LAFFNVEGAS "LIVE" from the Nieuw Amsterdam, First HAL Ship to Sail!!

LAFFNVEGAS

4 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

We are onboard and eating lunch in the Lido. LOTS of stuff to report. 
I have been try to upload embark videos for 50 minutes, we were on board before 12. 

2C6FFF65-90E4-48E2-9CA8-9EAE8FA13E0F.jpeg

374C2BCD-A7BC-4714-AD6D-BA710DDEFBE3.jpeg

It was quite a welcoming party as you and others boarded. Enjoy!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I have been try to upload embark videos for 50 minutes, we were on board before 12. 

Love it. Looks like chocolate peanut butter pie. Yum

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Was MDR open for lunch?

• Like 3

Four weeks until we board Eurodam. Really excited. We just left Athens on Celebrity Apex so it will be fun to compare the experiences. Hope everything will go smoothly with the restart today and the first HAL ship to sail in too many months.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, zelker said:

Was MDR open for lunch?

Yes it is but the menu is disappointing. It is what is on the Navigator and is the 7 every single day. The embarkation day in the past was always different and yes included my favorite Peanut Butter Pie. Sadly that is not offered in the Main Dining Room , we actually was not that thrilled with what was offered so came to the Lido. All the usual great offerings in the Lido. Shhhh don’t tell anyone I am on my second Peanut Butter Pie since it is the only day they offer it. 😉

I think it is CC that is not letting me upload videos, I had no problem with Facebook, those that know me there can view.

56B2C01B-4BE5-478F-A45B-9D9B039E5693.jpeg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Yes it is but the menu is disappointing. It is what is on the Navigator and is the 7 every single day. The embarkation day in the past was always different and yes included my favorite Peanut Butter Pie. Sadly that is not offered in the Main Dining Room , we actually was not that thrilled with what was offered so came to the Lido. All the usual great offerings in the Lido. Shhhh don’t tell anyone I am on my second Peanut Butter Pie since it is the only day they offer it. 😉

I think it is CC that is not letting me upload videos, I had no problem with Facebook, those that know me there can view.

56B2C01B-4BE5-478F-A45B-9D9B039E5693.jpeg

8AA6BF28-990A-4085-8E5A-2B9B94743C18.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Shhhh don’t tell anyone I am on my second Peanut Butter Pie since it is the only day they offer it. 😉

(I won’t tell anyone. 😉😆)

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Good Morning, we checked out of our room and are now waiting in the Fountain Lounge very near the Holland Amsterdam Concierge Desk. They told us the Bus will be here at 11 and we will load up and head to pier 91. 
It look to be a beautiful day for a cruise 😊

I will say finding breakfast was not overly easy,  we were going to have breakfast here at the hotel, but the menu ended up being for room service, they made it sound like it was at the Club Sheraton on the 32nd floor. It end up that is only a buffet that  was $32 pp for absolutely nothing fancy basically what you get for free at Hampton Inn or other similar. It was all self service so with all that in mind we decided to go look near the hotel. Well stopping at three places near by that we thought would be open and we’re not we came back and just got the breakfast sandwiches at the Starbucks in the Hotel lobby. We will need to investigate further for when we return in September.

there are currently now 18 total of us waiting for the bus to take us to the pier.

I hope to get pictures and possibly video of embarkation. We will see what I can manage. Also more changes to our Navigator today, I did screenshots below.

1D457CB2-4549-4385-86D7-1548BE29B0F1.jpeg

1AB78B49-92FF-4005-AF35-71C9D5179D34.png

B48CEE4E-9C3B-4909-959A-C35221FAB9C1.png

Should have warned you about the restaurant situation, I have some suggestions for September.

• Like 1

@LAFFNVEGASsorry to hear there was no special embarkation lunch. But I do like the new things on the MDR lunch menu (and my DD’s who are vegetarian or really pescatarian were very excited). 

I feel like I’m right there with you (have been on the Nieuw Amsterdam several times). But please sit back and relax and let it wash over you sometimes. I always promise myself not to observe my entire vacation through the lens of my camera.

Take care, have a blast and thanks for sharing this special trip,

St Louis Sal

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Lisa & Tom, have a great voyage on Nieuw A and enjoy Alaska. Keep her in tip top shape for us please 😉 'cause we are exactly two weeks behind you!

We are on August 14th, so we miss you by a week?!

• Like 3