We'll be back

Copper10-8

This music video production from Nieuw Amsterdam's crew was made on April 22, 2020 at the height of the pandemic. It is entitled "We'll be Back" and was filmed when/while numerous cruise ships from many different cruise lines were "loitering" without pax, but with pretty much full crew at the Great Stirrup Cay anchorage in the Bahamas (as well as at many other anchorages throughout the world)

Via "baby steps," many cruise lines, including HAL and Nieuw Amsterdam effective 24 Jul 21, will be back showing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel we've all been stuck in! 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

We can't wait till we can step onboard once more and enjoy the HAL hospitality.  We've all experienced losses during this pandemic, and the crew of those beautiful Dam ships are no exception.  We have to keep that in mind when we do return to sailing, and treat those taking care of us with extra care, just as they do for us.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

This music video production from Nieuw Amsterdam's crew was made on April 22, 2020 at the height of the pandemic. It is entitled "We'll be Back" and was filmed when/while numerous cruise ships from many different cruise lines were "loitering" without pax, but with pretty much full crew at the Great Stirrup Cay anchorage in the Bahamas (as well as at many other anchorages throughout the world)

Via "baby steps," many cruise lines, including HAL and Nieuw Amsterdam effective 24 Jul 21, will be back showing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel we've all been stuck in! 

Thanks for sharing.  That was wonderful and hopeful!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

An excellent video!  I have seen a few others similar to this one.  My eyes always become moist when I do so.  

What I have experienced during this pandemic--as well as all of us, I suspect--is like the loss of a much loved relative or friend. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, idiebabe said:

Love this Video and can’t wait until we step Onboard the beautiful Nieuw Amsterdam on July 24th and see her wonderful, amazing Crew and Staff!

We'll be two cruises behind you! Keep her in ship shape for us please 😉 

• Like 3

Thank you Copper10-8, this was lovely!

DH and I were talking about this at length today. I really think those in the "entertainment" industry have been the hardest hit by COVID. Whether it be restaurants, movies, Television, Broadway, or cruising..... careers based solely on "human gratification" have been dealt the harshest blow I believe.

We have two cruises booked for early 2022. I'm pretty sure I'll burst into tears greeting the wonderful Holland America staff members. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

We'll be two cruises behind you! Keep her in ship shape for us please 😉 

Will try!  😂   Exciting!  Have a great Cruise!  Will feel so great to finally be back on a Dam Ship!  😀❤️😀

• Like 2

I remember seeing this, and never in a million years did I think that it would be well over a year before she sailed with passengers. I wonder how those staff members that were in this video are doing?

L.

• Like 1

After 11 cancellations (and I expect my highly-anticipated OZ/NZ Feb sailings will also be cancelled), I cannot wait to sail.  I have Eurodam in November and NA in December.

Thanks for sharing this.  I confess I teared up.  Can't wait to see all those smiling faces!

• Like 3

I remember seeing this video months ago. It is still wonderful to watch.

Like so many here on the boards, we've experienced multiple cancellations throughout the pandemic. However, we've had the good to fortune to retain our health and look forward to boarding NA in 329 days.

• Like 3

I remember watching this video last year and was so impressed and it brought tears to my eyes. 15 months later we do have hope we will be back, back, back. Dec. 1, 2021 is our first first cruise back, 11 days on the beautiful new Rotterdam - can't wait!! 5 more cruises booked after that in 2022.

• Like 1

Thanks to another poster, found this video of good ole' Maasie (Maasdam) from a Deck officer's perspective with some views of the forward mooring deck and the big mooring line winches, what an anchor drop looks like from one of the two dive boards (the left or port one), her zodiacs, bridge views in normal and "red" (nighttime) lighting, port calls in Asia and Alaska, some interesting weather shot from her bridge, etc.

I will not miss the oh dark thirty wake up calls from the bridge 😉 All the way at the end of this video is a pretty cool low level fly-by of Maasdam by a Royal Canadian Air Force Lockheed CP-140 Aurora (the Canuck version of the P-3C Orion) from 19 Wing, No. 407 Maritime Patrol Squadron, Canadian Forces Base Comox on big Vancouver Island. We all know that Maasdam will not be back with HAL but she was a very nice ship for those of us who knew her (my first contract was on her back in Nov 2010)

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Thanks to another poster, found this video of good ole' Maasie (Maasdam) from a Deck officer's perspective with some views of the forward mooring deck and the big mooring line winches, what an anchor drop looks like from one of the two dive boards (the left or port one), her zodiacs, bridge views in normal and "red" (nighttime) lighting, port calls in Asia and Alaska, some interesting weather shot from her bridge, etc.

I will not miss the oh dark thirty wake up calls from the bridge 😉 All the way at the end of this video is a pretty cool low level fly-by of Maasdam by a Royal Canadian Air Force Lockheed CP-140 Aurora (the Canuck version of the P-3C Orion) from 19 Wing, No. 407 Maritime Patrol Squadron, Canadian Forces Base Comox on big Vancouver Island. We all know that Maasdam will not be back with HAL but she was a very nice ship for those of us who knew her (my first contract was on her back in Nov 2010)

Well that was fabulous....and the Aurora flyby was one of our guys! I live in the Comox Valley, home of 19 Wing Comox and the Auroras.

L.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, leerathje said:

Well that was fabulous....and the Aurora flyby was one of our guys! I live in the Comox Valley, home of 19 Wing Comox and the Auroras.

L.

Had the opportunity to participate as onboard Rescue Team commander in a medevac from Oosterdam off Brooks Peninsula, performed by 442 Transport and Rescue Squadron, also from Comox. Those SAR Techs are awesome! Enjoy your weekend on beautiful Vancouver Island!

Peter MacKay takes long rescue flight back to Nova Scotia - The Beaverton

• Like 6

Cruising from Florida is back.  I hope you did not miss the sailing of Celebrity Edge within the last hour with all of the toots from her and from Celebrity Equinox in port.  The VHF conversation before sailing between Captain Kate of the Edge and the Master of the Equinox was encouraging.  

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 4:43 PM, Copper10-8 said:

John:  I loved it!

• Like 1