P&O Standards dropped, probably never again.

The Med

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Pete, I am interested to know why you feel you want one.  No criticism intended at all, but I would love to know why people do this?

Me too, simply because they are so permanent.  For women,  to me,  jewellery is the answer for adornment,  so you can change your 'look' at will.  For men, also, nowadays a bangle or men's bracelet or necklace (probably not the right word!) is often seen.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Most definitely.

Oct - March: Ripped and/or dirty jeans, black bomber jacket, bucket hat.

April - Sep: Cargo pocket short, vest or collarless T-shirt.  Home Office approved ankle bracelet (optional, up to 19:00 only).

I quite like their burgers so may make the effort.🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Me too, simply because they are so permanent.  For women,  to me,  jewellery is the answer for adornment,  so you can change your 'look' at will.  For men, also, nowadays a bangle or men's bracelet or necklace (probably not the right word!) is often seen.  

Yes, imagine if after a few years you hated it.  I can't imagine how they could remove a ful sleeve.  I would have thought by now you could have a non-permanent one done to see if you liked it. 

Edited by jeanlyon

16 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Pete, I am interested to know why you feel you want one.  No criticism intended at all, but I would love to know why people do this?

For me, its because I have a scar on my arm I would like to both pay homage to how it was caused, and a permanent reminder to myself. A few years ago I had a cycling accident and an injury which prevented me from working and doing many of the things I loved for a long time. The NHS did an exceptional job, but the accident cut short a long term goal of mine, and led me to a dark place.

It took a long time for me to climb out, and I would like to make it less of a war wound, and more of a peace wound.

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, HikingPete said:

For me, its because I have a scar on my arm I would like to both pay homage to how it was caused, and a permanent reminder to myself. A few years ago I had a cycling accident and an injury which prevented me from working and doing many of the things I loved for a long time. The NHS did an exceptional job, but the accident cut short a long term goal of mine, and led me to a dark place.

It took a long time for me to climb out, and I would like to make it less of a war wound, and more of a peace wound.

Pete - that's a very good reason.  Thank you for sharing that. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes, imagine if after a few years you hated it.  I can't imagine how they could remove a ful sleeve.  I would have thought by now you could have a non-permanent one done to see if you liked it. 

I do not have tattoos but I can see the appeal. They are a form of art and expression. 

Also, I know a lot of people have tattoos that mean something to them, for example, a dove that is a memorial of their lost mother, or a scene that represents their honeymoon.

Tattoos are not always silly drawings people decide on a whim to get applied to skin, but carefully designed permanent memorials of art. If they are good quality work, some can be beautiful.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I must admit, Wetherpub would probably be my go to for breakfast.  Next door to the Dolphin Hotel.  Mind you, the Premier Inn stuff yourself as much as you can does sound a good alternative.

I used to like a spoons breakfast but I won't eat there anymore after the way the owner treated his poor staff during COVID lockdowns. Personal choice though! 🙂

I think I'm gonna do breakfast at Carluccio's or at Banana Wharf. Thrive Cafe is tempting too....

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

I used to like a spoons breakfast but I won't eat there anymore after the way the owner treated his poor staff during COVID lockdowns. Personal choice though! 🙂

I think I'm gonna do breakfast at Carluccio's or at Banana Wharf. Thrive Cafe is tempting too....

This was our last time in Carluccios November 2019.

It was at Heathrow airport before our flight to San Francisco to board Grand Princess.

The meal was exactly the same as the one we got at Southampton.

Graham.

IMG_20210728_104637.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

Just now, grapau27 said:

This was our last time in Southampton at Carluccios November 2019 before boarding Royal Caribbean Explorer of the seas.

Graham.

IMG_20210728_104637.jpg

Wow, that looks great! Huge portions a bit too big for me but looks good quality 🙂

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Most definitely.

Oct - March: Ripped and/or dirty jeans, black bomber jacket, bucket hat.

April - Sep: Cargo pocket short, vest or collarless T-shirt.  Home Office approved ankle bracelet (optional, up to 19:00 only).

Round our way West Ham home shirt compulsary.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Very true, breakfast was lovely.

