The Daily for Wednesday Jul 14, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, kazu said:

918403D4-FBAB-46B3-9DE4-B1D028BCEADE.thumb.jpeg.b50b41de2b1c18b1c935c80fc531cbba.jpeg

Stay safe & don’t forget your 😷 

As I have gotten older I have learned that I really do like the bigger Cheerios much more than the smaller ones I enjoyed as a child.  Thanks for your posts Jacqui, they always give me a good laugh or two.

Edited by travelnap
  • Like 19
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. All is quiet here this morning.Sam needs an appointment with a podiatrist and I’m going to see if I can find someone to come to the house so we don’t have to go through the process of getting him and the walker and wheelchair into and out of the car.

Last night I broke down and had a good cry. It relieved the tension I’ve had since June 6 , and I felt better after. Between the OT, PT , nurses, and speech therapists we are kept busy.

Carol

It's amazing how hard it is to do something like cry, it's draining, but it's also cleansing.

🙏🙏🙏

• Like 18

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning Everyone from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Love todays quote, it made me laugh. I havent had mac and cheese since I was in college ( almost 50 years ago) It was the only thing the cafeteria didnt mess up, so I ate it almost everyday. I swore once I graduated, I would never eat it again and I havent. 

We were in Nuku Hiva in 2019 on the Eurodam. Interesting port, very beautiful. There was only 1 tour and it was with any local that had a car or truck. We rode caravan style around the island. Our driver did not speak English and my French is extremely limited but we managed. They would stop at different sites and there was 1 English speaking guide who explained everything. I enjoyed it.

Water aerobics this AM.

Stay safe and enjoy today

I'm with you on the mac n cheese, along with fish sticks it graced our dinner plates every Friday growing up and I rarely touch either of them now. 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. All is quiet here this morning.Sam needs an appointment with a podiatrist and I’m going to see if I can find someone to come to the house so we don’t have to go through the process of getting him and the walker and wheelchair into and out of the car.

Last night I broke down and had a good cry. It relieved the tension I’ve had since June 6 , and I felt better after. Between the OT, PT , nurses, and speech therapists we are kept busy.

Carol

Carol-I had a stroke going on 8 months ago. Recovery is veryyyy slow, but it has gotten better.  Every time I think I'm on top of it, something new to deal with presents itself.  Unfortunately there is no part of the body not affected by stroke in some way.  Remember to cry as often as you need to, come on here and talk to us, and always give yourself breaks when you need them, even if it's just ten minutes (I'm a caregiver on top of being a patient and understand both perspectives).   

• Like 31

👍Thank You for The Daily Rich, @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmd for both the Care and Celebration  Lists!😊 Looking forward to seeing more of today's port in French Polynesia. We have been there three times ( 🚢Star Princess, Oceanina Marina and the ill fated attempt by HAL in March of 2020...don't get me started, lol!😜) @cunnorl about the same experience of driving around in Le Truck. Great experiences in France....bonne fête nationale!😉

🎂🎶Happy Birthday Wishes to Allen @Seasick Sailor

🙏Prayers to all in need and to all who contribute.

Katie

20210714_064832.jpg

tenor (3).gif

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Carol-I had a stroke going on 8 months ago. Recovery is veryyyy slow, but it has gotten better.  Every time I think I'm on top of it, something new to deal with presents itself.  Unfortunately there is no part of the body not affected by stroke in some way.  Remember to cry as often as you need to, come on here and talk to us, and always give yourself breaks when you need them, even if it's just ten minutes (I'm a caregiver on top of being a patient and understand both perspectives).   

Sorry to hear this.

Pleased you are getting better.

Take care 

• Like 14

Good Morning,

Well Seattle is fogged in and I can't get a good view of our ship, perhaps when it lifts.  Today's marine layer is trying its darndest to overtake the area, but our proximity to the mountains makes that difficult, we'll see if it wins out.  It will have an affect temperature wise, we are not supposed to go above 80 for as far out as their forecasts go and that's fantastic! 

Thanks to all the listers.  Thoughts and prayers to all that need them.  

I have another pharmacy pickup today and then the bank; tonight I have to prepare the garage for the junk haulers arrival tomorrow.  I'm back to square one on the cat.  Dear Dad decided he'd rather have a sitter than board him, so that's back on the table, but the neighbor's offer turned out to be polite, but vacant; although I don't think it would have worked out anyway.  The good thing is there are a lot of sitters in our area utilizing one or two of the online locators.  

