New/extended cancelations for Eclipse, Infinity and Solstice

Jeremiah1212

Celebrity Eclipse sailings departing January 3, 2022 through April 17, 2022

Celebrity Infinity sailings departing December 13, 2021 through March 23, 2022

Celebrity Solstice sailings September 26, 2021 through December 19, 2021

Lift & Shift is available, or the standard 125% FCC or full refund. L&S needs completed by August 3rd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Thanks Jeremiah, that actually makes me more hopeful about my February Reflection sailing.

Right now everything seems to indicate they will bring Reflection back in November as planned. They have a ton of capacity for the Caribbean coming online very quickly but I imagine it would be another 2+ months before any Caribbean cancelations are announced. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 8.41.16 AM.png

• Thanks 1

Gutted, I just got the cancellation too. They are not giving you much time on this one. There was a tool somewhere that you could check what you could L&S too, is that still around? and if is so, anyone got a link?

If we cant L&S I think we have to go for a refund, as we cant book the same cruise as the next sailing is after the Sep 2022 deadline for the FCC

26 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Right now everything seems to indicate they will bring Reflection back in November as planned. They have a ton of capacity for the Caribbean coming online very quickly but I imagine it would be another 2+ months before any Caribbean cancelations are announced. 

That is a lot of Caribbean, but maybe if Canada opens up and Covid remains managed on board…

I have 2 Apex sailings booked. I go semi-retired next year, and had ideas for a long celebratory trip, but I didn’t have enough confidence to book South America, transpacific, Australia, and not enough money for the Galapagos! I will be very happy when Apex heads to Florida and even happier when she heads back to Europe, because then my May and October 2022 trips are good bets.

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Wow, thanks for posting this.  Where did you find it?  I’d like to print it for reference.  We are on Reflection November 20, so I am hopeful for that but feel so sorry for those who are seeing long hoped for cruises not materialize.  

It looks like Infinity was scheduled to go to South America for the winter.  

Does that mean Celebrity will not have any SA sailings in late December thru mid-March 2022?  Or is there another ship that will be deployed?

I am curious because I have a SA/Antarctic cruise booked on another line and have been wondering for a while now whether it will be canceled due to the less-than-favorable situation in SA. (Although much can change in half a year....)

• Like 1

Yes, our Dec 19 Solstice cruise is officially cancelled by Celebrity: link to notification

The bad news for us is that next year's holiday sailing is only 11 nights vs the 14 nights that we were supposed to have this year.  Yes, we will only be assessed the pro-rated fare, but I really like this year's itinerary which had 4 ports with overnights schedule.  Next year's has none.

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your 2021/22 cruise vacation. Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we thoughtfully plan our return to service, we are continuously evaluating all itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world. Regrettably, the situation in many parts of Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America remains uncertain, therefore out of an abundance of caution, we will be canceling the following 2021/22 sailings: Celebrity Eclipse® sailings departing January 3, 2022 through April 17, 2022; Celebrity Infinity® sailings departing December 13, 2021 through March 23, 2022; and Celebrity Solstice® sailings September 26, 2021 through December 19, 2021.

We sincerely apologize for having to cancel these sailings as we’re sure you are eager to enjoy the refreshing experience of traveling once again. Please know that your Celebrity family anxiously awaits the opportunity to show you the world. At this time, we would like to offer you the choice of being re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises vacation or receiving a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) or a 100% Refund.

From now through August 3, you have the option of keeping your cruise vacation plans on the same ship and destination, by rescheduling for a 2022/23 sailing within four weeks of your originally scheduled departure. Just contact us or your travel partner for details and your reservation will be shifted at the same daily rate including any promotion you currently have on the booking. Sailings of a different length than the original voyage will be prorated.

Please note, all Celebrity Cruises ships will sail with a vaccinated crew and at least 95% of guests fully vaccinated. Guests 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. As of August 1, 2021, all Guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated. For details on our current health and safety protocols please visit https://www.healthyatsea.com.

If you are unable to rebook by August 3, you will automatically receive a 125% FCC valid for use by April 30, 2022 on sailings departing on or before September 30, 2022. The value of the FCC will be calculated based on the amounts paid toward your cruise and will be processed by September 3, 2021 via email. Cruise taxes and fees will be refunded separately to your original form of payment within 30 days of cancellation. No action is required on your part to receive this FCC. For additional information regarding how to apply your FCC please review these Frequently Asked Questions.

If you prefer a 100% refund to your original method of payment, as opposed to the FCC, you may contact us anytime up until August 31, 2021. To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please contact your travel partner or click here and we will get the process started for you. You can expect to receive a refund within at least 30 days after you submit your request.

If you have pre-booked any shore excursions, beverage, internet, specialty dining or other onboard packages, through Celebrity Cruise Planner, you will be refunded in full to your original method of payment. Guests with independent arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible. Guests with air travel and hotel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be refunded automatically. You will not need to call in to initiate the process. Guests with independent air arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required cancellations.

