LIVE-Ovation of the Seas Simulation 7-30-21

I expect that the passenger mix with be similar to  the Allure test with a mix of travel agents, media, Royal execs, pinnacles and they may have invited some other C&A members.

Along with everyone needed to show proof of full vaccination, within 24 hours of sailing we needed to fill out a health questioner.

Masks will be required to enter the terminal.

I expect they will chose some pax to be randomly tested before boarding.

We have a 12:30 boarding appointment and my understanding is the time are enforced.

We will arrive at the pier a little early to allow time to park our car and shuttle or walk to the terminal.    

If I can figure out how to post pics from my phone I will do that as we go along.  Otherwise I will post them with my laptop from time to time. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

Enjoy your trip!!  Can you do me a huge favour and post the onboard prices for the 1 & 2 devices pages for surf & stream?

thanks!

That should be easy enough.  Since C&A benefits are not allowed, we will be purchasing a package.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, vplsh said:

Can you please check and see if there's a future cruise desk open for sales? On board Independence for a simulation cruise Sunday and thinking about booking if there is someone.

I am pretty sure they will be open.  I will check. 

Thank you for taking the time...safe and happy sailing!

Looking forward to a few things:

* Traffic into Pier 91 and embarkation.

* Test to all prior to boarding?

* DL and CL concierge. (List of bar drinks with prices.  We know the drink vouchers are for drinks $13 or less...we wanted to make sure we know what to order. 😁)

* Loyal Ambassador.

* Captain Henryk Loy onboard?

* Lastly, what is the anticipated passenger capacity for the paid sailings?

Thanks again!

*Traffic into Pier 91 was a breeze at 10:40 today.

*Embarkation was good, but didn't board til 11:30-ish as first group time slot wasn't until 12 noon. Must have SetSail doc readily available, along with passport and vax card.

*Loyalty Ambassador is Nicol Torcende.

*Interesting, the 2nd folks I met were a couple who've never cruised before!  Said they weren't sure what to do.  And several others mentioned they'd only cruise several times prior. RC probably planned it this way.

Edited by long4acruise
  • Like 4

Thanks for doing this!  I'll be on Serenade in a month, rather than Ovation, but I don't think anyone posted about their test cruise and protocols seem to be changing almost daily. 

Will really enjoy hearing about ports - what's available, what restrictions do you run into?

It looks really good, but those are odd looking clams? :classic_smile: Edit: Okay, they are New Zealand green lipped mussels. (I would prefer steamed clams :classic_biggrin:) And the crawfish look good! 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

I can easily eat 5 pounds of crawfish by myself ( yes I grew up in Louisiana). They would need an extra big pot for me . I have never seen them offered before.  

My grandma is from Baton Rouge and she would have been disappointed in these. A wee bit over cooked but yhe liquor in the heads was still good and the warm butter helped!