Have a great day everybody!

• Like 19

Since everyone is posting pictures of Nuku Hiva thought I'd post some we took when on the Maasdam in July 2019.  We were on the ship Alischief that cruise.

y4mTMzH0kXPDaIZ7gYtslUXvl_6IuMG4TghpSQEW

Morning sail in to port Nuku Hiva

y4mBu-zU1mb9aYgPVSrMekWIJr3ytnjtMMZt-cwb

Looking down on  town on far side of island

y4m4nnmgMMWyZkKaU5B33-G_bf_BqL5CVIKT9M0Q

Church on far side of island

y4mrRwLF-RdQ5vOrE6WzDS8ermYAWgXPvyfxhR0r

Beach on far side of island

y4m6mBgVchmcp1dpMXiSX7IWFQK_U9L-rCiQCK9p

Maasdam in harbor

y4mUaTe4uS0JPETyLLRL10kUc4ScRn87rO4CT007

Statue up on hill.

y4mOTn9gFHI2nYVXYRhpiKtgSobOWDKjrm7TYufA

Manta rays next to ship in harbor.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Cool..... and rain. Sounds good even though the higher elevations are under a flash flood warning. Temps today in the high 70's. Last night I made my final trip out with the dog clutching the leash with dog attached, flashlight, poop bag and umbrella which I needed since it was pouring. Have turned sprinklers off and am enjoying the cool.

Glad to see so many on the care list are improving.

Today will be spent on clearing out... a good activity for a rainy day. We are nearing resolution on the shelter renovations..... new roof and HVAC hopefully by late Fall.

Susan

• Like 18

Good morning all!

I'm late today, another night of not-so-good sleep.  I have my yearly eye exam today, not looking forward to that eye chart with my bleary eyes!  😄

SO good to see the NA is in Seattle!!!  Thanks for the photos.

Nuku Hiva is on the itinerary for a cruise we have next year, I'm enjoying the photos!

@mamaofamisometimes a good cry is what we need. It's good that you gave yourself the time to do that -- 

@wandbwonderful news about your sister!! So happy for you all.

We're very happy that our grandson got his cast off.  Now just 2 weeks of wearing a removeable brace.

Here he is in his Daddy's arms right after having it removed.  

1205883408_nocast.thumb.jpg.3c9cc56719b23420ae51488f7c1cc833.jpg

• Like 25

Thanks for all the pictures of our port Of the day. I’m adding it to my Travel Hope Chest.

The paddy pan squash is looking a lot better. Have been using Neem oil. 
And have small pots of borage, heat resistant lettuce, beans and passion fruit growing on the sill.

290C332D-A266-4FA2-94ED-304B1F21B0E8.jpeg

054712BB-0101-405E-9E16-5FEF69C7DBAB.jpeg

• Like 22

28 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I think all geese can be vicious and can attack.  We've had run-ins with the plain white variety.

I don't get near them.  But I've seen them on the chase if they have little ones nearby.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good Morning All,

Getting a late start today. Not sure why I slept in, but I did.☹️

We had chicken and zucchini enchiladas with tomatillo sauce last night, so will finish them tonight. It’s sort of a version of the meal of the day. And we observed Pandemonium Day yesterday, when one of the dove babies decided to fledge. It ended up on a padded chair on the patio, about 2 feet in front of the sliding glass door. This put it at eye height of our Golden Retriever, who whined, yodeled and carried on for a couple of hours. He may be a Golden, but he has the persistence of a terrier. As of last night the sibling was still in the nest, so we might have a repeat performance today.

011BE7EC-60BD-4708-935B-F91A3B8907DC.thumb.jpeg.b6f14d145214bba6536be5a0494ea09d.jpeg9E1AAE1F-AF45-46B0-8924-DCA1DF927EB0.thumb.jpeg.db61993f362cfd77309fc98f874c749b.jpeg

Today’s wine report from Cat:

Chateau Ste Michelle Chardonnay Canoe Ridge Estate

All vintages of this Chardonnay have very good – excellent ratings and decent prices. I found many online distributors with prices starting at $19.99. You might find it for less locally.

Winemaker Notes
The 2018 Canoe Ridge Estate Chardonnay is refined and elegant and offers apple and citrus aromas with a clean, refreshing finish. We age the wine in lighter French oak barrels to maintain the fresh, elegant style of this Chardonnay. Ideal pairings include salmon, crab cakes, and pork.

