Main Dining Room Question

mek

We're not cruising until the end of November, but right now are people only being seated with members of their own group and not strangers - even those fully  vaccinated?

I realize a lot could change between now and then, but my husband likes to sit with people and chat - I need to prepare him for the possibility of that not happening, if that is a possibility.

no clue, but then we always get a table for two for my wife and i anyway...i guess we were way ahead of the curve on social distancing for a long time now...The only time we would sit  with strangers was at jeff rubys or  trios or carlo/johnny's if  they were willing to pick up the tab..Needless to say that did not happen..Miss those days...we are cruising in nov and dec 21' and will remember to pack our bengals t-shirts.. down here in florida they are a rarity.....p.s. please have mike larosa open a pizza joint down here, the new yorkers have no clue what a good pie is....We wish you guys well. B&B in clearwater.

4 hours ago, mek said:

We're not cruising until the end of November, but right now are people only being seated with members of their own group and not strangers - even those fully  vaccinated?

I realize a lot could change between now and then, but my husband likes to sit with people and chat - I need to prepare him for the possibility of that not happening, if that is a possibility.

Well, that wasn't worded well, was it?  LOL.

3 hours ago, retired dude said:

no clue, but then we always get a table for two for my wife and i anyway...i guess we were way ahead of the curve on social distancing for a long time now...The only time we would sit  with strangers was at jeff rubys or  trios or carlo/johnny's if  they were willing to pick up the tab..Needless to say that did not happen..Miss those days...we are cruising in nov and dec 21' and will remember to pack our bengals t-shirts.. down here in florida they are a rarity.....p.s. please have mike larosa open a pizza joint down here, the new yorkers have no clue what a good pie is....We wish you guys well. B&B in clearwater.

I'm not a Bengals fan - my team is the Dolphins. 🏈

6 hours ago, mek said:

As of now, you will be seated by yourselves. However, he can strike  up a conversation with the people at the next table; or with someone you see in a lounge or other places. 

I am told that  in some cases they are using large tables and simply  seating people at either end. 
enjoy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Bills are the only team in NY 😀

Bills are on a roll , good for them.

Im a Steeler fan but secretly root for the bucs now . 

I used to dislike Brady because of the team he used to be on , but now he is ok. 

I think the Bucs will repeat . Dynasty in the making .

3 hours ago, loman said:

I used to dislike Brady because of the team he used to be on , but now he is ok. 

I root for the NJ Jets.

5 hours ago, papajak said:

I would give him the heads up now, then if things change, he will be pleasantly surprised. 

We were in the MDR for all 7 nights of our cruise last month. And to be honest, we were happy to have some space and not have people sitting shoulder-to-shoulder given the current on-going pandemic. You kinda have some control if you're sitting in a bar and it starts to get crowded. Not so in the MDR and a little extra space was welcome. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, loman said:

Hate us cuz you ain’t us.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We were in the MDR for all 7 nights of our cruise last month. And to be honest, we were happy to have some space and not have people sitting shoulder-to-shoulder given the current on-going pandemic. You kinda have some control if you're sitting in a bar and it starts to get crowded. Not so in the MDR and a little extra space was welcome. 

I agree I would love the extra space.  Sailed on Allure jan 2020 and our tables were no more than 6" apart.  Didnt care for that.  Give me a couple feet apart.

7 hours ago, papajak said:

I would give him the heads up now, then if things change, he will be pleasantly surprised. 

Thanks for the replies.  I'll start paying closer attention to this as it's important to him.

On Adventure in June we were seated with a young couple. We got there first and I asked for a bit of space between our parties. Instead of four place settings in a row, they placed us at opposite ends of the table. They were very nice and conversation was easy, just felt more comfortable with a little breathing room.

Oh man, getting quite the chuckle here at the first few posts in this thread. I assume the OP meant that their husband likes to sit and chat with people IN ADDITION to themselves, and not that they sit there mute while he has to find other people to converse with.

Regarding pizza... them's fightin' words! It's all about the water. You can't make a NY style pizza or bagel without our water. Everyone else should just stop trying.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, loman said:

You aint you either , lol  ... Cam and Matt aint Brady . You cant win the big one without him 🙂

Nope but we got 20 years and 6 rings.  God love Tom & I wish him well but you can’t take our dynasty away.  And nobody else even comes close.

Edited by poocher

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Nope but we got 20 years and 6 rings.  God love Tom & I wish him well but you can’t take our dynasty away.  And nobody else even comes close.

Steelers got 6 too and i think that will be it for a long time for both teams .🙂

Cant wait for the season to begin.