Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I haven't been up to the Gym but may wander up there in the coming days.  

I noticed that they had a Fitness Class today:   Ryde Indoor Cycles (spelled exactly like this) with an * which indicates an additional fee will apply. 

There are 6 Peloton bikes in the Equinox gym. There is a fee to get the seat for using the bike but I didn’t ask for the price…sorry 😣

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

A couple years ago a number of Guests in retreat asked about it.    Before you knew it we drank every bottle on the ship. 

I would not have been a participant in that.  I tried the Fre once not knowing what it was and did not like it.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

The good news, they are salaried personnel, and not on commission.  They have no impetus to sell anything.  It's more of an "educate the public" position.

Sounds like a perfect retirement job for me.  Where do I sign up? 

(just kidding … no way my wife would go for it.) 

Edited by DaKahuna
Shorten quotes
  • Haha 1

Jim... love the Curacao photos.. very interesting perspectives...looks like the Pvt Journey was well worth it and you had a  great guide!

Also liked Lain's shirt..perfect for the day!   You might not recall but awhile ago l admired one of his shirts in your photos.and was able to get a similar one at  Macy's for my husb( on sale) Still one if his favorites!

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Got a kick out of this sign

CBAB91DB-6012-42B0-B339-7C3BE1DAE1D9.thumb.jpeg.513458a5610e9517efab98e46c83dcea.jpeg

I wish I could get my feet in the sink, let alone reach down to wash them. Hip surgery is in the future.

1 hour ago, Blue_Flame said:

Thanks for the information. We will have to find another way to spend all our OBC. I would think they would have a hard time selling off old Apple merchandise.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise as we enjoy following along.

I think so many people will be like you and have so much OBC that they will make do with the outdated products. You could get some nice Christmas gifts for folks on your list. I was on the Equinox two years ago and was surprised at on how limited the product choices were.

4 hours ago, COLArmy said:

There are 6 Peloton bikes in the Equinox gym. There is a fee to get the seat for using the bike but I didn’t ask for the price…sorry 😣

Thanks --- you saved me a trip to the Gym.     I usually use the Ellipticals but just being overly cautious with Covid.     I can't wear a mask when I do heavy cardio and I don't like to be inside without a mask.

Got a kick out of this sign

CBAB91DB-6012-42B0-B339-7C3BE1DAE1D9.thumb.jpeg.513458a5610e9517efab98e46c83dcea.jpeg

On a cruise about 10 years ago, we walked by a cabin and the door was open. We happened to glance in and saw some slob soaking his big ugly foot in one of the cruise line ice buckets. We have not used an ice bucket on a cruise ship or hotel since. People can be gross.

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I would not have been a participant in that.  I tried the Fre once not knowing what it was and did not like it.

The red is drinkable.    The white is really too sweet for me.   The "Champagne" leaves a funny taste in my mouth.      If I recall the Rose is also drinkable.   

I can't drink alcohol without suffering major migraines and don't even risk taking a sip.  

There is a winery out of San Jose called Aeriel.   They take varietals and age in oak before using a reverse osmosis process to remove only the alcohol.   It is actually REALLY nice to drink.

3 hours ago, Sascol said:

On a cruise about 10 years ago, we walked by a cabin and the door was open. We happened to glance in and saw some slob soaking his big ugly foot in one of the cruise line ice buckets. We have not used an ice bucket on a cruise ship or hotel since. People can be gross.

Yucko ------

Jim. I did want to take a moment to thank you for sharing your experiences on this trip. I know you enjoy doing it but I also know that it takes time out of your day and your vacation to do it. Those of us that are true cruisers understand your commitment to it and we appreciate it very much.

• Like 12

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

The red is drinkable.    The white is really too sweet for me.   The "Champagne" leaves a funny taste in my mouth.      If I recall the Rose is also drinkable.   

I can't drink alcohol without suffering major migraines and don't even risk taking a sip.  

There is a winery out of San Jose called Aeriel.   They take varietals and age in oak before using a reverse osmosis process to remove only the alcohol.   It is actually REALLY nice to drink.

I’ll have to try and remember that name.

I am a member of the Wente, a winery in Livermore, Wine club and get four to six bottles every quarter.  Lately I have been slipping and about to run out of room in my wine rack.  That reminds me, I need to pick a bottle to open for dinner tonight.

8 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I'm just grateful they have alcohol-free wine on Celebrity.  I asked for it in Yacht Club on MSC and they looked at me like I had two heads.

Have never had occasion to try one.  For those that are OK drinking both, can you draw some comparisons for us?

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks --- you saved me a trip to the Gym.     I usually use the Ellipticals but just being overly cautious with Covid.     I can't wear a mask when I do heavy cardio and I don't like to be inside without a mask.

Jim

If you can’t go to the Peloton, why not ask to have one brought to your Penthouse? There are a couple of travel agent Suite tours on line where Penthouse guests have requested a Peloton be placed in their suite. 

Perhaps the Retreat Manager could help if that is something of interest to you.

Randy

3 hours ago, Sascol said:

Jim. I did want to take a moment to thank you for sharing your experiences on this trip. I know you enjoy doing it but I also know that it takes time out of your day and your vacation to do it. Those of us that are true cruisers understand your commitment to it and we appreciate it very much.

Thanks ever so much.   I’m really enjoying all the participants interactions.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I’ll have to try and remember that name.

