Now need a test EVEN if vaccinated!

6 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Are we talkin beer boys and guns???

you are so sheltered down there on your mountain.  I am thinking they are saying what they typed.  You can google it.  I am guessing guns on a beach in Massachusetts is about as likely as a bear group on your mountain, unless your mountain is Eureka Springs.😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

you are so sheltered down there on your mountain.  I am thinking they are saying what they typed.  You can google it.  I am guessing guns on a beach in Massachusetts is about as likely as a bear group on your mountain, unless your mountain is Eureka Springs.😆

Oh no we have our own bears up here: taken last weekend!

7 24 2012 Yogi (2).jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

4 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

To avoid testing confusion, it would be so much simpler if the cruise lines would just identify what testing day goes with what embarkation day.

The is the most logical thing to do.  Therefore, that is NOT something Royal will ever do.  It just isn't in their MO!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

The is the most logical thing to do.  Therefore, that is NOT something Royal will ever do.  It just isn't in their MO!!

Agree.  I even put a slam against RCI but erased it before I posted.  We are due to sail on the 9th and were scrambling yesterday to make an appointment for our test.

We are booked on Ovation on sept 3rd.  Frustrated at those that have ability vax and don't who put us vaxxed in this position.  I am at least glad they aren't doing at Port, we are going to quarantine to be extra sure we don't test positive and are fortunate we have jobs we can work from home.  I just messaged my TA of what happens if we test positive, we didn't buy travel insurance since it was just be vaccinated, guessing that was dumb, hoping we can just get a credit and we could get  credit easily from delta.  

I think these testing protocols for vacintaed people are a deal breaker ( and an unnecessary cause of frustration) for many.

If RCL wants testing for vaccinated people then they should do the rapid test at the port prior to boarding.

Test could start at 8am ... plenty of time to test all.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

We have a Friday departure and are flying cross-country the day before. I take it Tuesday testing would be acceptable? This is for Seattle. I hate the idea that we may have to fly before we get our results back. Most places say 1-2 days for PCR results return. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

The county health authorities that actually report somewhat decent data are around 20 -25 percent vaccinated getting covid as of late July numbers. This is increasing at a fairly fast pace that was around 8 percent in May.

For other states that publish data like Utah, it's clear breakthrough cases have accelerated in the past two months. In Utah on June 2, 2021, just 27 or 8 percent of the 312 new cases in the state were breakthrough cases. As of July 26 there were 519 new cases and almost 20 percent or 94 were breakthroughs, according to state data.

In Oklahoma, where cases are up by 67 percent, state officials broke down the data to show that for residents who got Johnson & Johnson vaccine the incidents of breakthrough were greater at 160 per 100,000 people compared to 93 per 100,000 for Moderna.

Even among states that track cases closely, officials cautioned data is likely incomplete. Vaccinated people who are infected but asymptomatic are probably largely missing from statistics.

Not sure why you think 74% of new cases is the same as 20%. My point was something else is going on with that town in MA.  The numbers are extremely outside the others being reported.  It's also been known that the efficacy of J&J is lower than Moderna.  

• Like 2

I hope everyone who wants to take the rapid antigen test is planning ahead.  At least in FL, not all of the chain pharmacy locations offer this, only the PCR or another test that doesn't have "antigen" in its name, so I assume it wouldn't be accepted by the cruise line.

In my area NO Walgreens locations offer the rapid antigen test.  NONE.  Closest is in VA!

I found a CVS that does about a 45 minute drive away.

Urgent Clinics offer it, but you have to pay $125 a test.

My goodness, those who are sailing tomorrow out of FL must be scrambling!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, work4cruising said:

We are booked on Ovation on sept 3rd.  Frustrated at those that have ability vax and don't who put us vaxxed in this position.  I am at least glad they aren't doing at Port, we are going to quarantine to be extra sure we don't test positive and are fortunate we have jobs we can work from home.  I just messaged my TA of what happens if we test positive, we didn't buy travel insurance since it was just be vaccinated, guessing that was dumb, hoping we can just get a credit and we could get  credit easily from delta.  

