BinaxNow Covid-19 Ag test card review and info

Smmessineo

I just ordered the 6 pack this morning at 10….just got an email at 2 pm that they would be delivered tomorrow afternoon.  Do you need to sign for them?  I’ll be keeping a sharp eye out as I know they shouldn’t be left outside…just wondered if a signature was required.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I just ordered the 6 pack this morning at 10….just got an email at 2 pm that they would be delivered tomorrow afternoon.  Do you need to sign for them?  I’ll be keeping a sharp eye out as I know they shouldn’t be left outside…just wondered if a signature was required.

I received my 6 pack last week via FedEx and no signature was required.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

That was fast.  I ordered ours from emed yesterday morning and have only received an email that our order has been approved but not shipped yet.  

5 hours ago, Smmessineo said:

I took the test Wednesday for a Saturday cruise. You take the test at home, with a supervisor watching you by vudeo. So you see the results yourself, they develop over 15 minutes and you show the supervisor your card and confirm the results with them. It looks like an at home pregnancy test, one pink stripe negative , two pink stripes positive. The test supervisor immediately sends official confirmation of results to the Navica app and your email. 

If you get a chance, follow the links other people have posted here that show the process. That will explain it better than i can.

Thanx, I saw a video and appears that the test was conducted by someone in the Philippines, there was a delay in the video transmission and communication.

Overall the process we smooth, as far as I can tell.

I ordered tests on Thursday and they were delivered today even though I paid extra to FedEx to deliver them tomorrow. They have been sitting outside now for 4 hours and I won’t be home for 3 more hours. I’m worried they will be ruined.

We did our tests this morning.  Each test (there are 2 of us) took no more than 45 minutes from start to finish. We started with our two tests at 8 am and were completely done, with results emailed to us by 9:35 am.   Got our negative results and have printed them out.  This test, taken right from my house, was perfect.  So glad Smmessineo posted about this method of testing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jcpc said:

We did our tests this morning.  Each test (there are 2 of us) took no more than 45 minutes from start to finish. We started with our two tests at 8 am and were completely done, with results emailed to us by 9:35 am.   Got our negative results and have printed them out.  This test, taken right from my house, was perfect.  So glad Smmessineo posted about this method of testing.

Interesting.    I had not read of them doing both swab on each of you.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Interesting.    I had not read of them doing both swab on each of you.

Jim,

I'm not sure what you mean.  Maybe I was not clear.

Two of us had to be tested.  We each did 1 test.  Each test was a separate session.  I went first - it took less than 45 minutes.  My friend then logged on to her account Navica account (from my laptop at my house) and she took her test.

I am sorry if I was unclear in the way I posted this.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jcpc said:

Jim,

I'm not sure what you mean.  Maybe I was not clear.

Two of us had to be tested.  We each did 1 test.  Each test was a separate session.  I went first - it took less than 45 minutes.  My friend then logged on to her account Navica account (from my laptop at my house) and she took her test.

I am sorry if I was unclear in the way I posted this.

I thought that @jcpc was perfectly clear.

We ordered a set of six on Saturday, and they were delivered yesterday afternoon.  I was home when FedEx delivered, but no signature required.

• Like 1

I am flying into FLL TWO days before my cruise. My problem is that the airline has changed my flight to a 5:30 am departure. I have ordered the 6 pack home test to have the monitored test. Now that Celebrity has changed to a two day test requirement, I am concerned  about the timing of my test. I certainly do not want to fly to FLL before receiving a negative result.  If I do the test around 2 or 3am, is the testing date going to register MY Eastern Coast time, or could it possibly register a time (previous day) where the proctor may be located?  I am hoping that someone who has taken the test could possibly add some insight. 

7 minutes ago, jaimevoyager said:

I am flying into FLL TWO days before my cruise. My problem is that the airline has changed my flight to a 5:30 am departure. I have ordered the 6 pack home test to have the monitored test. Now that Celebrity has changed to a two day test requirement, I am concerned  about the timing of my test. I certainly do not want to fly to FLL before receiving a negative result.  If I do the test around 2 or 3am, is the testing date going to register MY Eastern Coast time, or could it possibly register a time (previous day) where the proctor may be located?  I am hoping that someone who has taken the test could possibly add some insight. 

