BinaxNow Covid-19 Ag test card review and info

Smmessineo

1 hour ago, robinsra said:

Which NAVICA app do you down load? Is that information given to you when you get the kit?

Getting mine today or tomorrow hopefully

Thanks

This is what the app looks like. Once you download the app and create your account through the app, you click "I have a test" and it will walk you through the process.

image.png.77a53f11d4299a53c8bee89e32bd44c1.png

Edited by Tinkbelle87

For anyone who has taken the test:  if we want to test ourselves but do not need documentation, can you do the test without a proctor? The results can be read on the test card directly, if I understand the procedure?

Edited by mayleeman

19 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

For anyone who has taken the test:  if we want to test ourselves but do not need documentation, can you do the test without a proctor? The results can be read on the test card directly, if I understand the procedure?

There are much cheaper non-telemed options at your pharmacy or even Walmart. This test is 3x the price of what you need and it's the same test.

Edited by RichYak
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, RichYak said:

There are much cheaper non-telemed options at your pharmacy or even Walmart. This test is 3x the price of what you need and it's the same test.

I know that, but I already have extras because of buying the 6 pack. When we ordered, it said you can return if  unopened, but the package itself says no way. We just might want a test result for our own peace of mind before or after being in a possible exposure setting (like Christmas). With the short exp date (Feb), we are unlikely to need a documented test before they get wasted. We are flying to Hawaii in Dec but this test is not valid for that (Abbott is not one of their "trusted partners").

Edited by mayleeman

On 9/5/2021 at 9:59 AM, Mark_T said:

A lot of the people who work for these remote proctoring services are in countries where the traditional US holidays are not celebrated anyway, so it tends not to be a problem.

Jonnathan, the retreat host on Solstice was working for Abbott when he was home in the Philippines during the lockdown.     He said watching people swab their nose 8 hours a day was "interesting".  

He said he was able to work from home and at least have a job while off the ship.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 9:52 AM, RichYak said:

I believe they are different.      I have the non-telemed version and when I looked at the AG test there is a little bottle of some type of reagent for the proctored than the ones in the store.    Also the extra fee is to pay for the proctor service.

image.jpeg.53cdab4025d7cafba0bbc2db28b48d34.jpeg

The BinaxNow kit doesn't have the reagent

image.jpeg.e2189f6b892c1f74fa3c7dc51cedd6ae.jpeg

• Like 1

I have some Binax NOW COVID-19 AgCard Home Test test kits with a factory date of 12/20/2020.  How do I find out the expiration date.  I see a little hourglass with date of 9-6-2021.  Is this the expiration date and is it extended or what phone number do I call to find out the correct expiration date

4 minutes ago, joetop2467 said:

I have some Binax NOW COVID-19 AgCard Home Test test kits with a factory date of 12/20/2020.  How do I find out the expiration date.  I see a little hourglass with date of 9-6-2021.  Is this the expiration date and is it extended or what phone number do I call to find out the correct expiration date

There should be a QR code on the pack, try checking that for the revised date....

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe they are different.      I have the non-telemed version and when I looked at the AG test there is a little bottle of some type of reagent for the proctored than the ones in the store.    Also the extra fee is to pay for the proctor service.

image.jpeg.53cdab4025d7cafba0bbc2db28b48d34.jpeg

The BinaxNow kit doesn't have the reagent

image.jpeg.e2189f6b892c1f74fa3c7dc51cedd6ae.jpeg

Jim, I've taken the BinaxNOW test. It does contain drops (see the image below) and seems to work the exact same way. The only difference I can see is the Rx telemed call.

binaxnow.JPG

6 minutes ago, joetop2467 said:

What do I do with the QR code. I see it there. I took a picture of it but I just got a picture of it. 

What type of mobile phone do you have? It should have a QR reader as either a separate app or built into the camera app. In the latter case, don't take a photo, let the app focus on the QR code and it will bring up a link.

• Like 1

Let us know what you find out. There is a copy of an FDA letter that you can find on the eMed website. According to the letter, expiration dates are extended to a total of 12 months. If that is correct, then your expiration date should be around December 20, 2021.

Tom & Judy

1 hour ago, joetop2467 said:

Thanks.  I learned something new.  I got to the website but still don’t have my answer as to expiration date. I did get a phone number and am currently on hold.  

1 hour ago, TFree said:

Let us know what you find out. There is a copy of an FDA letter that you can find on the eMed website. According to the letter, expiration dates are extended to a total of 12 months. If that is correct, then your expiration date should be around December 20, 2021.

Tom & Judy

Here’s some info on expiration dates

FDA letter:

https://www.emed.com/hubfs/EUA-abbott-binaxNOW-Rev-2021-04-06.pdf?hsLang=en

Lot numbers:

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/binax-now/COVID-19-Ag-Card-Product-Expiry-Update.pdf

5 hours ago, joetop2467 said:

What do I do with the QR code. I see it there. I took a picture of it but I just got a picture of it. 

Try checking your settings and make sure QR is turned on.

When I got my Covid shop I tried to scan a QR code to scheduled my second shot.    It wouldn't work so they gave me a short URL to type in.

When I got home I googled and it said iPhone had done an update and the QR was shut off by default.   Turned it on and it works.

When you view (not take a picture) a URL pops up on the top of the screen.   Just click it and it opens your browser and goes to site.

On Iphone

Settings -  Privacy - Camera - QR Code   --- click to make sure it is on and green

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

Jim, I've taken the BinaxNOW test. It does contain drops (see the image below) and seems to work the exact same way. The only difference I can see is the Rx telemed call.

binaxnow.JPG

Thanks.... I've not opened mine yet.    That picture doesn't show that little dropper bottle like the other test so thought  it wasn't included.   

I'm on the 9/5 cruise and will pre-test at about 3 days prior to end of the cruise before being officially tested for the B2B.  

I just opened the kit and they have little dropper bottles --

448E4CC6-34CE-47BA-9B27-DAD98B46DBFE.thumb.jpeg.bb73a58e0c16828d292cafa8f42beeaf.jpeg

9262D832-A3C4-41DA-B318-2084835EF765.thumb.jpeg.b68c2198c4c5281dc3f092785b9e6044.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

39 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

On Iphone

Settings -  Privacy - Camera - QR Code   --- click to make sure it is on and green

Jim, that may vary with the model and iOS release. I have an iPhone 7+ running the most recent version, iOS 14.7.1, and getting to the QR setting is a bit different. And a bit more intuitive IMO:

Settings > Camera > QR Code

5 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Jim, that may vary with the model and iOS release. I have an iPhone 7+ running the most recent version, iOS 14.7.1, and getting to the QR setting is a bit different. And a bit more intuitive IMO:

Settings > Camera > QR Code

Probably easiest to just search on QR Code under settings -  I'm on an Iphone 12 Pro Ma with 14.7.1 so may be the model.   

Just got an e-mail from Celebrity for out 9/17 cruise they have this link to order the Home Test -  The choices are a 2 each kit or a 3 each kit.    Free Expedited Shipping

https://store.optum.com/celebrity-cruises  

Jim, are you pretesting yourself?  You'll be officially tested on Deck 14 forward on the 16th in the afternoon/evening.  

Just got an e-mail from Celebrity for out 9/17 cruise they have this link to order the Home Test -  The choices are a 2 each kit or a 3 each kit.    Free Expedited Shipping

https://store.optum.com/celebrity-cruises  

There is no difference between the link Celebrity provides and going to Optum directly, except for the cruise line logo and perhaps a referral kickback.

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/

• Like 1