Do you really believe domestic cruising will start in 2022???

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

The last sentence.

"Barrie Cassidy wrote: “Has anybody yet picked up on the fact that the premiers are now leading the country? And just as well.”

So true.

• Like 1

All I will say is they are meant to serve the people.... and they have somewhat failed...

After all this time.. they have learnt little...

and think of the poor communities living on state borders.....

this say it all....

each state is doing their own thing...

and think about why they are.... 

( we are all in this together... I don't think so )

It is the whole vibe.... our people on the hill can't not be trusted.....

Well that about it... I can see this disappearing.. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Maybe something, maybe nothing, but we know what level of corruption and incompetence we are getting right now. Why would anybody want to vote for that?

We only know what the media tell us.

17 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I'm not sure we can blame the media for a lack of proper quarantine facilities.

No but they can certainly print “ untruths” or biased reporting which can influence what happens. We only know what they tell us and they are loving all this as people are reading / watching in massive numbers ,so keep it going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Maybe something, maybe nothing, but we know what level of corruption and incompetence we are getting right now. Why would anybody want to vote for that?

Are we getting a level of corruption? Whether or not we are getting a level of incompetence is a matter of opinion.

6 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Are we getting a level of corruption? Whether or not we are getting a level of incompetence is a matter of opinion.

It's maybe not worth mentioning the small stuff like $400 million car parks, or amazingly favourable property valuations for LNP mates with airport land, but probably the most blatant example of corruption was Robodebt.

This was an attack on the most vulnerable in our society using a flawed and later shown to be fraudulent basis. The corruption is because they knew they were hurting people, they knew the basis for their action was false and they continued doing it even after getting legal advice that it was unlawful.

This led to harm for many powerless people which makes the damage of the so-called Pink Batts scandal pale by comparison, but nobody answered for it. Especially not the Minister for Social Services who introduced the scheme in the 2015 budget, one Scott Morrison.

As for incompetence, I would have thought the farcical bushfire response, the botched vaccine rollout, and the virtually nonexistent Federal quarantine system were pretty self evident.

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 3

My apologies for the triple post. I'm going to blame the lousy internet connection in the small, rural town where we are in our motor home. 

I appreciate the different perspectives here. I love to learn from others. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

It's maybe not worth mentioning the small stuff like $400 million car parks, or amazingly favourable property valuations for LNP mates with airport land, but probably the most blatant example of corruption was Robodebt.

This was an attack on the most vulnerable in our society using a flawed and later shown to be fraudulent basis. The corruption is because they knew they were hurting people, they knew the basis for their action was false and they continued doing it even after getting legal advice that it was unlawful.

This led to harm for many powerless people which makes the damage of the so-called Pink Batts scandal pale by comparison, but nobody answered for it. Especially not the Minister for Social Services who introduced the scheme in the 2015 budget, one Scott Morrison.

As for incompetence, I would have thought the farcical bushfire response, the botched vaccine rollout, and the virtually nonexistent Federal quarantine system were pretty self evident.

I still find it difficult to understand the level of misuse of public money by the current Federal Govt.  They have no shame!  What a difference in my lifetime. Remember Federal Politicians who resigned for not declaring coloured TVs brought in to the country?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

And now vulnerable people are having to pay back erroneous Jobkeeper payments while big buisinesses who made huge profits during that time get to keep their payments, as well as getting away with paying bugger all tax.

• Like 2

On 8/15/2021 at 12:29 AM, portcbob said:

Hi 

Have 2 cruises booked in May & October, 2022 and don't believe either will go 

What are your thoughts 

I’ve just booked January 2024 on Regent. Chances of that cruise, anyone? Hey, you upstairs!!! - will you “allow” my life to continue at that point?! No wonder they made marihuana legal - like in Russian song - “Let it be, in order to put blue feelings away, I will drink up as a swine and drown myself…”

Edited by kirtihk

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And now vulnerable people are having to pay back erroneous Jobkeeper payments while big buisinesses who made huge profits during that time get to keep their payments, as well as getting away with paying bugger all tax.

Not to mention the couple of other sports grants and travel rorts that have occurred with the adman in charge

39 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Not to mention the couple of other sports grants and travel rorts that have occurred with the adman in charge

All of a sudden we've gone from politicians having to resign when caught out doing something like that, to it being brushed under the table and treated as a non-event. It's a real worry. 😡

12 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Scruples have gone, as has the pub test or any moral/ ethical  thought, they just claim it is legal ( even when it wasn't) and carry on with the next thing.

Exactly. 

And when their mistakes affect the public they just tell us to suck it up and live with it.

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Scruples have gone, as has the pub test or any moral/ ethical  thought, they just claim it is legal ( even when it wasn't) and carry on with the next thing.

Read an article that NSW Parliament is installing a $63000 frosted door so they can have a beer in private🙄. Don't know if it is true but my expectations of our pollies are so low I can believe they would come up with such a tone deaf idea😒

• Haha 1