When I tested, the Navica app results showed EDT , since I reside in Florida. On another "proof" they sent , through eMed, it showed UST  , which is ahead of EDT, so later that day. 

Way back at post #12 there's a photo of those results. 

4 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

When I tested, the Navica app results showed EDT , since I reside in Florida. On another "proof" they sent , through eMed, it showed UST  , which is ahead of EDT, so later that day. 

Way back at post #12 there's a photo of those results. 

Thank so so much for your prompt response. This makes me feel a lot better. I figured the worst that would happen is that I packed two more of my tests and tested “negative again” in Florida. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

A question for everyone that has just received their tests from eMed.  What is the expiration date of your tests?  I have heard some complaints that the tests expire quickly.

We got a 6 pack from emed earlier this week.  It shows an expiration date of Oct 5 but it's extended by three months until Jan 5.  I called to verify this.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

We got a 6 pack from emed earlier this week.  It shows an expiration date of Oct 5 but it's extended by three months until Jan 5.  I called to verify this.

Thanks.  I have a cruise at the end of October and at the end of January and I was hoping a 6-pack could handle both cruises.  It sounds like I should wait a while before ordering.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Thanks.  I have a cruise at the end of October and at the end of January and I was hoping a 6-pack could handle both cruises.  It sounds like I should wait a while before ordering.

We also have a Oct and late January  cruise so we are thinking we will wait to late September and hope by then they will be shipping tests that are good until early February.

On 8/25/2021 at 6:47 PM, paulh84 said:

I just used a two pack for two people this weekend. 

I just purchased the 2 pack. We will need it for 2 people. I created my account on the optum site to purchase them. Is this the account used for testing or do we create individual accounts on emed? Unfortunately I can’t open the box to look at the directions until I start the test. 

7 minutes ago, cbfb said:

I just purchased the 2 pack. We will need it for 2 people. I created my account on the optum site to purchase them. Is this the account used for testing or do we create individual accounts on emed? Unfortunately I can’t open the box to look at the directions until I start the test. 

There are a couple of YouTube  the videos out there that document the telemed testing process.  Watch one of them and I think you'll be more confident in the process.  One key is to find a position for your phone or computer that allows the observer to see both you and the test kit laying on the desk.  The observers are also not much for small talk.  Maybe just the kind of guy I am, but I would have ordered more than 2 in case there was a problem with one of the tests.  

Edited by Ipeeinthepools
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cbfb said:

You need to create an account with Navica & each person creates a separate account.  We downloaded the Navica app on our phones & created our accounts this way.  Go back to the link posted @ post #62 & there are detailed instructions on the testing process.

Edited by aly7859
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, aly7859 said:

You need to create an account with Navica & each person creates a separate account.  We downloaded the Navica app on our phones & created our accounts this way.  Go back to the link posted @ post #62 & there are detailed instructions on the testing process.

Thank you! I admit I am a worrier so figuring this out helps me sleep better before our 9/30 cruise! 

We are on the Edge 10/2/21, so we can easily do the BinaX Now Tests. Then we have a MSC Cruise

out of Miami on 10/9/21. Do you think we will have time to do another test when we arrive in port

on the EDGE by phone prior to an UBER to Miami? What do you think?

40 minutes ago, IsanTom said:

We are on the Edge 10/2/21, so we can easily do the BinaX Now Tests. Then we have a MSC Cruise

out of Miami on 10/9/21. Do you think we will have time to do another test when we arrive in port

on the EDGE by phone prior to an UBER to Miami? What do you think?

Would do the test first thing when you wake up in case there are issues or you can't reach a supervisor. 

I'd also have a list of fast test locations you could Uber to just in case. 

Some of cruise lines are working on getting private companies setup at ports to do "last resort" testing. Hopefully more options will open up.