Cancellation Notifications

We have Vision of the Seas booked for September 12, 2021.  Does anyone have any idea how long RC will give for notification if the sailing is cancelled?  We want to look at other alternatives, but we are in limbo until RC makes a decision.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chocolabmom said:

We have Vision of the Seas booked for September 12, 2021.  Does anyone have any idea how long RC will give for notification if the sailing is cancelled?  We want to look at other alternatives, but we are in limbo until RC makes a decision.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

I don't think September sailings are in jeopardy right now. July sailings are (knock on wood) off a good start with the exception of the Odyssey. That having been said, if you're itching for alternatives perhaps take advantage of CWC and take a FCC?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, chocolabmom said:

The current decision is to operate the cruise as scheduled. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sooner you go on a cruise the better, if something happens and they shut down cruising again, you have no shot at September.

This industry has been battered to the core for far to long.  Cruising isn't going anywhere.  lessons learned.  Going to be some cases on board and some passengers sent home early but its time to get things running on all cylinders again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chocolabmom said:

you are fine, I think we are FINALLY done with cancellations

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

This industry has been battered to the core for far to long.  Cruising isn't going anywhere.  lessons learned.  Going to be some cases on board and some passengers sent home early but its time to get things running on all cylinders again.

I totally agree, they have been crucified for way to long.  Just got back from Cancun.  Stood in line for 2.5 hours, wall to wall people to check in for our flight home.  But you won't let me cruise.  Total BS and I don't care what anyone says.  I would have cruised last May if I could have.  Instead we have done land vacations between Cancun and Punta Cana since August, since the CDC is so stupid and would not let me cruise.  FINALLY -August 14th on Adventure and then every  month after that out of the state.  About damn time

Edited by karena1
  • Like 2

I honestly wish they didn’t have to do test cruises on every ship. I mean that is a lot of money that the cruise lines have to waste. I think 1 or 2 on each line is fine. But as long as they have a plan in place there is no need. The cruise lines do not want to have an outbreak on board and will do everything they can without the CDC butting in.

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There will be lot more cancellations.  Royal will not have all their ships sailing by September.  they are hoping by the end of the year

Do you think the Odyssey will go in October or could that also be up in the air?

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There will be lot more cancellations.  Royal will not have all their ships sailing by September.  they are hoping by the end of the year

The ones I have booked should not be cancelled

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We are scheduled for Vision on November 12th. 2021. What do you think our chances are for this cruise going? 

25 minutes ago, cello56 said:

We are scheduled for Vision on November 12th. 2021. What do you think our chances are for this cruise going? 

I think that is one that could be in doubt.  There are 2 ships scheduled out of San Juan and the other one is Voyager.  I don't see them having 2 ships sailing from San Juan for a while.  They just cancelled Vision's Bermuda sailings and I am guessing that any crew that had made there way on board have been transferred to other ships for now.  Being an older, smaller ship with a poor balcony to total cabin ratio isn't doing her any favours

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think that is one that could be in doubt.  There are 2 ships scheduled out of San Juan and the other one is Voyager.  I don't see them having 2 ships sailing from San Juan for a while.  They just cancelled Vision's Bermuda sailings and I am guessing that any crew that had made there way on board have been transferred to other ships for now.  Being an older, smaller ship with a poor balcony to total cabin ratio isn't doing her any favours

The Vision November 12th. cruise is out of Fort Lauderdale. Does that help her situation for November 12th.?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don't think so.  I think the smaller ships will be the last ones to start

There is a similar cruise on Radiance of the Seas leaving Miami on the same date - Nov. 12/21. Do you think that would be a safer bet? We really want to cruise that specific week for work reasons, and the double points are a bonus. Thank you for your help. 

27 minutes ago, cello56 said:

There is a similar cruise on Radiance of the Seas leaving Miami on the same date - Nov. 12/21. Do you think that would be a safer bet? We really want to cruise that specific week for work reasons, and the double points are a bonus. Thank you for your help. 

We sure hope so!  Booked on Radiance in December.  The ship started moving from Singapore and is now south of Sri Lanka.  Hope she keeps coming this way!  😀

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Oasis has her test cruise at the end of August. 

Make that the 22nd of August for the Oasis Test Cruise from Bayonne, assuming that Cape Liberty has given them the OK. Then they have to wait for the CDC to give them approval after the test cruise. (hoping that no one is or shows a positive reading) Don't forget it still has to be capacity controlled too. Then the ship will need to stock provisions for the passenger occupancy whatever it turns out to be. Talk has been the first cruise to be September 5th. Second week is September 12th. As it draws closer I'm sure there will be more to read up on.

23 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All the ones I have booked, with maybe the exception of Explorer out of PR in Dec, should for sure go.  Hoping Explorer goes also

• Like 1

Booked on Anthem 9/5 and 9/12 - and has started sailing out of Southampton with only UK passengers doing UK itinerary - 9/5 is Norwegian Fjords and 9/12 Northern Europe -both sailing out of Southampton -  wondering when/if they would change the itinerary and when/if they will allow US passengers.  Any information or thoughts - greatly appreciated  - Stay well and safe - thank you