BinaxNow Covid-19 Ag test card review and info

Smmessineo

1 hour ago, IsanTom said:

We are on the Edge 10/2/21, so we can easily do the BinaX Now Tests. Then we have a MSC Cruise

out of Miami on 10/9/21. Do you think we will have time to do another test when we arrive in port

on the EDGE by phone prior to an UBER to Miami? What do you think?

You do need a stable internet connection. Would do before you leave the Edge and if someone connects immediately when you login to start the test it should take about 20 minutes/person to complete.

Edited by aly7859
Added info

14 hours ago, Islandhop9 said:

Would do the test first thing when you wake up in case there are issues or you can't reach a supervisor. 

I'd also have a list of fast test locations you could Uber to just in case. 

Some of cruise lines are working on getting private companies setup at ports to do "last resort" testing. Hopefully more options will open up. 

Thank you!

14 hours ago, IsanTom said:

We are on the Edge 10/2/21, so we can easily do the BinaX Now Tests. Then we have a MSC Cruise

out of Miami on 10/9/21. Do you think we will have time to do another test when we arrive in port

on the EDGE by phone prior to an UBER to Miami? What do you think?

You may want to have a back-up plan as reports are that the Internet on the Edge is slow,  connection is often  lost.  
Here is a post from someone using the Stream internet

On 9/1/2021 at 11:03 AM, jcpc said:

Jim,

I'm not sure what you mean.  Maybe I was not clear.

Two of us had to be tested.  We each did 1 test.  Each test was a separate session.  I went first - it took less than 45 minutes.  My friend then logged on to her account Navica account (from my laptop at my house) and she took her test.

I am sorry if I was unclear in the way I posted this.

Thanks for clarification.     Nice to know you can share a kit. 

38 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You may want to have a back-up plan as reports are that the Internet on the Edge is slow,  connection is often  lost.  
Here is a post from someone using the Stream internet

Get up early on the last morning of the cruise.  You will be able to access internet other than the ships’.  Take your phone out of airplane mode and connect to something other than Celebrity and you should have a strong connection and hopefully no problem waiting for a proctor early in the morning.  

7 minutes ago, Taishartrueblood said:

Question:

We sail on Sept. 17, so we need to take the test Sept 15 or 16, right? It depends on when the 48 hour period starts so i am not 100% sure.

Thanks! 

Really, they don’t count the hours…just days.  If you sail on Friday, you can take the test on Wednesday or Thursday.  When we boarded Edge the countless people who looked at our test result page just checked name, day of the week and the “negative” result.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Really, they don’t count the hours…just days.  If you sail on Friday, you can take the test on Wednesday or Thursday.  When we boarded Edge the countless people who looked at our test result page just checked name, day of the week and the “negative” result.

Thanks!

I ordered the 6 pack of tests.  Will receive them Tuesday.  Our cruise isn't until 11/7.  I was not able to download the Navica app on my laptop; however, it did download on my phone.  Here's my question.  When I ordered them, I put down my information and my husband's information.  Does he have to download the Navica app on his phone or can he just use the Navica app on my phone?????

46 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

I ordered the 6 pack of tests.  Will receive them Tuesday.  Our cruise isn't until 11/7.  I was not able to download the Navica app on my laptop; however, it did download on my phone.  Here's my question.  When I ordered them, I put down my information and my husband's information.  Does he have to download the Navica app on his phone or can he just use the Navica app on my phone?????

As @helen haywood mentioned you need 2 separate Navica accounts.  I tried to share with my husband but the proctor would not allow this when we did our tests so my husband had to disconnect, create his own Navica account, then log back in to start the process again.

Edited by aly7859
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jgmorgan said:

The BiNaxNow test looks like a good solution for many.  Apologies if this has been addressed earlier, but I didn't find it.

What time of day are test observers available i.e., is there a fixed start time and closing time each day?

They are available 24/7.

4 minutes ago, jgmorgan said:

The BiNaxNow test looks like a good solution for many.  Apologies if this has been addressed earlier, but I didn't find it.

What time of day are test observers available i.e., is there a fixed start time and closing time 

Edited by okiedrifters
After posting I saw someone had just answered your question. 24/7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Back when the testing window was three days I would have needed to have a test on Thanksgiving.  So I specifically asked re that day…ie holidays and was assured twice that it was 24/7.

A lot of the people who work for these remote proctoring services are in countries where the traditional US holidays are not celebrated anyway, so it tends not to be a problem.

19 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

A lot of the people who work for these remote proctoring services are in countries where the traditional US holidays are not celebrated anyway, so it tends not to be a problem.

"Curtis" from Bangalore?  Pretty sure I've spoken with him before!🙃

2 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Could you share with the expiration date on your six pack is when you get them?  We have cruise scheduled in November, January, and February. One six pack would solve all my problems if they don't expire until February.

18 minutes ago, Mosttoyswin said:

Could you share with the expiration date on your six pack is when you get them?  We have cruise scheduled in November, January, and February. One six pack would solve all my problems if they don't expire until February.

If you don't need them until Nov, I would wait.  The ones we received last week expire on Jan 5 so they'll get us through Sept and Nov cruises but will expire before our trip to Aruba in Feb.

2 hours ago, aly7859 said:

As @helen haywood mentioned you need 2 separate Navica accounts.  I tried to share with my husband but the proctor would not allow this when we did our tests so my husband had to disconnect, create his own Navica account, then log back in to start the process again.

If he had his account set up beforehand, would they allow you to do one after the other?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

If you don't need them until Nov, I would wait.  The ones we received last week expire on Jan 5 so they'll get us through Sept and Nov cruises but will expire before our trip to Aruba in Feb.

Thanks that's exactly what I needed to know. I'll order in the October since I need them for November third and they should be good through my February 3 trip.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

If he had his account set up beforehand, would they allow you to do one after the other?

Not sure since we had to log off & set up his account before we could continue with the process.

Edited by aly7859
  • Thanks 1