Email from Celebrity regarding vacination

MarkE

Just checking wife got email from celrbrity asking if vaccinated advised us to reply if we are or not vaccinated, did anyone else get this inquiry?  It looked like it was from celebrity but did not have any booking number to prove, just worried this may be a scam of some sort to get our information.  I am her husband and I did not get this email  and I am on the same cruise .  

27 minutes ago, MarkE said:

Just checking wife got email from celrbrity asking if vaccinated advised us to reply if we are or not vaccinated, did anyone else get this inquiry?  It looked like it was from celebrity but did not have any booking number to prove, just worried this may be a scam of some sort to get our information.  I am her husband and I did not get this email  and I am on the same cruise .  

When's your cruise? Most people on the board have reported getting phone calls and emails on this subject. When you hover over the return email address, or click on it to expand it, is it still from Celebrity? Or some nonsensical gmail or other address?

I'm not cruising anytime soon, so haven't got anything, but yes, Celebrity is contacting people with that question.

Edited: Just enough time to edit! Agree with mom says and Ken. If you're not sure it's a legitimate email, then contact your TA and/or Celebrity directly rather than clicking on a link in an email.

Edited by markeb

you need to inform the cruiseline of your vaccination status before arrival at the port. The cruiseline has a limit of how many unvaccinated pax are allowed per sailing (depending on homeport)

https://www.celebritycruises.com/health-and-safety

If you don't trust a link on the email, then email Celebrity directly and/or phone them with the required information.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

My suggestion is for you to contact your TA or Celebrity, whoever helped you book your cruise, and have them update your Celebrity booking to reflect your vaccination status.

We contacted our Celebrity PVP a few weeks ago and he updated our applicable bookings shortly afterwards. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

Received a similar email today -- though to be clear, there is a link to click and register for antigen tests if you are unvaccinated (and they include a code to use), but there is no similar link to click to inform them that you are vaccinated. I'd been waiting for them to call us (as other threads have reported) to verify that, but I guess I should call them pro-actively and have them enter that into their records.

In our official Celebrity booking confirmation it lists us as “vaccinated - yes.”  Which I take to mean they are noting we are vaccinated and we agreed to provide proof.  My TA said X asked her if we were and would and I said yes to both.  Just wondered if we would still be contacted by Celebrity before our sailing as this thread describes.

When you are booking you are supposed to tell Celebrity your vaccine status. For those that use a TA that may fall between the cracks as it's up to the TA to ask you and note it on your reservation your vaccine status. Those that are getting calls or e-mails are reservations with no vaccine status noted. 

• Thanks 1

We received an email from a person @rccl.com stating they are contacting us in regards to our vaccination status.  The email gave a phone number to call or said to reply to the email.  The email did contain our reservation number and stated they were looking forward to seeing us on the Equinox on 8/1.  The email we received was definitely legitimate.  

56 minutes ago, klflote said:

Received a similar email today -- though to be clear, there is a link to click and register for antigen tests if you are unvaccinated (and they include a code to use), but there is no similar link to click to inform them that you are vaccinated. I'd been waiting for them to call us (as other threads have reported) to verify that, but I guess I should call them pro-actively and have them enter that into their records.

Good idea but always  hover over the link and if Celebrity or RCL are not the linked website it may be a spoof and don't click.  

I never click a link to update information.    I prefer to go to the actual website and find where to update or call to have it done.  

• Like 1

After I responded to celrbrity to identify to be sure it was them they responded with another email with my booking I answered we were both vaccinated and she responded with a thank you.  Thanks for all your replies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leafsnation said:

Celeb wont accept mixed vaccines . I got pfizer and moderna. Hope that changes. Our cruise is Nov 2021.

bob

They will accept the same type of vaccines.  Since yours are both mRNA vaccines you will be fine.  They are not accepting mixed types of vaccines such as Astrazenica with Pfizer.

• Like 1

I called our CVP last week and she updated our account to show we are vaccinated. I still anticipate a call or two asking the same question. Unless an email  had our sailing information I would not provide an answer, and even then I would hesitate.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, gbphipps said:

They will accept the same type of vaccines.  Since yours are both mRNA vaccines you will be fine.  They are not accepting mixed types of vaccines such as Astrazenica with Pfizer.

Unfortunately, this is not true at this time.

diffvax.JPG

Procedures are fluid right now and we'll see many changes as cruising moves forward.  What I'm interested to see are the testing procedures for International travellers.  As an example, we will be flying out of Vancouver, Canada on May 4, arriving in London on May 5th to board the Silhouette on May 7th.  If the requirement is to have a COVID test 3 days before the start of the cruise, we'll have to have the test on the day we leave Vancouver on May 4th and receive the results by text or email.  Will this be acceptable or will the UK or Celebrity want a test done by them and then when and where do we get it done.  If anyone has any insight on this, I welcome your comments.  

23 hours ago, MarkE said:

We got the same email for our Aug 8 sailing on the Equinox.   Only one email for both of us.    I responded that we are both fully vaccinated.