Celebrity edge has 1 vaccinated pax test positive

23 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

They should wear masks and rubber gloves and maybe a hazmat suit everywhere on the ship.

Small cases popping up will be Routine for while, CV+ happens and they are flown home. Ship and rest of passengers sail on... But if a Passenger comes up Positive on my Cruise just Quarantine me in my Aft/Corner Jr Suite Cabin for extra 3 weeks, I'll be fine...

• Like 10
  • Haha 5

So what? Its going to happen,thats why the protocols are in place and they worked. End of story. Its a non story… If you arent prepared to have positives on your cruise then I dont know what to tell you. Hibernate in a room. Time to live with covid and move on. Life is short. Enjoy it while you can. In that vlog he also went on to say protocols worked as they should. Non issue

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 14

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

What caused them to test a vaccinated passenger?

Just because you got vaccinated does not mean you’re not getting Covid.  You can still get it and transfer to unvaccinated people.

• Like 1

Just now, James4me said:

Just because you got vaccinated does not mean you’re not getting Covid.  You can still get it and transfer to unvaccinated people.

That isn't my point.  There must have been a reason to test a vaccinated person, because on the sailings out of Florida, vaccinated passengers are not tested.

I am curious why this person was.

BTW transmission from a vaccinated person to an unvaccinated is extremely rare, but is a good reason not to have unvaccinated on the ship.

• Like 11

49 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Small cases popping up will be Routine for while, CV+ happens and they are flown home. Ship and rest of passengers sail on... But if a Passenger comes up Positive on my Cruise just Quarantine me in my Aft/Corner Jr Suite Cabin for extra 3 weeks, I'll be fine...

I feel the same as you, but I think they move you to a different cabin in their quarantine area that I have heard on other ships is near the medical center on lower decks.

14 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

That isn't my point.  There must have been a reason to test a vaccinated person, because on the sailings out of Florida, vaccinated passengers are not tested.

BTW transmission from a vaccinated person to an unvaccinated is extremely rare, but is a good reason not to have unvaccinated on the ship.

Wearing a Band they were not supposed to?

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I feel the same as you, but I think they move you to a different cabin in their quarantine area that I have heard on other ships is near the medical center on lower decks.

Yeah that won't work for me. Maybe my Crown and Anchor status will help make it happen... But no wasn't saying I have CV, like pre Vaccince when we all had Quarantine for 3 weeks if exposed. Though now us Fully Vaccinated even if a passenger is CV they leave the Ship but we get to stay for rest of the Cruise with no Quarantine required

Edited by ONECRUISER

6 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

We know several vaccinated friends who know have COVID again. The reason why they will start soon with boosters.

We are talking about boosters and the poor Canadians can't even get two doses of the same vaccine.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

We are talking about boosters and the poor Canadians can't even get two doses of the same vaccine.

Well, we could probably get the same dose now.  But that's a very recent development, like in the last week or two, and most of us were already fully vaccinated by then.

We're actually kind of swimming in vaccines at this point, much like the US.  The problem was that much of the supply came all at once, especially Moderna.  Most people had Pfizer for the first dose, because we were getting a reasonably steady supply of Pfizer from Europe all along.  But when the US finally relaxed export controls, we got a huge supply of Moderna in a very short window, and that happened to coincide with a temporary disruption in the Pfizer supply.  So Moderna was what we had, and here we are.

Your point is still very valid though.  In much of the world people still can't get one dose, let alone three.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Yes I'm wondering why they were tested if vaccinated.

1 hour ago, work4cruising said:

Yes I'm wondering why they were tested if vaccinated.

Per the report in the video, the person was feeling-cold-like symptoms and went to the medical center on board.  That person was tested right there and showed positive results.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, my understanding is that the person voluntarily went to the medical center on their own volition.  The medical staff probably had orders to test absolutely anyone who had so much as a sniffle.  And this is why.  Like others said, one person does not an outbreak make.  The protocols worked as expected.

• Like 4