The Daily for Thursday Jun 24, 2021

richwmn

We visited Red Bay on our VOV cruise on Rotterdam VI, in July, 2016.  I must admit that this is the only port we’ve been that I don’t want to return!  There was not a whole lot to see and do there, though we did have lunch in the restaurant.  I had numerous black fly bites on the back my neck, and fortunately I was able to buy a salve, onboard, to help with the itch.

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I can’t bear the thought of it!

My op was done under local anesthetic and I was aware of everything but never felt a thing.

I was admitted to the eye hospital in the morning but was allowed home by 5pm.

Graham.

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Happy anniversary @kazu Jacqui y Jose.

If you had told me earlier I would have had a glass of wine tonight to celebrate........

OK I did!"!!! 😜

Thanks 👍 

You can’t miss that glass.  I know we are having one tonight 😉 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

@kazu Happy Anniversary to you Jacqui & Jose! If you listen carefully, there will be the clink of wine glasses toasting you (tempranillo) emanating from Virginia in about one hour's time 🥰

We too had plans to celebrate our 30th that were put on hold because of You Know What. We plan to be on a BHB to celebrate that milestone on our 32nd.

• Like 13

34 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Happy Anniversary Jackie and Jose; 

Thanks 👍 

My son is here visiting from Tulsa. I hadn't seen him in almost 2 years because of Covid. Tomorrow we  plan to go to Sedona and stay for a week so I will be reading but not posting.

How lovely.  Enjoy your visit 🙂 

Update re Kakalena:  She has decided to undergo radiation and will be fitted for the bracing and whatever goes along with radiation tomorrow.  She is hopeful that the treatments will begin within the next couple of weeks. 

I am so glad to hear that.  Prayers for her 🙏🏻 

• Like 9

Well it looks like we'll be having the Lemon Garlic Salmon tonight too!  When DH went to Costco (to look at the portable room A/C units) he saw that they had Copper River salmon in!  It goes FAST so we were lucky to get some.

As for the A/C units, he was told they haven't even been shipped here yet (no surprise, as usually it doesn't get this hot for another month if ever).  We may order one to give it a try if he can't find one locally.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, lazey1 said:

Happy Anniversary Jackie and Jose;  Happy Birthday Sharon.

We had a cool day yesterday with a little bit of much needed rain.Today seems like it will be quite hot again. Oh well, that is the trade off for not having cold and snow.

My son is here visiting from Tulsa. I hadn't seen him in almost 2 years because of Covid. Tomorrow we  plan to go to Sedona and stay for a week so I will be reading but not posting.

Update re Kakalena:  She has decided to undergo radiation and will be fitted for the bracing and whatever goes along with radiation tomorrow.  She is hopeful that the treatments will begin within the next couple of weeks. 

Our very best wishes and prayers for Kakalena.

Graham & Pauline x.

• Like 8

Anyone else watch Seth Wayne’s Facebook post today with HAL onboard update ? They still can’t confirm Rotterdam TA , just hopeful for now😀

Also, HAL is hiring online sales reps  depending upon what state you live in you can apply. I bet most of us know more than they do😱

Edited by 1ANGELCAT
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Anyone else watch Seth Wayne’s Facebook post today with HAL onboard update ? They still can’t confirm Rotterdam TA , just hopeful for now😀

Also, HAL is hiring online sales reps  depending upon what state you live in you can apply. I bet most of us know more than they do😱

😊I listen and watch Seth as much as I can! I heard about our cancelled 'Nieuw Statendam'  September cruise on Seth's show before our TA knew anything about it. 😯

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Well it looks like we'll be having the Lemon Garlic Salmon tonight too!  When DH went to Costco (to look at the portable room A/C units) he saw that they had Copper River salmon in!  It goes FAST so we were lucky to get some.

I didn't have the salmon, but made lemon garlic tilapia tonight.  It was so good!   I love lemon and garlic, so this was perfect for me.  

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

You got that right!

Why don’t they bring back the knowledgeable ones they let go?

Oh never mind, that would take common sense and probably a few more $.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, kazu said:

You got that right!

Why don’t they bring back the knowledgeable ones they let go?

Oh never mind, that would take common sense and probably a few more $.

Pennsylvania is one of the states that qualifies. I’m not that desperate and my fur babies object to the professional environment requirement😀

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

We arrived safely in Missouri this afternoon and are settled into the hotel for the next week hopefully (provided the Tigers continue to win, win, win)!  50% chance of rain every day!  😠

Happy Anniversary wishes to you and Jose Jacqui!  Many happy returns!Happy-Anniversary-Wishes.jpg

By the way, your peonies are gorgeous!

• Like 13

@kazu congratulations to you Jacqui and Jose with your , if I can still do the math 26th anniversary !  Happy Anniversary ! 

Hope you don't mind me adding a picture of the happy couple from our days on the Prinsendam . 

Cheers and many , many more ! 

Tony and Martha 

DSCN8878 2.JPG

Edited by sailingdutchy
  • Like 23

47 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We arrived safely in Missouri this afternoon and are settled into the hotel for the next week hopefully (provided the Tigers continue to win, win, win)!  50% chance of rain every day!  😠

Happy Anniversary wishes to you and Jose Jacqui!  Many happy returns!Happy-Anniversary-Wishes.jpg

By the way, your peonies are gorgeous!

Thanks. And thanks on the peonies.  We have a number of bushes so I just cut 😉 

7 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

@kazu congratulations to you Jacqui and Jose with your , if I can still do the math 26th anniversary !  Happy Anniversary ! 

Hope you don't mind me adding a picture of the happy couple from our days on the Prinsendam . 

Cheers and many , many more ! 

Tony and Martha 

DSCN8878 2.JPG

Your math is very good still Tony.  thanks on the good wishes.

Not sure why Jose always looks better than I in pics - I’m just not photogenic and no worries on the pic 😉 

• Like 10

Still struggling with signing in here.  Totally baffled.

But now it's working.  Want to wish Jacqui @kazu a very Happy Anniversary (though you are well into it by now.)  I hope the wine is flowing and the steaks are cooked to a turn. 

Wishing you a lovely evening and send many thanks for the contributions you make to the HAL family.   And... hope to meet you and Jose onboard in Norway.  We signed on for the whole run through UK, too.  Fingers crossed it goes.  It's a beautiful itinerary.

Happy Anniversary!

🍾  🥂  🌺  🌻  🌷

• Like 10

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Not sure why Jose always looks better than I in pics - I’m just not photogenic and no worries on the pic 😉 

Well, Jacqui, I think you are wrong. You make a beautiful couple!!  Happy Anniversary (again)!🥂🍾

• Like 7

Am dragging here tonight. Spent afternoon at shelter dealing with issues from people, not dogs. I don't do that kind of thing as well as I used to. On the plus side we actually had a very light rain last night. Not much but the first in over a month. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be a bit cooler and then they threaten a real temp drop. I will believe it when it happens and the same for the rain. Looking at cruises but so far have not made any deposits. Too much uncertainty in too many places for too many things.

Susan

• Like 8