I am a member of the Wente, a winery in Livermore, Wine club and get four to six bottles every quarter.  Lately I have been slipping and about to run out of room in my wine rack.  That reminds me, I need to pick a bottle to open for dinner tonight.

Good wines coming out of Livermore.   It’s incredible how many wineries have opened over past couple years 

2 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

Jim

If you can’t go to the Peloton, why not ask to have one brought to your Penthouse? There are a couple of travel agent Suite tours on line where Penthouse guests have requested a Peloton be placed in their suite. 

Perhaps the Retreat Manager could help if that is something of interest to you.

Randy

Appreciate the info.   I’m not much into biking.  I’m sure they would bring one down.    They are trying everything possible to accommodate.  

We had a private drive to a great beach today, Playa PortoMarie.  Passed Williwood and the Flamingos that Jim posted to get to the beach.  Added a pic of the area along with the nice church.  It is really out of the way, but well worth it.  Snorkeling here was fantastic.  Lots of corals, similar to Aruba stop, but the quantity and quality were so much better.  Even had anemone’s and fans here.  I like watching flowing corals, so this was great to me.  Some of the brain corals were huge, probably bigger round then our table on our balcony.  There were plenty of fish and the variety was similar to Aruba.  I went out 3 times and Sophia 4, if that gives an indication of how good it was.  As for the beach, a few dollars to enter and a few more for chairs.  Come early or you might have to sit under trees for shade.  We got to the beach at 11 and got the last chairs under an umbrella.  We went to the far right as had heard the snorkeling was better there compared to the middle.  Spot on.  Be careful not to go  around the corner to the right, much more current and why risk it when plenty of good stuff in the main area to see snorkeling.  Pictures of snorkeling don’t do it justice as we didn’t bring the GoPro, just used our phones.  Had a great view of the town and ship on the way back.

11018E22-7B45-4FBB-8D4F-723CC24A2E0D.jpeg

A2DAC0EA-2649-4F16-B7B3-B2583C04DE0B.jpeg

04749CBE-289B-4297-ABBD-742F726336DD.jpeg

7EA2B287-1EFD-4CAB-B4C6-9A625ACB0310.jpeg

E57A86C6-634F-4CE0-B491-BB5908422C6D.jpeg

DB1B9710-EC3D-40C2-9BB9-DD66F3701FCE.jpeg

85486194-403E-4498-A9C9-9F3DD1A1078D.jpeg

E32A4978-D4A9-45E2-AF68-90CBB212077A.jpeg

1DCFD951-972A-4488-89FE-7E5E61F179F0.jpeg

D3C6A964-36CF-4789-97FA-7C7BDF922207.jpeg

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not a problem.    When you were describing the folks you sea on other cruises I was trying to push out of my mind some of the things I've seen aboard.   Yesterday I saw a Lady get up wearing an American Flag String Bikini.    I will just describe it as a more than full figure woman and the strap in the rear was about 1/2" wide but invisible as it disappeared into the cracks... 

I would have preferred she tie a Windsor Knot. 

Er, ah......no picture?  Or did you not have a wide angle lens?🤣🤣  Being bad, you don't have to answer this!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Captain just announced a Covid infection.  Contacts have tested negative 

Five days in seems to match the testing times often suggested after known exposures.   It’s still possible this was brought rather than caught early but I’ve be interested if contact tracing include non shipmates. 

3 hours ago, funatseascott said:

We had a private drive to a great beach today, Playa PortoMarie.  Passed Williwood and the Flamingos that Jim posted to get to the beach.  Added a pic of the area along with the nice church.  It is really out of the way, but well worth it.  Snorkeling here was fantastic.  Lots of corals, similar to Aruba stop, but the quantity and quality were so much better.  Even had anemone’s and fans here.  I like watching flowing corals, so this was great to me.  Some of the brain corals were huge, probably bigger round then our table on our balcony.  There were plenty of fish and the variety was similar to Aruba.  I went out 3 times and Sophia 4, if that gives an indication of how good it was.  As for the beach, a few dollars to enter and a few more for chairs.  Come early or you might have to sit under trees for shade.  We got to the beach at 11 and got the last chairs under an umbrella.  We went to the far right as had heard the snorkeling was better there compared to the middle.  Spot on.  Be careful not to go  around the corner to the right, much more current and why risk it when plenty of good stuff in the main area to see snorkeling.  Pictures of snorkeling don’t do it justice as we didn’t bring the GoPro, just used our phones.  Had a great view of the town and ship on the way back.

11018E22-7B45-4FBB-8D4F-723CC24A2E0D.jpeg

A2DAC0EA-2649-4F16-B7B3-B2583C04DE0B.jpeg

04749CBE-289B-4297-ABBD-742F726336DD.jpeg

7EA2B287-1EFD-4CAB-B4C6-9A625ACB0310.jpeg

E57A86C6-634F-4CE0-B491-BB5908422C6D.jpeg

DB1B9710-EC3D-40C2-9BB9-DD66F3701FCE.jpeg

85486194-403E-4498-A9C9-9F3DD1A1078D.jpeg

E32A4978-D4A9-45E2-AF68-90CBB212077A.jpeg

1DCFD951-972A-4488-89FE-7E5E61F179F0.jpeg

D3C6A964-36CF-4789-97FA-7C7BDF922207.jpeg

Thank you for the great photos and descriptions.  Do you mind to share how you got back and forth to the beach?