Updated FAQ - Covid Test Required eff 8/15

Stevanb

9 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

I just read on Yellow Fish that No Symptoms means No Testing on  her current B2B

updated:

“Just a change from what I had previously posted (which was true at the time)…in transits are now being tested in the medical center on board at 8:30am tomorrow (turnaround day).”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

updated:

“Just a change from what I had previously posted (which was true at the time)…in transits are now being tested in the medical center on board at 8:30am tomorrow (turnaround day).”

Good to know!  We are doing at B2B next month and wondered how this was going to be handled.  Thanks for the info!  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 2

On 8/13/2021 at 6:35 AM, dave_k58 said:

I wanted to know that too.  I did, see that they amended there rule slightly - took out 72 hours and kept the 3 days

Yes..72 hours is different then 3 days. 3 days before embarkation the test should be taken.

4 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

updated:

2 hours ago, dave_k58 said:

Carnival vista is now heading back to Galveston with 27 positive CovIDs on board.  26 were crew - 1 passenger.  Makes me wonder.  

Update posted above

With the rise in cases here and not many places to test the time to get results in the PCR test is 2 to 5 days.  We can't chance that and limited spots for rapid tests.  We are going to do the BinaxNOW antigen test that they use for flights.  You have an emed person watching and making sure it is all right.  According to Princess site this is acceptable and sure takes the stress out of the whole process.

6 minutes ago, udamudda said:

With the rise in cases here and not many places to test the time to get results in the PCR test is 2 to 5 days.  We can't chance that and limited spots for rapid tests.  We are going to do the BinaxNOW antigen test that they use for flights.  You have an emed person watching and making sure it is all right.  According to Princess site this is acceptable and sure takes the stress out of the whole process.

If you or anyone else is sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale there is CVS very close to the port that does the rapid tests

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

If you or anyone else is sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale there is CVS very close to the port that does the rapid tests

Thanks, but we are sailing out of Seattle and don't fly in until the day before.  

23 minutes ago, beach_fever_4ever said:

But can you get an appointment ?

Depends when you need it.

I looked this morning and Ft Lauderdale around the port area had some available. 

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing/?icid=coronavirus-lp-nav-general-testing

It changes rapidly so best to look on the site for the most up to date availability

• Like 1

Okay I live in Ft. Lauderdale and I am the one that suggested using the CVS near the port. .

Here is what I would do living and knowing this area

1. I don't know the date of your cruise HOWEVER very soon we will be going into snowbird season meaning crowds and more cruise people

2. 2 weeks ago I decided I wanted to have a test to just have the test. The earliest I could get the test is next Wed at 12:10. Having Said that I live in Lighthouse Point which is basically Pompano Beach.

3. I would start looking about 3 or 4 weeks out so you can for sure get the appt time and date you wish. They are very good about time as I have had them now 2 times and this will be my third. Each time it has only taken 15 minutes not including the waiting time for the fools that are in line with no appt and they chase them away

Here is the address 1700 S. Federal Hwy

Ft. Lauderdale, 33316

you will need the zip code to make the appt

i

Any other questions please just ask if I can answer and help I will

Kathy

Edited by rabin1
  • Like 2

On 8/11/2021 at 9:31 AM, mthomp5 said:

In my area (Portland), testing is in short supply.  I started looking into where I could go for rapid test and it looks like Walgreens is the only place but they have no appointments available. CVS doesn’t offer it in my area and Rite Aid only does PCR and they said 2-5 days for results.  I called Legacy urgent care and they told me they are not doing tests if it’s for travel since there is a shortage of tests.  Which is probably why Walgreens had no appointments whereas a week ago, they had tons.  

I sent an email to Princess asking if they could partner with a testing provider to alleviate our stress and help us to be able to cruise.

again, I’m not cruising right now and was just doing some research to find out where I can go.  I would be stressed if I were to sail this weekend.

I live in the Portland area as well.  One option is Worksite labs out by PDX. They do charge for travel testing.  Here’s the link.  https://locations.worksitelabs.com/pdx?utm_campaign=PDX&utm_source=ppc&utm_medium=SEM&utm_term=AdWords&utm_content=july2021&gclid=CjwKCAjwmeiIBhA6EiwA-uaeFaulne0KhqxfC3CvOvhtDu30iJxyU2xiZWytFPoPQ-sgaRxIwxTHdxoCHZMQAvD_BwE

3 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

Thank you!  This is a good option because it’s PCR within 12 or 24 hours.  Less stressful than having to wait the usual 2-3 days for PCR.  Noticed they are a Hawaii trusted partner too.  So I’ll keep this in mind in case Hawaii brings back the testing requirement.

