The Daily for Wednesday July 28, 2021

richwmn

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

You can take her off the Care list and after her treatment I’ll let you know and she can be on the celebration list. 😊

I'll leave her on for one more day.

Roy

• Like 8

3 hours ago, atexsix said:

Good Morning daily family,

Thoughts and prayers kindly requested for Dear Dad who lost his eldest son and I a good friend, unexpectedly to heart failure yesterday afternoon.  Dear Dad and his son Michael are my family that I unofficially adopted and grew to love as my own 8 years ago.  They tried frantically to save him, his wife, an RN, performed CPR and revived him twice, and paramedics continued CPR all the way to the hospital, but unfortunately they couldn't save him.  He was 55.

Nothing worse than getting "that" infamous phone call, I'm sure a lot of you can relate.  

Bruno

Oh Bruno, I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

• Like 7

My condolences to @kazu, @Hflorsand @atexsixand thanks to all who make this a positive daily read.  A bit hot today for beef stew (a favorite meal),  I would love some chocolate and while not much a of a wine drinker, a Willamette Valley wine might be the drink for this evening.  We have a Statewide Flex Alert (voluntary electricity conservation) from 4-9 today,  so we will open the doors and windows, keep the lights low, and manage with cold supper. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! A salute to Buffalo Soldiers, and thanks @puppycanducruise for telling us their background. I didn’t know. Nature Conservation and Milk Chocolate are both important to the basic survival of the human species, I believe. 
We both love beef stew, but we’re under a heat advisory again so I’ll leave it for another time. And of course, you had me at Willamette Valley Pinot Noir.

We go to Takoradi on the 2022 Grand Africa, so the pictures are much appreciated! @smitty34877fingers crossed that Miss Camilla goes home today! It’s a nervous time for Mom, but they will all be so happy to be home.

Thank you all so much for this caring, sheltering space and positive feedback on my posts. I posted that picture of the Queen Anne’s Lace dyed silk on a botanical print group I belong to. Most of the comments were very positive. However, two ladies are upset with me for not providing the Latin name and full description of the plant I used, and won’t let up. The page does not require this information, and very few posters include it. I’m not sure what their problem is, or why they singled out my post, but they are egging each other on. What should have been a happy moment is leaving me feeling a little battered right now. I truly appreciate moving back here where it’s safe and being handed a virtual glass of Pinot Noir.

Anyway, Happy Wednesday as we follow the journey of the first BHB to return to Alaska.

158DD9E5-7093-4E4A-A497-D21198B0F12C.thumb.jpeg.ce88d0d25342182a0648e4bb49625e6f.jpeg

Well we loved it!  I reckon to think that that they’re just jealous.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Bruno  So sorry for your loss.  Prayers for Dear Dad and Michael's family.

@kazuVery sorry to hear about your BFF's husband.  Positive thoughts headed his way.

@smitty34877Hope Camilla got to go home today.  Please keep us posted.

@cat shepardEnjoying your Iceland travel posts. You are a trooper to have done the trip after your accident. It's a beautiful country.   I am jealous you got to try a hot dog.  We didn't have the opportunity.

@Horizon chaser 1957Your work is beautiful, and I don't care what the names are. You are very talented.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, atexsix said:

@StLouisCruisers

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Bruno's friendly face restored

Better?

I recognize you again, Lol!  Whichever photo you want to display is fine with me.  Today @lindalerchanged her photo and it took me a minute to recognize it was her.  Creature of habit, I guess.  But sometimes change is good.😁

• Like 4

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I recognize you again, Lol!  Whichever photo you want to display is fine with me.  Today @lindalerchanged her photo and it took me a minute to recognize it was her.  Creature of habit, I guess.  But sometimes change is good.😁

I never thought of that, but you're right, if you suddenly changed your picture I might pass over your posts not knowing it was you.  Perhaps consistency is better for all of us.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, kazu said:

For those of you that don’t follow the Future Cruise Listing, Helen (Hflors) posted yesterday to cancel her cruise due to the death of her husband on July 14th.  Our prayers for her and him 🙏🏻 

I am going to ask everyone for prayers for my BFF’s husband who is in intensive care in the hospital.  He fell and has broken 4 ribs and has a brain bleed 😢. They are not part of CC so don’t have to be on the Care list.  I am very worried about him and her.  Of course, I can’t visit or keep her company while she sits at his side because of dam covid.

🙏🙏🙏 Prayers for both Hflors and family, and your BFF and her DH. 🙏🙏🙏

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, atexsix said:

Good Morning daily family,

Thoughts and prayers kindly requested for Dear Dad who lost his eldest son and I a good friend, unexpectedly to heart failure yesterday afternoon.  Dear Dad and his son Michael are my family that I unofficially adopted and grew to love as my own 8 years ago.  They tried frantically to save him, his wife, an RN, performed CPR and revived him twice, and paramedics continued CPR all the way to the hospital, but unfortunately they couldn't save him.  He was 55.

Nothing worse than getting "that" infamous phone call, I'm sure a lot of you can relate.  

Bruno

Oh Bruno, I’m so sorry! 😢 Hugs to you both. Prayers to your brother’s wife and family. 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 4