Cruise Check In

Thanks to everyone for all of the information.

I downloaded the app and signed in. It is 96 days to the cruise, the basic cruise details are there however I do not see an option or selection in the app for check in.  Where in the app do those options appear when check in is available? 

On 7/3/2021 at 1:52 PM, karena1 said:

We are on Adventure August 14th. Totally checked in on my laptop and now see it in the app.  Cannot do the health thing yet, but everything else is done

I'm booked on Allure on August 15th.  I'm still not able to check in.

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2021 at 9:27 AM, bmblob said:

Is the original vaccination card needed?  Can a photo of it on your phone be sufficient?  Or should one print out the immunization record from their physician's office or medical records?

They covered this in their webinar last week - Original vaccination card is required

On 7/3/2021 at 6:59 PM, PTAngel said:

My question is how do I download the app?  I am assuming I can find it in the app store.

There are a couple of Apps - the one they are using is titled "Royal Caribbean International" in the App Store.    

They are strongly encouraging guests to use it...   it has the check-in, but it's also where they will push out notifications and the health questionnaire and safety briefing (fka muster) will be done through it.

On 7/3/2021 at 11:09 AM, davekathy said:

We went out to eat last night and our server handed us a QR code menu

My samsung phone is less than 3 years old. It does not have a QR reader. I have new S20 FE's to put in service so it should not be a problem going forward. However I guess I should find a QR reader app for old phone, can use it onboard without a sim chip on wifi..no risk of airplane mode coming off. 

On 7/3/2021 at 10:52 AM, BND said:

Someone always says that, but in reality, how many people are we talking about like that, that cruise?  My parents are 83 and have both.  My MIL, on the other hand doesn't, but she's too disabled to even think about cruising.  I can't think of anyone else I know that doesn't have either or both.  

my parents are 70 and 73, and while they do have smart phones, they use them only as regular phones and can use them to Skype/Viber. Even if they were savvy enough to download RCI or Princess app and check themselves in, they can't because their English is very limited. I even check them in for flights.

On 7/3/2021 at 6:57 PM, Etta1213 said:

We also still pay for a landline and use an answering machine. Neither one of us wants to let go of that tel number since we've had it for three decades.

Switch to a VOIP company.  Runs around $12/month and a small box attaches to your house line and answering machine (and internet).  1voip.com is our company.  Saved a ton of money over Verizon for us.

• Like 1

If royal are happy to go down the road of everything done in applications they must have done their homework and expect lots seniors who will not go down that pathway and will find other ways of spending their hard earned dollars 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Same for Allure on August 22.  I have heard one month ahead but maybe 2-3 weeks ahead.  

I spoke with a RC person yesterday and asked when check-in would be available for my August 21/21 cruise and she told me they were opening up check-in ONE ship at a time. So hopefully ours will be opening soon. Waiting patiently. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 10:28 AM, island lady said:

Reminds me of the last night we spent in CA a few weeks ago.   The Hilton Hotel we were staying at the night before sent me an email that I had to check in on the app to get the "key" to our room door.  The app would not download and was very frustrating.  I finally just called the hotel and she told me it was not needed...they were just checking guests in as usual at the front desk.  

Ugghh...not happy with forced app check ins.  I have always done my check in on the laptop, and hope I can still do so, then print set sail pass.  

Sorry, you misunderstood the email.  The Hilton App, like many apps are designed to simplify your life.  The app, you can check in, and order a 'digital key' which is your smart phone to open doors and allow you to select your room....which many people like.  It' never required at Hilton and you can also get extra keys at the desk.  You can also check out on the app w/o having to wait in line at the desk.  By the way, it takes like 10 seconds to check in at Hilton on the app. 

The RCCL app is the same thing.  It cuts down on the wait time in lines by doing everything at home.  You aren't forced to do it, but the majority of people that do it, breeze through check in's. Now you watch the muster drill on your app, fill in the forms, make dinner reservations, show reservations all from the comfort of your pool deck chair while sipping a pina colada.  I pretty much like that idea over waiting in lines, packed like sardines for the muster, and running around the ship to make reservations

5 hours ago, bourbon52 said:

I spoke with a RC person yesterday and asked when check-in would be available for my August 21/21 cruise and she told me they were opening up check-in ONE ship at a time. So hopefully ours will be opening soon. Waiting patiently. 

Thanks for the update.  I guess they will get to Allure soon as her first revenue cruise is 8-8-2021.

On 7/4/2021 at 9:45 AM, Russ Lomas said:

As a Canadian from Ontario, we do not receive "originals".  After each vaccination we are issued and email with a PDF containing all the information from our vaccinations.  RCCL will have to take this into account because all I have is a print off from my printer of that PDF and that copy of the email.  No card or other proof is ever given to us.

This is what NB is doing.  8.5x11 sheet that we had to bring to both appts.  I guess we will be bringing these with us next month.  I went to the Dollarama and bought a plastic document sleeve to protect them. 😂

6C00BE27-61FC-4AF5-83EF-4F6C134D8CAA.jpeg

22 hours ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

This is what NB is doing.  8.5x11 sheet that we had to bring to both appts.  I guess we will be bringing these with us next month.  I went to the Dollarama and bought a plastic document sleeve to protect them. 😂

6C00BE27-61FC-4AF5-83EF-4F6C134D8CAA.jpeg

Interesting how every province is doing things so differently.  I called RCCL and they said just bring what you have and it will be fine.

• Like 1

I have a vaccination card, a passport, an old flip phone, a husband who is blind, we are 74 and booked on the Anthem in Star class with a genie. This cruise (after 3 being cancelled) will put us in Diamond class. We have been married 50 years and have been well taken care of on every enjoyable cruise. How complicated can it now be to get on a cruise ship and enjoy a cruise without all this technology???  You "KIDS" have me worried! PS  We also have had a wonderful travel agent for our entire marriage.

• Like 2

I received my vaccination status request three days ago for my August 29th Cruise on Allure of the Seas. Asked to check one of the three boxes, are you fully vaccinated and can show proof , not vaccinated, or do not wish to disclose.  Proof will be required if you chose that response at time you embark. It has to be original and not a copy. 

Then I received notice the next day that our ship was leaving a couple of hours later due to the embarkment process due to CDC so instead of leaving after 430 we wont be leaving until around 7.   

This is my first time on Royal Caribbean, and waiting to check in for my August 15th Allure of the Seas. I'm going with my friend on this sailing and she has limited time at work to do stuff. I want to be ready to check in right away when I can so we can select an earlier boarding time. With them pushing the departure time to 7pm, I don't want to get stuck having to wait super late to get onboard. Does anyone know if I can check myself in on the app, and select our check-in time, and then when she gets off work, she can go ahead and get herself checked in to take her photo and scan her passport?

I've been reading this posting about not being able to check in as usual once you've paid and your 90 days from boarding.   Well I just looked at the app on my phone and it now looks like we can check in for our October 9th Anthem cruise!  Need to see if we have photos to scan in...I just had surgery on my scalp so don't want to take a new photo of my bandaged head.  Will work it out.  Really getting excited. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 10:29 AM, davekathy said:

Maybe my wife and I will just show up when we want (early) and pretend we aren't hooked up to the World Wide Web. 😏

best answer yet.  I started a thread on RCI app, but does not look like I will get the right answers.

Playing stupid does work sometimes.  And really all this usage of APPS is making for way to many folks walking around with phones in their hands looking down.   Hard to get to know folks.

My phone likes being tucked away.  I never use public WIFI and I never use email on my phone either, just texting.