WE90 Wine Enthusiast
Aromas of peach, straw and sweet spice lead to stone fruit flavors that are rich in the center. Like many wines from this vintage, its appeal is much about the balance it brings.

Have a great day everyone!

Fun!  We put out seed for the cat's entertainment (he's indoor only and won't ever harm them).

Keep us updated.  

• Like 7

Good morning, all! There’s been little break in the pandemonium in over a year now, so I’ll pass on that. Mac and cheese sounds good for lunch. The real kind - with  a blend of cheeses, fresh herbs and white wine in the sauce.

DD has gone to work and DH has gone off island on a shopping expedition. I’m by myself and can’t make jam until DH gets back with supplies. I have a few hours alone to wander around and relax.

Yesterdays cherry pie was a great success, and there’s cherries in the freezer for seven more. There are two good bags of dried cherries in the cupboard, and enough left for two batches of jam. Life is good! 
Happy Wednesday, and what fun to see a BHB in Seattle again!

76A8FBD5-E317-46F3-8B10-D0A428B2287B.thumb.jpeg.da08f7af1e2c262a8eb907527dedd859.jpeg

• Like 20

20 minutes ago, atexsix said:

I saw that yesterday.  I thought she was doing Asia cruises.

Not surprised to see her in Seattle but I thought Magnolia terminal was just Carnival subsidiaries and Silver Muse would have been down on Alaska Way.

Roy

• Like 5

Good morning, all, Happy Bastille Day!  My girls lived on KD during university, I think, they were in Canada, DS went to the University of Virginia and he would come home some weekends to collect food to take back.  In those days he was a big meat eater, so no mac and cheese, nowadays he is a vegan.  

I would settle for lobster mac and cheese on a BHB!

P1030811.thumb.JPG.60164ee8ec4068a253f7c470b528697c.JPG

We went to Nuku Hiva on the Westerdam in 2016 with Jacqui, and were on her tour  - so my photos are pretty much the same, I'll just add a few.

Lunch at Yvonne's

P1030118.thumb.JPG.3b083a011c58553176f17f9dcd89b3a4.JPG

View from a hilltop

P1030071.thumb.JPG.dad8c5501b6fa3068072bcbc55b04175.JPG

In the jungle

P1030079.thumb.JPG.f0087f4eb4246585b3963917b5fdc3da.JPG

P1030080.thumb.JPG.823dd078c3fb7306ffdffc5a52be578e.JPG

P1030087.thumb.JPG.635d3faf17df4db429c8857895220847.JPG

The intrepid adventurers!

P1030098.thumb.JPG.7540b612bd522b5e74ec30f5e4e7871c.JPG

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich. I’ll celebrate Mac and Cheese Day!  I don’t make it from scratch often but do buy it at TJ’s. We like the green chili one, yum. And when DM and I go to lunch we always check out the Mac and cheese options, Red Lobster sometimes has a Lobster version. 

So exciting to see the NA in Seattle. Things are happening!  And Jacqui will be posting a Bon Voyage soon!  ⛴

Happy Birthday to Allen @Seasick Sailor!!  🎂🎈🍾🥂

Thank you for your lists Roy. Prayers to everyone on the Care list. 

@dfish The recipe today looks really nice. I love spinach in recipes and would never think to put them in enchiladas. However, I have a lot of leftover chicken enchiladas to finish first. 

Our monsoon is actually happening. Last year we had a non-soon but this year we’ve had some heavy storms. Saturday night was destructive, lots of damage, trees down and power outages (usually caused by micro bursts). We just had a mess in the yard. Craig worked most of Sunday cleaning up the pool and backyard while I was at the hospital with DM. Since then we’ve had more storms, just not as destructive.  We really need the rain. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, garlictown said:

👍Thank You for The Daily Rich, @richwmnand to Roy @rafinmd for both the Care and Celebration  Lists!😊 Looking forward to seeing more of today's port in French Polynesia. We have been there three times ( 🚢Star Princess, Oceanina Marina and the ill fated attempt by HAL in March of 2020...don't get me started, lol!😜) @cunnorl about the same experience of driving around in Le Truck. Great experiences in France....bonne fête nationale!😉

🎂🎶Happy Birthday Wishes to Allen @Seasick Sailor

🙏Prayers to all in need and to all who contribute.

Katie

20210714_064832.jpg

tenor (3).gif

Thank you Katie!

• Like 7