BinaxNow Covid-19 Ag test card review and info

Smmessineo

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

If some who reports back on the expiration date of these kits it would be appreciated

3 pack @ $99.99   vs eMed 6 pack for $150.  

I just called eMed on Monday, and was told that if I ordered a 6 pack that day, it would (likely?) arrive with a revised expiration date of February, 2022.  I decided, in light of that, to order 4 (2 packs of 2) from Optum instead, since I will not conceivably have need for 6 before February.  The 6 pack from eMed is $150 plus tax and shipping.  The set of two 2-packs from Optum was $140 plus tax, with expedited shipping included.  They have not arrived yet; I will report the expiration date when they arrive.

Tom & Judy

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TFree said:

I just called eMed on Monday, and was told that if I ordered a 6 pack that day, it would (likely?) arrive with a revised expiration date of February, 2022.  I decided, in light of that, to order 4 (2 packs of 2) from Optum instead, since I will not conceivably have need for 6 before February.  The 6 pack from eMed is $150 plus tax and shipping.  The set of two 2-packs from Optum was $140 plus tax, with expedited shipping included.  They have not arrived yet; I will report the expiration date when they arrive.

Tom & Judy

Thanks.  A lot of us are hoping to get a little longer expiration dates.

22 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

I just received a two pack from Optum and the expiration date is February. 

i

Did you order direct vs the link from Celebrity.  On  X link the options I saw were 3 pack or 6 pack.

Does the February expiration have a specific date,  ie 2/28?  We have cruises in October , January and February so if they are good till the end of February that would be best option for us.

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

i

Did you order direct vs the link from Celebrity.  On  X link the options I saw were 3 pack or 6 pack.

Does the February expiration have a specific date,  ie 2/28?  We have cruises in October , January and February so if they are good till the end of February that would be best option for us.

I ordered directly from Optum. Expiration is 02-04-2021.

1 hour ago, TFree said:

Tom & Judy

Thanks for the info. When you ordered, did you have to register the names of the two people who will be using the kits? Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks for the info. When you ordered, did you have to register the names of the two people who will be using the kits? Thanks!

I am not positive, because I had started the order process with eMed before calling them and then switching to Optum.  I am pretty sure that eMed required me to put in the names of both of us.  I am less sure about the order from Optum.  I think maybe they did not require this.

Tom & Judy

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

When I placed my order with eMed, I was prompted to enter the names and birth dates of the people who would be using the kits (in our case myself & my DH).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

When I placed my order with eMed, I was prompted to enter the names and birth dates of the people who would be using the kits (in our case myself & my DH).

Thanks.  I recall reading that eMed does this, which is why I asked about Optum.   (When two different people are being tested, they must each create their own accounts on the NAVICA app.)

4 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Folks ordering the kits should keep in mind that it is recommended to have two kits per person, since it's possible that a test could produce an inconclusive result. 

Agree, I will always have an extra kit just in case one malfunctions or if there is a user error (me) but if you have several trips planned like we do there could be some extras.  I have 4 in the closet from the last trip.  Just hope I get to use all the kits & there are no cancellations.

• Like 2

Thanks, I found it on my phone, but not on the tablet which I checked first--its very old, looked in Playstore, but not there.  Can we both use one phone?  This whole thing is so stressful, we don't cruise till Nov, but want all my ducks in a row.   Thanks again 

16 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Excuse stupid me, but I signed us both up with emed, but when I looked in my tablet for a NAVICA app, it didn't find it. What does it look like, there are so many things with a similar name.   Thanks

I didn't see the app after ordering our tests from emed.  I searched for the app on my laptop and uploaded it on my phone.   It was very easy.

I looked on my Samsung tablet (android) and it  appears in the store and can be installed.

What type of tablet do you have?

If its really old, like you say, it may not have the necessary security features to allow install,

There is a sign-out option in the app, so you should be able to use a second account.

Edited by The_Mac

11 hours ago, TFree said:

Tom & Judy

I got the four BinaxNow Ag Card Home Test kits from the Optum Store today.  It is weird, all 4 were manufactured on 2-2-2021, and all 4 have expiration dates of 10-3-2021.  Nothing is said about the FDA extension of the expiration dates to 12 months.  If I had not been reading about this issue on Cruise Critic, I would have no way to know that the expiration date has been extended.

Tom & Judy

21 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I ordered 2 tests from Optum yesterday using the Celebrity link.  I did not have to put in the names of the individuals who would ultimately be using the test.  From what I understand from these CC posts, both individuals will need to create an account on the Navica (sp?) app when taking the test.

57 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

I ordered 2 tests from Optum yesterday using the Celebrity link.  I did not have to put in the names of the individuals who would ultimately be using the test.  From what I understand from these CC posts, both individuals will need to create an account on the Navica (sp?) app when taking the test.

Yes, from what I have read, anyone taking the test needs their own Navica account. 

27 minutes ago, silkismom said:

My tablet is a Samsung galaxy tab 4, don't remember when I got it. Great for reading ebooks, usually fine with email.

It might be that the tablet is not up to date with the latest version of Android. The Tab 4 comes with Android 4.4 installed but Android 8 is required for the Navica app. Some older tablets aren't able to update to the more recent versions of Android. You can check to see which Android version you have in your settings. On my phone it is under settings and "about phone." It should say something similar on your tablet.