara is gone. Actually trimming AIDA line by 2 as their new build will be sailing as a Carnival Cruise Ship as will the Costa Magica. Guess that's to make up for scrapping 4 old ones without ordering more new builds than already under contract. Gotta make up for 17 months of lost revenue / 5-6 months of reduced revenue

Sorry, if you'd bother to read my post before trying to be the posting police, you'd see the word "SOLD" as you quoted never was mentioned in my post

I assumed a basic understanding that most regular poster's here knew what the word "gone" meant referring to leaving the fleet, but apparently my assumption only applies to those who read first, and then reply to the actual words , not the eager posting police trying  to really show everyone how much cruise information they have, sadly in this case even if the dated information is already known by all... 

Cruise More, & Post Less  or at least read first

Edited by srpilo

On 6/24/2021 at 2:16 AM, Ombud said:

13 minutes ago, srpilo said:

Sorry, if you'd bother to read my post before trying to be the posting police, you'd see the word "SOLD" as you quoted never was mentioned in my post

I assumed a basic understanding that most regular poster's here knew what the word "gone" meant referring to leaving the fleet, but apparently my assumption only applies to those who read first, and then reply to the actual words , not the eager posting police

Sorry. I read "should have gone" as left the fleet. They did not leave the Carnival Corp fleet, they were transferred out of PCL to POAU and stayed within the Carnival Corp fleet

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Sorry. I read "should have gone" as left the fleet. They did not leave the Carnival Corp fleet, they were transferred out of PCL to POAU and stayed within the Carnival Corp fleet

Great retort - You win 🤡

LOL ..We all appreciate your awe inspiring all knowing cruise lectures with your heavy emphasis on old news, and readily available information  , and look forward to more in the future.....

As Princess moves towards the CCL Corp's stated goals of reducing emissions by disposing of the more fuel inefficient ships, then at some future point the older ships will leave the fleet.

At some point all Princess will have are Royal class and larger. Unique itineraries that went to smaller ports will no longer be on Princess. These large ships will mainly go to overcrowded ports in Alaska and Europe and the Caribbean.

• Thanks 1