First and always, please take care of yourselves and your family. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unique circumstances. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon for an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely, 

Celebrity Cruises

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I find it a bit hard to believe all these Caribbean sailings will stay in place as planned if they want to preserve pricing at all. The only ships I would rely upon 100% at this point for sailing the Caribbean short term would be The Edge, Apex and Equinox. I don't see any way they will have the demand to bring all these ships back into play by end of this year without crashing pricing.

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Wow you get 1 whole week to swap your plans to next year.    At least they are now doing the pro-rated thing as before most sailings got disqualified due to Celebrity shortening all their sailing lengths.

Yes, one week is tight  However I have been preparing for this and I knew that I wanted to be "re-accommodated" to the Dec 23 2022 sailing (as you have pointed out, Celebrity no longer calls it Lift and Shift).  

Also, I have my Christmas vacation contingency plan all set up--we will be taking a land vacation to Death Valley National Park (as well as shorter stops to Zion, Bryce Canyon, and Joshua Tree National Parks).

13 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I find it a bit hard to believe all these Caribbean sailings will stay in place as planned if they want to preserve pricing at all. The only ships I would rely upon 100% at this point for sailing the Caribbean short term would be The Edge, Apex and Equinox. I don't see any way they will have the demand to bring all these ships back into play by end of this year without crashing pricing.

I don't have a lot of confidence there won't be more Caribbean cancelations or redeployments. In December there are 8 ships doing Caribbean sailings. 8 out of 11 ships in the fleet (minus the Galapagos ships). In January Summit drops off to do charters most of Jan and Feb.  I agree that Edge and Apex are safe, likely Equinox. I would be hesitant to book Reflection or Constellation from Tampa. Both 'unrevolutionized' ships and removing Connie would remove an entire ship from service and impact the least overall number of guests in the process. 

• Like 1

Fingers crossed for Silhouette in November out of FLL.  I'll be pretty upset if its cancelled and the Edge remains in tact.  We were originally booked on the Edge for a 12 day, that was cancelled, we were offered/able to rebook on the Silhouette for the replacement same 12 day itinerary.  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Fingers crossed for Silhouette in November out of FLL.  I'll be pretty upset if its cancelled and the Edge remains in tact.  We were originally booked on the Edge for a 12 day, that was cancelled, we were offered/able to rebook on the Silhouette for the replacement same 12 day itinerary.  

I doubt Silhouette is cancelled all together. Reflection and Constellation have both not received the Revolution upgrades where Silhouette has. All 3 ships are doing 10+ night cruises. I think it would be pretty unlikely to shelf a Revolutionized ship over one that hasn't received the upgrades yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I doubt Silhouette is cancelled all together. Reflection and Constellation have both not received the Revolution upgrades where Silhouette has. All 3 ships are doing 10+ night cruises. I think it would be pretty unlikely to shelf a Revolutionized ship over one that hasn't received the upgrades yet. 

As I said fingers crossed.  And I should have said 10 day not 12.  

1 minute ago, kstetser said:

You think there is any chance Eclipse will be revolutionized during the down time or is that just way too much money to spend right now?

All Revolution projects are put on hold for the foreseeable future. My best guess is at least 2 years before any more ships are Revolutionized. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I don't have a lot of confidence there won't be more Caribbean cancelations or redeployments. In December there are 8 ships doing Caribbean sailings. 8 out of 11 ships in the fleet (minus the Galapagos ships). In January Summit drops off to do charters most of Jan and Feb.  I agree that Edge and Apex are safe, likely Equinox. I would be hesitant to book Reflection or Constellation from Tampa. Both 'unrevolutionized' ships and removing Connie would remove an entire ship from service and impact the least overall number of guests in the process. 

So, my husband and I were discussing this the other night. We are booked on a 7 day Reflection cruise in Feb 2022, can’t honestly recall if this is an FCC or L & S, or just a booking.

We would want to try to rebook on another ship with a similar itinerary. How busy do bookings look going forward. We are going to have this discussion with our TA, after we both get back from upcoming sailings. We don’t want to wait too late, although obviously if Celeb cancels we have the most options. I’m thinking if any Reflection sailings cancel this fall, that will be a bad sign. Or if they do significant lengthening of the itinerary.

Edited by cangelmd

7 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

So, my husband and I were discussing this the other night. We are booked on a 7 day Reflection cruise in Feb 2022, can’t honestly recall if this is an FCC or L & S, or just a booking.

We would want to try to rebook on another ship with a similar itinerary. How busy do bookings look going forward. We are going to have this discussion with our TA, after we both get back from upcoming sailings. We don’t want to wait too late, although obviously if Celeb cancels we have the most options. I’m thinking if any Reflection sailings cancel this fall, that will be a bad sign. Or if they do significant lengthening of the itinerary.

I’d say the pickings are getting slim for desirable itineraries and ships.

We expected our Eclipse to Australia to be cancelled, and it was today. Celebrity did not have another itinerary with Hobart so we decided to do Norwegian Fjords with Holland in June as a back up. We booked it several weeks ago, and all the Neptune Suites were already gone. We got the last Signature Suite. 

If you have a particular itinerary/ship/category that you prefer, start looking now. Everybody else who has been cancelled is already booking; however, the Caribbean may have more availability.