BinaxNow Covid-19 Ag test card review and info

Smmessineo

I watched the video on YouTube mentioned on CC and it looked pretty straight forward to do the test but I question my ability to get it done as I am not sure I will know how to access the results, etc.  I am now trying to find a place I can get the test on a Thursday at home before I fly to FLL on Friday for the cruise on Saturday.  This has not been easy - trips to 5 sites who tell me no and one on the phone that says "just show up and you will have result in 15 minutes but it will cost $150/pp".  I have no idea what a proper printout of results should look like.  Anyone have done it by going to a site and getting it done that same day with results printed out?  Not even sure what I need to see when I get results that I know will work when we get to the ship.

I am not giving up.  I actually had to change my flight from Thursday to Friday so I can get it done before I leave but it cost for sure($397 upcharge for flight change - with waived change fee through Celebrity).  If I were not getting a complimentary cruise I really should have given this up. Even considering ordering the online testing kit to be safe.  I know - I am crazy!

You all always have good info so appreciate any response.

I have not read through every post in this topic. Wanted to weigh in as we are leaving tomorrow on Summit out of Miami. We took our Binaxnow tests yesterday. I was very anxious about the process prior to taking the test and regret the time I wasted worrying because it was an incredibly easy process. 

The proctor walks you through the process. You do have to wait 15 minutes while the test does its thing. Results were sent via email and on the APP. We printed them out too.

After our trip on Summit we have two more cruises planned in the next three months. If the pre-cruise requirement to have a COVID test remains I am no longer worried. I will gladly take the test in home with the proctor!

• Like 5

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE !!!

Please check your expiration date for your BinaxNow test kit.

Apparently, after conferring mine with Abbott, there are 3 versions.

1.Over The Counter

2. Home Test (RX)

3. Professional

Each has different expiration dates.

There are letters circulating around with lot numbers for each, I have seen letters dated April, May and September.

Please make sure first, you are using the correct test kit to cruise, Home Test/RX.

Then confirm your expiration date, better to be safe than sorry.

I would hate see someone be turned back from a cruise for using the wrong or expired test kit.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, panmalv said:

How many different people can use the 6-pack of kits?  We are a family of 4, so I am hoping to order a 6 pack and have 1 for each family member and 2 extras just in case of mistakes.  I read somewhere on these boards that you can only use the 6 pack for a max of 3 people (I guess you have to put the names of the users in when you make the purchase?)  Anyone have any experience with this?

@panmalvwe have a party of 4 traveling, and I called embed to ask if 4 people could use the 6 pack of tests. They said we could, but each person has to set up an account with emed and navica.

17 hours ago, panmalv said:

How many different people can use the 6-pack of kits?  We are a family of 4, so I am hoping to order a 6 pack and have 1 for each family member and 2 extras just in case of mistakes.  I read somewhere on these boards that you can only use the 6 pack for a max of 3 people (I guess you have to put the names of the users in when you make the purchase?)  Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

You have to put in up to three names for the six pack but anyone can use the kits. I used a kit somebody else ordered and had input their name on the order. No issues when I used the kit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

You have to put in up to three names for the six pack but anyone can use the kits. I used a kit somebody else ordered and had input their name on the order. No issues when I used the kit.

Oh, that's great news--thank you!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

Then confirm your expiration date, better to be safe than sorry.

I would hate see someone be turned back from a cruise for using the wrong or expired test kit.

This literally cant happen.

The proctor will not let you proceed if the kit is expired. 

They know when they scan the QR code to begin the process.

1 hour ago, D C said:

Has anyone "spoiled" or failed to properly complete a test that resulted in needing a backup test?

The guy on one of the videos floating around.  Also, I’ve read reports from two different posters here that their reagent bottle was empty or dried out, and another who said theirs foamed up.

10 minutes ago, turquoisewater said:

I know this is a very paranoid, crazy question but I just want to make sure.  When they tell you to not open the box when you receive it in the mail, they are not referring to the actual mailing box are they?  I am assuming I can open that box - just not the packs inside.

So, they tell you NOT TO open the box so you assume that you CAN open the box???  :classic_huh:

6 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

So, they tell you NOT TO open the box so you assume that you CAN open the box???  :classic_huh:

Every video that I have watched on the process just shows the test kits themselves that have to remain unopened.  Nobody ever shows the opening of the shipping box that contains all six so I just wanted to make sure which box they were referring to in their email.

1 minute ago, turquoisewater said:

Every video that I have watched on the process just shows the test kits themselves that have to remain unopened.  Nobody ever shows the opening of the shipping box that contains all six so I just wanted to make sure which box they were referring to in their email.

you can open the box they were shipped in, the boxes inside have the seals, open those when you do the test.  Good luck

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turquoisewater said:

LOL, now I understand. Opening the shipping box is fine. 👍

• Like 1

I hope I am overthinking this. We ordered the tests through the Celebrity link. They arrived today but do not show either RX or OTC on the box----they have a seal and a sleeve stating "Do Not Open until instructed to do so". The expiration dates are all 9/27/21 but the sleeve says the shelf life extended by 3 months so I am thinking that would make them good until 12/27/21 which works for us. I downloaded the Navica app on my phone but I would rather do the test on my laptop and (sorry I am not tech savvy) I don't know how to access my account on my laptop????