BinaxNow Covid-19 Ag test card review and info

Smmessineo

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

They may be asking the test taker to 'fess up to anything visible in the positive position that might not show up well in the video.  Even the faintest of lines is counted as a positive test.

If that's the case, a lot of people may not be able to see more than 1 pink line.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 12:05 PM, MartinsCruise said:

Sorry to take so long with my response.  We're onboard now and I'm just catching up with my emails.  He did need his own account because my account is tied to my name so it wouldn't allow him to do the test unless he signed in using his own account.  

We purchased our tests from emed before Celebrity made them available but they should all work the same.

You have been very helpful.  When you say he needed his own account, was that his own emed account or his own Navica account or both?  Also, is there a way to download the Navica app to the laptop or do you just download it to your phone and then just use the login that you created there?  Thanks so much if you get a chance to answer these questions.

On 9/25/2021 at 3:04 PM, defiant said:

OMG OMG, we got two test kits a week before we were going to cruise. My brothers test went without a hitch.

I went to do mine. Tried to put the 6 drops into the upper window and found the bottle was completely dry. Telehealth person saw my panicking and then caught on that I tried to switch to my brothers bottle and invalidated the test.

Then spent hours on hold with R/C and kit maker and pretty much told I am SOL.

Then the mass panic trying to find a place last evening how was willing to do a quick test and was turned away at each location.

I got an appointment today a a walk-in medi center were you pay 150 bucks for a quick PCR test and I am good to go.

I would highly recommend anyone who order these test to get at least 2 backup one. Sure your will wasting money but if you went through what I did after last night and the past 19 months it will be well worth it.

Agree. On the YouTube video of a guy showing us how to do the test, he knocked his test card on the floor after putting the drops in and had to use another test kit. He’d ordered 10. I ordered 3 for the three of us cruising in Nov 2021 and will order another 1 or 2 as a back up Just In Case!

den

35 minutes ago, turquoisewater said:

You have been very helpful.  When you say he needed his own account, was that his own emed account or his own Navica account or both?  Also, is there a way to download the Navica app to the laptop or do you just download it to your phone and then just use the login that you created there?  Thanks so much if you get a chance to answer these questions.

The emed account already had both our names on it because I listed them when I first ordered the sets so there was just one log on.  I wasn't able to set up the Navica app on my laptop so we each set up our individual accounts on our phones.  When we each logged onto emed, we were directed to Navica where we could enter our own logins.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Can you give unused/unopened test kits to someone not listed on your original eMed request? We are thinking it would be good to take our extras after our own tests in case someone on our roll call arrives in Ft L and has problems with an appt being cancelled, etc.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Can you give unused/unopened test kits to someone not listed on your original eMed request? We are thinking it would be good to take our extras after our own tests in case someone on our roll call arrives in Ft L and has problems with an appt being cancelled, etc.

Yes you can do this. I used a kit ordered by another person who used their own name for the order. I was just on the Liberty test cruise for Royal and somebody brought their extras to sell at cost for those who needed it. Great idea as a couple people had done the PCR test and had not received their results in time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

Yes you can do the test on your laptop. I speak from experience 🙂

I've only seen a phone demo.  Without a separable web cam, how did you manage the whole aiming process?  Lay the kit in front of the keyboard and tip the lid, or ???

1 minute ago, canderson said:

I've only seen a phone demo.  Without a separable web cam, how did you manage the whole aiming process?  Lay the kit in front of the keyboard and tip the lid, or ???

My webcam is built into my laptop. I set the laptop up about 1-2 feet away from me so that the camera would show most of me and the kit. At times the camera only picked up the kit and my arms/chest, not my face, but that didn't seem to matter. They wanted to see my face to verify my identity at the beginning and when I was swabbing my nose. I just tilted the lid of the laptop up or down depending on what they wanted to see. Also some others mentioned they put their laptop on a stack of books which helps with making sure everything is in the frame. I'll try that next time around.

One extra tip, make sure you are well lit. That helps the camera read the QR code and helps the camera focus when you show your ID.

I ordered the 2 pack kit from Optum on September 23.  My credit card was charged immediately but I still have not received an email saying they were shipped.  So now I am wondering where they are.  I also wish I had read up on these tests prior to ordering.  I would have just ordered the 6 pack kit directly from emerging and not Optum. 

I wish we had 72 hours prior to get the testing done.  This just adds more stress than it's worth.  

1 hour ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

Yes you can do the test on your laptop. I speak from experience 🙂

Thanks so much, Tinkbell87!  Now I just have to figure out how to turn on my camera.  Or does it automatically turn on once on the app?  (Old lady here!  Not familiar with camera on laptop since I've never used it!)

2 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Thanks so much, Tinkbell87!  Now I just have to figure out how to turn on my camera.  Or does it automatically turn on once on the app?  (Old lady here!  Not familiar with camera on laptop since I've never used it!)

No problem! They control all of that for you. The only thing you might have to do is adjust the volume to hear them better.

6 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

when you go through the process with the proctor, your device will ask you to allow access to the camera for the proctor.  You don't need to "turn it on" per se.

4 minutes ago, The_Mac said:

They are not printed on the kits.  read below.

https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/files/Extended-ExpirationSCRTECHS-0384-v2-D-NOW-COVID-19-Cat-No-190-000-Test.pdf

When the proctor scans the barcode, they will know the new exp date.

Yeah, I thought maybe the udpated date would be added to kit box but the new date is not on the kit.  

How many different people can use the 6-pack of kits?  We are a family of 4, so I am hoping to order a 6 pack and have 1 for each family member and 2 extras just in case of mistakes.  I read somewhere on these boards that you can only use the 6 pack for a max of 3 people (I guess you have to put the names of the users in when you make the purchase?)  Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!