Non Suite Guests In Luminae

CHEZMARYLOU

I have been sailing in suites since 2012 and it was always a given that if you were not in a suite you could not dine in Luminae unless you were invited by and dined with a Suite Guest.  I know there have been a lot of changes but did this change?  I was told on another site that as long as Luminae is not busy you can pay to go to dinner there.  Seems odd especially since it seems suites are sailing at near capacity.

Another thing I had always thought was that Ft. Lauderdale did not offer the Extend Your Stay option to stay on board the day of disembarkation.  Did this change too?

I've never heard of Luminae being offered to non suite guests outside of being invited by a suite guest and paying the guest fee.

Extend your stay has been suspended at all ports I believe due to Covid.  As you said pre-covid it was not available in the US.

The policy has not changed to allow non-suite passengers to dine in Luminae without suite passengers or an invitation from an officer.

In fact, I think I saw that, due to the current environment, can't even come into Luminae as guests of suite passengers for the time being (but I may be mistaken).

4 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

II was told on another site that as long as Luminae is not busy you can pay to go to dinner there. 

Just because you read it on the Internet doesn't necessarily make it true.  Non-suite guests can eat in Luminae but only as an invited guest of a suite passenger on a space available basis, and the cost is billed to the suite account.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

The cost can be covered by any seapass card provided.  We have dined with suite guest multiple times and have always paid the cover with our non suite card.

That has not been our experience so I guess it just depends.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Crucero said:

Just because you read it on the Internet doesn't necessarily make it true.  Non-suite guests can eat in Luminae but only as an invited guest of a suite passenger on a space available basis, and the cost is billed to the suite account.

Oh, I know, just didn't want to get into an argument with the poster who swears he/she had done it numerous times, especially since our last cruise was in November 2019. Feel bad for the staff when someone taking the other post as gospel, because they are, gets into an argument that "yes, you're not busy so I can pay to dine here" argument.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Oh, I know, just didn't want to get into an argument with the poster who swears he/she had done it numerous times, especially since our last cruise was in November 2019. Feel bad for the staff when someone taking the other post as gospel, because they are, gets into an argument that "yes, you're not busy so I can pay to dine here" argument.

How many times have we sat near the host station and seen non-suite passengers try to get into Luminae? It normally happens daily for the first few days until passengers understand. I've never seen a non-suite passenger who wasn't dining with a suite passenger allowed.

I would be really surprised with suites at or near capacity that Luminae would be opened to non-suite, but I don't manage the place.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Another thing I had always thought was that Ft. Lauderdale did not offer the Extend Your Stay option to stay on board the day of disembarkation.  Did this change too?

This Extend Your Stay option is still listed for Ft Lauderdale:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ports/fort-lauderdale/shore-excursions

image.png.02863d13a9932e3ff6687f579e861a8d.png

That doesn't mean it's offered every time, of course, but it was at one point.

8 hours ago, El Crucero said:

Sailing on the Inaugural of the Apex this past June, we had booked a suite with a connecting inside cabin and at were first told the inside guests would have the privilege of dining in Luminae and would have access to the Retreat.

Received a phone call in our cabin later that day advising that was no longer possible due to covid restrictions and that the guest in the inside cabin would not be able to take advantage of any Retreat benefits for that November sailing.

Edited by ATLJC
  • Like 1

I really think someone was mis-informed on this one.  Those suite/inside or suite/cc class on the aft I believe on some sailings can be booked as a "family suite".  In these cases I believe the non-suite room (or additional passengers) is significantly more expensive and does come with the Retreat benefits.   I think if you just book as a suite and an inside room connecting there are no benefits.

There is very little information regarding these family suites to be found on CC.

17 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Maybe they are confused with Blu?  Suite guests can dine in Blu if it is not busy.  

31 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Maybe they are confused with Blu?  Suite guests can dine in Blu if it is not busy.  

No, they definitely said Luminae and even quoted the prices for the 3 meals.  I'm surprised I was the only one who contradicted the poster who said he did it in 2020.

51 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Celebrity has always been known to be consistently inconsistent.   

Some things just never change, right? As I tend to say, "If it weren't for apathy I wouldn't care at all". I still just ride the waves and sail on.... life could be so much worse!😎🍷

10 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

No, they definitely said Luminae and even quoted the prices for the 3 meals.  I'm surprised I was the only one who contradicted the poster who said he did it in 2020.

I have read through all the posts in this thread and I can not find a poster who claimed they ate in Luminae as a non suite guest. Did I miss one?

14 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I have read through all the posts in this thread and I can not find a poster who claimed they ate in Luminae as a non suite guest. Did I miss one?

No, this was on another social media site.  Guess which one.

14 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

That would have been an easy and cheap way to extend suite benefits to low fare paying family members.   What a cost savings that would be.   Maybe you can still pay to have them dine with you at Luminae.

I believe the cost for non-suite guests was $25 or $30 per person to join suite guests in Luminae. The generous OBC offered by booking onboard would have offset the cost for the inside cabin. Access to the Retreat Lounge would have been omplimentary for the entire family. All that is on hold and hopefully we will be able to take advantage of the old policies soon. 

Edited by ATLJC

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Corrrect..BUT non AQ class and non suite guests CANNOT dine in BLU at all.   Space is limited and tables are already too close in BLU

I recall pre-pandemic X offered  a limited number of non-Suite guests who were traveling with Suite guests the ability to dine in Luminae  ( I don’t  if access to Michaels was included).As I recall it was limited to 10 guests, and the high end suite guests were offered this option for those traveling with them. There was a cost, again this old brain can’t recall the amount.  It was a hot topic on CC and not something that well received by most suite  cruisers on CC.

Other than the people paying for the inside cabin and their suite friends, I don't think that any other full fare suite pax would appreciate more people in the Retreat

There seems to be some accommodation for the top end suites allowing their friends to go to the Retreat.  As for the standard S 1,2,3 getting those privileges - it appears it might be a problem.  

want first. class?  Buy first class

• Like 3
  • Haha 1