CVS, then Walgreens Cancels - 3 days out.

WeatherFx

We are scheduled out of Nassau this Saturday 09-03-2021. Originally scheduled antigen test with CVS, hour away was the closest, CVS cancelled last Thursday. Rescheduled with local Walgreens for this morning- Walgreens you can only schedule three days in advance. 8:30pm last night we get text messages that our appointments are cancelled at Walgreens - sorry for inconvenience. Spent all night trying to find alternatives. No appointments available at all local urgent-cares until Saturday. The only place that we can find to get an antigen test is at PHL international airport in the next state. Fine, we'll drive there. How do you know if RCL accepts the antigen test from the airport? Jefferson Health has partnered with Rapid Reliable Testing at PHL. They don't specify what antigen test they are giving.

I was on the fence whether or not to by the test from eMed but now I think I will to have as a back up. I hope the PHL test works for you (if it's acceptable to an airline one would presume it would be acceptable to all carriers, but that may be too much of a presumption). Good luck!

• Like 6

After reading this I just ordered the eMed proctored home tests just in case. It'll be good to test ourselves anyway since my partner has a job that requires him to travel all over the place, and then we'll have this as an option when we get close to our cruise date a little over a month from now.

Good luck! I hope the test is an acceptable one and you get negative results for everyone.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, karmamule said:

After reading this I just ordered the eMed proctored home tests just in case. It'll be good to test ourselves anyway since my partner has a job that requires him to travel all over the place, and then we'll have this as an option when we get close to our cruise date a little over a month from now.

Good luck! I hope the test is an acceptable one and you get negative results for everyone.

Same here.  We are on Allure the last week of October.  Hopefully, things will calm down a bit before then, but I don't want to take any chances of not being able to get tested.  I just ordered from eMed as well.

• Like 3

We have been seeing a surge in testing at drug store I work at and we don't seem to be getting enough tests. We also can't seem to keep the over the counter home tests in stock. I don't know what's going on but I do know that at the hospital institution that my wife works for requires a covid test to return to work after leaving the tri state area. Perhaps this now being required for other industries. Cruisers booking multiple appointments hoping that one negative result will come back in time to board the ship isn't helping the situation and is only taking a spot away from someone else.  I would be ordering those home tests that Royal Caribbean has approved and I wouldn't waste any time because it may be hard to get them if this keeps up. 

As an FYI for anyone getting tested at the airport. Find out what the hours of operation are.  My son needed to get one in Mexico in order to return to the United States. He had an 11:00 pm flight. He arrived 4 hours early only to find out that testing closed at 6:00pm.  He and his friends had to go to the hospital and pay $100 each for tests. The airport was only charging $20. I know that things may be different in Mexico but I wouldn't assume that testing in the U.S. would be available 24/7 at every airport.  My son allowed 4 hours before the flight just in case there was a long line or something like this came up.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WeatherFx said:

We are scheduled out of Nassau this Saturday 09-03-2021. Originally scheduled antigen test with CVS, hour away was the closest, CVS cancelled last Thursday. Rescheduled with local Walgreens for this morning- Walgreens you can only schedule three days in advance. 8:30pm last night we get text messages that our appointments are cancelled at Walgreens - sorry for inconvenience. Spent all night trying to find alternatives. 

I called the CVS that I am taking a test for next week, and the lady said usually cancels are not for lack of supplies but the lack of a person to open the clinic up.  If the nurse calls out sick or has a day off, they do not seem to have a backup person.  I think that is ridiculous.  I am lucky I have an urgent care nearby that will do the rapid test. 

A lot of us were taken off guard a month ago when the announced 3 days test in advance as mandatory.  That is why I think a lot of cancelled and now the FCC department is back logged.

Good luck at the airport.  As you know our airport is just lovely to deal with  .... NOT at least a lot of times especially with luggage.

• Like 1

I ordered from emed a few hours ago but still haven’t heard that it’s being sent or a confirmation email.  How long was it after you ordered that you were emailed that they were on their way?

Not in a rush just don’t want them to arrive Saturday while we are not home….

If the emed Abbot proctored tests seem like the best way to go now for an overburdened system and mass confusion and stress, I wish Royal would promote that as an option and make it absolutely clear that the home tests sold at drug stores aren't acceptable and that drugstore antigen tests or home proctored tests are the best reliable option to get quick results back, with links to ordering and scheduling. The only testing emails I receive are confusing ones to sign up for a test at the port, which only  make me angry, because I know they're available to the unvaccinated but not to me. Since so many people are canceling or being turned away at the pier now, they're losing so much money and goodwill that it would seem to make better financial sense and to attract customers from other lines by simply mailing out two emed/Abbott tests to each cruiser, just as Princess mails out their Ocean Medallions.  People having to drive to different states to get a test, relying on PCR tests that can't guarantee 3-day results, or risking the entire vacation on a test the day of a cruise isn't cruising with confidence, but with unbearable stress and uncertainty. I'm fine with the risks of Delta on a Royal ship now with distancing and low occupancy, but I'm simply not comfortable with the stress and uncertainty of the testing protocols, or of having other passengers turned away at the pier and having their vacations ruined. They'll be refunding me $1000 for a sailing this weekend, but they could have kept me by sending me a $50 emed test, or offering me an emergency backup test at the port. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I ordered from emed a few hours ago but still haven’t heard that it’s being sent or a confirmation email.  How long was it after you ordered that you were emailed that they were on their way?