Good grief Graham, how on earth can you both manage to eat all of that. I like a big breakfast especially on P&O but not that big.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

This was our last time in Carluccios November 2019.

It was at Heathrow airport before our flight to San Francisco to board Grand Princess.

The meal was exactly the same as the one we got at Southampton.

Graham.

IMG_20210728_104637.jpg

It looks delicious, I think I've gained several lbs just looking at that!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HikingPete said:

I'm hitting middle age, and I don't think its a crisis as such, but I'm seriously considering a tattoo - a full length sleeve.

If I find the right design and go ahead with it, and people want to judge me for it, so be it. I'm comfortable with who I am.

I'm hoping to get a sleeve done this year too. Got a few small ones, but always wanted something bigger 🙂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

This was Carluccios in Southampton October 2019 before boarding Royal Caribbean Explorer of the seas.

Graham.

IMG_20210728_110317.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, HikingPete said:

My Sister in law never had a tattoo but just before the pandemic hit she had the misfortune to

get the dreaded letter from her breast screening she had done . Now after surgery she has two. One is a small dot that the NHS used to guide the laser to remove the cancer and to check where it was for future reference. The other one she had done is to cover her war wounds like you will be doing . I haven't got any tattoo's but recognise and admire the work they do for people in those situations ,they are a vital service to some people .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

My Sister in law never had a tattoo but just before the pandemic hit she had the misfortune to

get the dreaded letter from her breast screening she had done . Now after surgery she has two.

One is a small dot that the NHS used to guide the laser to remove the cancer and to check where

it was for future reference. The other one she had done is to cover her war wounds like you will

be doing . I haven't got any tattoo's but recognise and admire the work they do for people in 

those situations ,they are a vital service to some people .

As I said earlier my daughter is a tattoo artist, she is also qualified to to micro blading. She has worked with a number of chemotherapy patients who have lost their hair and she has given them eyebrows again, the results are amazing and confidence boosting

Michelle

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

As I said earlier my daughter is a tattoo artist, she is also qualified to to micro blading. She has worked with a number of chemotherapy patients who have lost their hair and she has given them eyebrows again, the results are amazing and confidence boosting

Michelle

That's a gift to chemotherapy patients Michelle - as I'm sure your daughter will confirm.  To give a bit of confidence back to patients after such a dreadful ordeal is heartwarming.  The lady who does my microblading says the same - and posts her 'before and after' photos.  When you look at the photos, you can see obvious differences in the wig and the eyebrows but the real difference is the look of joy in the eyes.  Have a good day.  Best wishes.  Jane.x

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ScratchTheRat said:

As I write this, the weather forecast for Southampton tomorrow up to 10.00am is full sunshine. If that is the case, Banana Wharf would be nice, with an option to sit outside!

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I must admit, Wetherpub would probably be my go to for breakfast.  Next door to the Dolphin Hotel.  Mind you, the Premier Inn stuff yourself as much as you can does sound a good alternative.

For lunch try the Green Dragon but must warn you could be a bit posh for some :classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TheGinBoy said:

I'm hoping to get a sleeve done this year too. Got a few small ones, but always wanted something bigger 🙂

Let me know when you do! I'll need to carry on ruminating on the design I'll going for - I'm thinking something like this, but I haven't quite decided as yet...

https://www.tattoodo.com/tattoos/212919

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 8:39 PM, The Med said:

It was just too low class, common, for us. Sorry. 

Well, this and the rest of the post sums up why we have never ventured on a. Cunard ship.

We as a couple would no doubt be highly acceptable to the OP,  though I cannot say the same regards them being acceptable to us.  As far as I am concerned, people are people and deserve equal respect.

We also tend to vary between high class holidays and cheap ones, but as P&O are cheap, I would not expect the same experience as we would on much higher priced holidays.  

• Like 9

I must admit  to having 4 tattoos,  those little green dots to aid radio therapy. But if anyone can see them in the MDR even on a non formal night, I deserve to be  thrown out.

Tattoos are like marmite.

I still think that "The med" was given an unduly hard time