I bought a policy about a week ago for my 9/10 departure, including Covid coverage. It was about $225 for two people. This does not include cancel for any reason since it's too close to sailing but it will cover medical, evacuation, and trip interruption. I believe RC will issue FCC (perhaps refund?) if we should test positive before sailing.

3 minutes ago, MrsB05 said:

My goodness, those who are sailing tomorrow out of FL must be scrambling!!!!!

That's on RCCL then, there's gonna be scads of passengers with this problem, especially this week's departures...they better provide testing!  It looks like we'll be having to drive to Little Rock a day early because our locals don't test either, and I'll be danged if I'm gonna pay to be.

4 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I bought a policy about a week ago for my 9/10 departure, including Covid coverage. It was about $225 for two people. This does not include cancel for any reason since it's too close to sailing but it will cover medical, evacuation, and trip interruption. I believe RC will issue FCC (perhaps refund?) if we should test positive before sailing.

I think they will issue full FCC, they are for those who aren't vaxed and decide to cancel.  So it makes sense they'd offer it to vaxed PAX who end up getting caught up in this.  I just read the likelihood of a vaxed person spreading it to an unvaxed isn't very high.  If the unvaxed have to wear masks the entire time onboard, why are we doing this?  I'm sure it's just to CYA.

8 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Could you share the name of the insurer? That would be helpful for those of us who will probably now want to get coverage for medical and evacuation, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, At Sea At Peace said:

I'm still increasing my protocols

As it should be with minimal government interference.  Provide all of the data and then we can discuss.

- The Forgotten 20

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, erber said:

Could you share the name of the insurer? That would be helpful for those of us who will probably now want to get coverage for medical and evacuation, etc.

Sure, I went with a plan with Trawick International. I found that through insuremytrip dot com. 

I searched here and found other people had bought the same policy. Hopefully this is a reputable company, though I'd much rather no one has to test it out.

• Like 1

Given that the table for CWC cancellations is a minimum of 48 hours prior to the sail date, and the testing requirement is a maximum of 72 hours prior to sail date, I think one would be safe just adding one day on to this table:

Capture.JPG

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Given that the table for CWC cancellations is a minimum of 48 hours prior to the sail date, and the testing requirement is a maximum of 72 hours prior to sail date, I think one would be safe just adding one day on to this table:

Capture.JPG

Ah, the mystery continues. Which day is midnight? 11:59pm is much clearer. Or 12:01am.

On 7/29/2021 at 4:21 PM, luckyfincruiser said:

Just saw that Royal now wants all of us vaccinated to get tested before the cruise too.  Pretty ridiculous.  And I have my PhD in Microbiology so I feel I can comfortably say that!  Cruising in two weeks.

I am okay with this protocol. Luckily, anyone that isn't, has the option of a refund. 🙂

37 minutes ago, MrsB05 said:

I think they will issue full FCC, they are for those who aren't vaxed and decide to cancel.  So it makes sense they'd offer it to vaxed PAX who end up getting caught up in this.  I just read the likelihood of a vaxed person spreading it to an unvaxed isn't very high.  If the unvaxed have to wear masks the entire time onboard, why are we doing this?  I'm sure it's just to CYA.

This entire thing is such a mess. I have to make final payment a week from Monday for my November,(L&S) cruise and wish there was a way out, but unfortunately I booked with a NRD, so I will just have to proceed and hope by then things will settle down, but if anything this is a lesson to not make any assumptions and one week before a cruise sails, everything can change overnight.  Nice that right now Royal is saying they will give a full credit if someone isn't happy with the new protocols, but that doesn't help with air and hotel reservations.

As a fully vaccinated person, I have no intentions of jumping through hoops to take a cruise and if this continues into the future, the November cruise on Oasis may be my last.

Edited by mek

10 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Ah, the mystery continues. Which day is midnight? 11:59pm is much clearer. Or 12:01am.

Midnight is defined as exactly 12 hours Post Meridian - it is neither AM nor PM, it is M, so it would be exactly when the clock strikes 2400 hours on Wednesday night. 

• Like 1