We ordered from Emed Sunday night...  

Got an email asking to verify our email when we set up our account pretty quickly.     Received a "Thanks for your Order" email a couple of hours later.   

Email saying the order was approved as sent Monday morning.   

Email saying order shipped was Monday around noon.

Delivery scheduled for this afternoon  (Wednesday).

My BFF ordered from them Sunday afternoon...    hers were delivered yesterday

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

They way it went for me is, I ordered them yesterday morning around 9am.  I finally got a "thank you for your order" confirmation around 5pm.  It was approved at 8:15 am this morning and a little while ago I got a Fedex tracking number for tomorrow delivery by 8pm.    I bet you will get yours Friday

Edited by ryano
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Ordered about an hour ago, already received a confirmation email, and my CC has already been charged.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rj59 said:

If the emed Abbot proctored tests seem like the best way to go now for an overburdened system and mass confusion and stress, I wish Royal would promote that as an option and make it absolutely clear that the home tests sold at drug stores aren't acceptable and that drugstore antigen tests or home proctored tests are the best reliable option to get quick results back, with links to ordering and scheduling. The only testing emails I receive are confusing ones to sign up for a test at the port, which only  make me angry, because I know they're available to the unvaccinated but not to me. Since so many people are canceling or being turned away at the pier now, they're losing so much money and goodwill that it would seem to make better financial sense and to attract customers from other lines by simply mailing out two emed/Abbott tests to each cruiser, just as Princess mails out their Ocean Medallions.  People having to drive to different states to get a test, relying on PCR tests that can't guarantee 3-day results, or risking the entire vacation on a test the day of a cruise isn't cruising with confidence, but with unbearable stress and uncertainty. I'm fine with the risks of Delta on a Royal ship now with distancing and low occupancy, but I'm simply not comfortable with the stress and uncertainty of the testing protocols, or of having other passengers turned away at the pier and having their vacations ruined. They'll be refunding me $1000 for a sailing this weekend, but they could have kept me by sending me a $50 emed test, or offering me an emergency backup test at the port. 

They literally have a link to eMed on their FAQ.  Could they send out an email saying the same thing sure but they are promoting them.

• Like 2

Currently at our local CVS in Jasper Ga. None of todays appointments got any notice it was cancelled either.  They showed up for their scheduled appts and saw this.    This particular location only has the PCR test.   Do NOT rely on CVS as your only option!    It definitely appears to be a staffing issue instead of test shortage.  

239561282_10226739549336108_7785938614191519705_n.jpg

Edited by ryano
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

25 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Ordered about an hour ago, already received a confirmation email, and my CC has already been charged.

i ordered early this morning, credit card charged immediately. As of now  no confirmation email and site still says pending approval.🤷🏼‍♀️

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What a PITA just to go on a cruise! Is it really worth all this aggravation and stress? It gets to a point it isn't fun anymore.

It's not a PITA to order the home proctored tests its just getting the word out that this is probably your best bet, to not stress out over a cruise!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

i ordered early this morning, credit card charged immediately. As of now  no confirmation email and site still says pending approval.🤷🏼‍♀️

Same thing happened to me yesterday.   CC charged immediately but no thank you email until late evening.  Approval came at 8:15 am this morning and a tracking # around 1pm.  Delivery tomorrow.  Hang in there!   You will get them either tomorrow or Friday. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The sea calls my name said:

Did your insurance cover it? 

I expect that Quest is the contracted processing lab for Walgreens. If I were to walk into my local Quest location and get the same test, I would be charged through the nose (pun thoroughly intended)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What a PITA just to go on a cruise! Is it really worth all this aggravation and stress? It gets to a point it isn't fun anymore.

We look at the Abbott Binax test as a $25 cruise insurance policy - A plan B reduces whatever remaining stress we might have had.

• Like 5

@WeatherFx, did you get your test?

Luckily, my testing site doesn't appear to be having issues.  My test is scheduled in 2 1/2 hours.  CVS just sent a text that I can come anytime between now and my scheduled time. 

Can't wait to be on Adventure with a drink in my hand!  The stress will be worth it! 

• Like 3