No more free internet for platinum & elite

6 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

After completion of how many cruises does Princess give loyalty OBC?  How much is the credit?

Thank you. 

Well it doesn't exist anymore but it used to start at 21 cruises -> 25 OBC, 50 OBC / 75 OBC / 100 OBC at 10 cruise increments. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2021 at 5:22 AM, dickinson said:

We are disappointed also.  It was our most valuable perk.

My most valuable perk was the Loyalty OBC but thats gone today too. I've lost my 2 best perks in 2 days. What's tomorrow be?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2021 at 5:08 AM, Ombud said:

Although I'm disappointed there are work-arounds. As suggested on another thread, I have free internet off the ship. I could unplug. I could buy it at 1/2 price. Or since I log on / download emails / log off / answer emails / log on for 1 minute to auto send / log off = 2 minutes × 7 day cruise = negligible cost. Nah .... I'll just unplug and relax. 

That said, I'm disappointed that most elite benefits are discounts off something. 

Yes, it is disappointing.  I’m also VERY disappointed that the Loyalty Onboard Credit has been canceled! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dog said:

And I just replied to this email letting them know how disappointing this is. 

Replied to whom?

A reply to the sender of the E-mail from Princess may be to an unmonitored address.

4 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

You probably aren't receiving the loyalty credit yet so your letter is different than ours(we had been getting the credit)

That's what is strange, I have been getting it. But no more. Mentally I just figured I'd allocate that to cover losing internet minutes

46 minutes ago, Ombud said:

That's what I got too. No mention that Loyalty OBC based on number of cruises is gone.

It's in there:

We'll no longer offer onboard credit based on the number of cruises taken. What hasn't changed is our commitment to earning your loyalty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, caribill said:

It's in there:

We'll no longer offer onboard credit based on the number of cruises taken. What hasn't changed is our commitment to earning your loyalty.

Different emails are going to different people.  Mine didn't have that wording in it. 

How can Princess possibly think there is a "commitment to earning your loyalty" when they are taking away our hard and expensively earned perks?  Most of us got to elite status the hard way by completing at least 150 days at sea.  Yeah there were some that got it by 15 very short cruises, but they were in limited parts of the country and certainly in the minority.

• Like 2

Nice work Princess. Guess you can care less about your loyal cruisers. Take away a useful benefit which we never get to use up (who stays on the internet all day on vacation?) and give us instead 10% discounts on services that are way overpriced. 

2 minutes ago, TM said:

How can Princess possibly think there is a "commitment to earning your loyalty" when they are taking away our hard and expensively earned perks?  Most of us got to elite status the hard way by completing at least 150 days at sea.  Yeah there were some that got it by 15 very short cruises, but they were in limited parts of the country and certainly in the minority.

IDK the numbers anymore than you do, but I do know a lot of west-coasters took those 1-night SEA-VAN or VAN-SEA to bump status.  And several years back, Princess offered a lot of 3- and 4-night voyages out of PE and people piled into those to bump status.  So, there was a big swell in number of Elites.

18 minutes ago, caribill said:

It's in there:

It’s amazing how “quiet” that little sentence is, after all of the “wonderful” benefits are noted.  

10 minutes ago, jeeper2 said:

It’s amazing how “quiet” that little sentence is, after all of the “wonderful” benefits are noted.  

We have 2 PCL cruises on the books for the rest of this year.  They just jumped in price $170 each.  Lost $100 in OBC and will have to pay $70 (I think) for 50% off 2 WiFi pkgs (if not more). 

May be the end of our Princess cruising just on principle alone.  We have 57 (will be 59) Princess cruises, but since they don't value us, we can certainly look elsewhere.  Nothing about this says "we value your business" anymore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ombud said:

My most valuable perk was the Loyalty OBC but thats gone today too. I've lost my 2 best perks in 2 days. What's tomorrow be?

My guess:

Tomorrow:  Only one OBC between CCL and military.

Friday: Non-refundable FCDs. 

Next week: Limited laundry. 
Next month: Elimination of minibar (since so many guests are choosing Princess Plus). 

it’s just a matter of time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, caribill said:

It's in there:

Well that stinks.  I think I am one or two cruises away.  I even mentioned it to my CVP then I had something to look forward to benefit wise.  I haven’t received an email yet.

I received a call from a Princess customer service rep in response to my email expressing my disappointment over the changes to the Captain’s Circle benefits.

• Internet: The reason given for eliminating all minute based plans was due to the problems created when accidentally remaining logged in & needing to have the Internet manager correct the problem. The unlimited internet plan will cost $9.99 in advance & $14.99 onboard. A 50% discount is added to your folio as a non-refundable OBC because it’s a Captain’s Circle benefit.
  • Priority Boarding: There are no plans to inform Elite passengers about when Arrival Group times are available. They plan to have Priority Boarding within each Arrival Group time. I explained that by not allowing Elites to be first to board if desired that’s another lost benefit but nothing is planned to change.

I wish that I knew about terminating the Elite Loyalty OBC benefit so I could have expressed my unhappiness. She was very pleasant & said she’d pass on my concerns.

Apparently Princess is proud of their changes but losing 3 benefits (internet minutes, priority boarding, Loyalty OBC) isn’t a way to welcome back loyal Princess passengers to cruising by downgrading Captain’s Circle benefits.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RRFan said:

We have 2 PCL cruises on the books for the rest of this year.  They just jumped in price $170 each.  Lost $100 in OBC and will have to pay $70 (I think) for 50% off 2 WiFi pkgs (if not more). 

May be the end of our Princess cruising just on principle alone.  We have 57 (will be 59) Princess cruises, but since they don't value us, we can certainly look elsewhere.  Nothing about this says "we value your business" anymore.

Well you will certainly be valued by other cruise lines, especially the ones where you haven't sailed on before and haven't built up any perks.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Next month: Elimination of minibar (since so many guests are choosing Princess Plus).

IDK about next month, but I could see them considering this one.  Perhaps they are thinking, the free drinks is a loss-leader and once gone folks will order more.  If not there at all, maybe don't miss what you don't have. 

Hard to tell if Saver fares will be phased out, but I do realize they push the PLUS and more and more people seem to take it. 

I also don't think Princess is going to do us death by a thousand cuts.  I think this re-vamp announcement will be it for the time being.  (But you were no doubt being funny in a wry way with it, so there's that).

• Like 1