Someone from the Carnival board who also lives in the Portland area recommended Quest Diagnostics.  I was able to book quite a ways out for them. It’s done at the Walmart pharmacy drive through.  And it looks like they will process it through insurance.    https://patient.questdiagnostics.com/no-cost-covid-test?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=71700000078195698&utm_content=58700006596690151&utm_term=p59624094221&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvO2IBhCzARIsALw3ASo9nvRRLZ1Jr-rpk5P4lWeWNrqaxQ7Fp9bribUKFjiqg0htubjAlYYaAsd4EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rabin1 said:

3. I would start looking about 3 or 4 weeks out so you can for sure get the appt time and date you wish.

When I made my appointment for my test on Thursday before my cruise this coming Sunday, CVS was taking appointments for just 14 days--the current day and the next 13 days. It wasn't possible to book an appointment 3 or 4 weeks out. I made my appointment 11 days ago--as soon as I could. I had tried doing it as soon as Princess announced the new testing requirements on August 9. 

48 minutes ago, geoherb said:

When I made my appointment for my test on Thursday before my cruise this coming Sunday, CVS was taking appointments for just 14 days--the current day and the next 13 days. It wasn't possible to book an appointment 3 or 4 weeks out. I made my appointment 11 days ago--as soon as I could. I had tried doing it as soon as Princess announced the new testing requirements on August 9. 

Be aware that not all of Walgreen's tests get sent to Quest Diagnostics.  I have had them send it to LabCorp and some other place in Tennessee.  Fortunately, all of my tests were returned within 72 hours for flights to Hawaii.  But...no one guarantees that turn around time anymore.

On 8/16/2021 at 8:44 PM, rabin1 said:

Is the rapid test one they cannot run out of? There have been posts (not necessarily specific to CVS) saying when they went for their test the location had run out of the type test needed.

If there is any chance they could run out of the test, a backup plan for this last minute test is needed.

31 minutes ago, caribill said:

Is the rapid test one they cannot run out of? There have been posts (not necessarily specific to CVS) saying when they went for their test the location had run out of the type test needed.

If there is any chance they could run out of the test, a backup plan for this last minute test is needed.

Most airports have a rapid test (that you will have to pay for when registering).  With demand as high as it is (work, school, travel, infections) I would not wait until the day of boarding to get a test.  That's coast to coast.  Even one site in Hawaii ran out of 500 tests today and that was not the rapid tests either.  Unless this latest phase 4 peaks soon, tests will be hard to get.  Test in the morning/Test early.

1 hour ago, caribill said:

I have no clue. My best idea would be for someone to make a phone call and ask. Also to the person who was questioning me when I said 3 or 4 weeks to try and make an appt that was just an idea. I am not CVS so i don;t know. When I get a post like that post I wonder sometimes why I even try to help or suggest. There always has to be someone to question every little word or thought. I should never have suggested or tried to help. I am sorry. Oh and I have a backup plan but don;t want to be questioned for what I say

Caribill to me you are a wonder to me always trying to help are you a Genie in a bottle................lol

Edited by rabin1

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Most airports have a rapid test (that you will have to pay for when registering).  With demand as high as it is (work, school, travel, infections) I would not wait until the day of boarding to get a test.  That's coast to coast.  Even one site in Hawaii ran out of 500 tests today and that was not the rapid tests either.  Unless this latest phase 4 peaks soon, tests will be hard to get.  Test in the morning/Test early.

You probably mean most large airports. I doubt my small airport has these. I doubt any airports in my state have these.

4 hours ago, rabin1 said:

I have no clue. My best idea would be for someone to make a phone call and ask. Also to the person who was questioning me when I said 3 or 4 weeks to try and make an appt that was just an idea. I am not CVS so i don;t know. When I get a post like that post I wonder sometimes why I even try to help or suggest. There always has to be someone to question every little word or thought. I should never have suggested or tried to help. I am sorry. Oh and I have a backup plan but don;t want to be questioned for what I say

I did not mean to suppress your urge to help. I was just trying to provide additional info so that someone isn't wondering why they can't book 3 or 4 weeks ahead of time on the CVS website. It's great that you provided the other info for people.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

PCR test is the one they do not run out of. Just takes a swap. Rapid test takes a swap plus testing chemicals.

Edited by richmke

12 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

My local Walgreens in Ohio has drive thru; which I used in June.  You can only make appointment three days out.  They don't allow you to make an appointments weeks ahead.

Same here, online reservations for tomorrow or the next day only. Has anybody taken the the Rapid Diagnostic (ID-NOW) at a Walgreens? Not sure, if this is a rapid PCR or Antigen test? If so how was it for return of results speed.

Doing a s to s from Fort Lauderdale leave a princess ship Dec. 4 board a Holland ship Dec 5th. The way it stands now we will need a test to board Holland. I am aware of the CVS and various clinics in FLL where one can receive a rapid test. What I would like to know if any one else has encountered this and if one could get tested on Princess before leaving the ship to satisfy the three day rule for Holland. I am waiting to contact both cruise lines at the moment, as this may be a moot point by the end of Oct. If you can give a definite answer it will be appreciated, I am not looking for guesses or speculation. Not to sound snarky but it sometimes seems like some like to reply to a post with useless info so as to up their number of post's, thank you.

• Like 1