Rccl now requires a covid19 test within 2 days of sailing!

DJChick

19 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

I can't be the only one that doesn't know what 2 days mean?  48 hours before sail time?  If I'm leaving on October 1st, that mean I need to get tested on 09/29 or 09/30?  Does the time of day matter?

This is so stressful.  Losing $10,000 on a cruise is not on my radar.

I also leave on Oct. 1….Friday departure means earliest would be Wed. test. My Optum was supposed to be delivered today, but now changed to Tues. I can see it’s about 10 miles from house, but with weekend and holiday, it’s delayed.

• Like 1

So I’m looking at our kits and there is a date by the QR Code that says 2021-10-05. I take it this is the expiration date but I’ve heard that date is extended. I would take my test 11-05-21. Will this test be good or expired?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So I’m looking at our kits and there is a date by the QR Code that says 2021-10-05. I take it this is the expiration date but I’ve heard that date is extended. I would take my test 11-05-21. Will this test be good or expired?

Check this PDF for the expiration date for the lot number of your test: 

https://www.emed.com/hubfs/Case 01269955-COL-03030 BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Home Test Product Expiry Update - Customer Letter EN - US.pdf?hsLang=en

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just curious, do the tests really spell out "negative" resultsI've taken some 5 tests, including one this Thursday, and they all say "not detected." 

It further states "A not detected result means that SARS-Cov-2 RNA was not present in the specimen above the limit of detection."

Plus a litany of disclaimers.

28 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks yes I am a tech nerd but I’m a still scared. I will be a nervous wreck while we go through 3 people getting tested via eMed one at time. It will be a stressful hour to say the least.

I'm glad im not alone.  I feel great but fear a positive and being asymptomatic or even a false positive but at least I will know before I board the plane.    I'm stressed out to the max until Tuesday.  Breathe!     

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Lou33 said:

If CVS administers it or monitors you while you self administer it IS acceptable.   The home kit they sell for $23.99, no

Edited by ryano
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ryano said:

If CVS gives it or monitors you while you self administer it IS acceptable. 

Thank you, thank you. I am doing CVS this next week and dont want to learn how to emed a test.

Yes here in texas it's a drive thru test they give, wait in your car for results. I'd give you more hearts if I could.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

So I checked and here is the confusion of expiration dates. This pdf link refers to lot number 195-200. Mine says 195-100 so I have no idea if these kits have an extended expiration date. Anyone have ideas. The phone number I called says they are closed now and try on Monday. I sure would like some answers soon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So I checked and here is the confusion of expiration dates. This pdf link refers to lot number 195-200. Mine says 195-100 so I have no idea if these kits have an extended expiration date. Anyone have ideas. The phone number I called says they are closed now and try on Monday. I sure would like some answers soon.

Oh interesting! So far I've found a pdf with a product number of 195-000 but not 195-100. I'll keep digging.

19 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Just curious, do the tests really spell out "negative" resultsI've taken some 5 tests, including one this Thursday, and they all say "not detected." 

It further states "A not detected result means that SARS-Cov-2 RNA was not present in the specimen above the limit of detection."

Plus a litany of disclaimers.

Yes, "Covid not detected" is a negative test.  That's the message I have gotten.

Question: I just went to emed to order and it wants the names of all the people who will take the test.  I need four for the cruise, and don't know who will use the last two.  So...????

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Now that children are back to school in most places Royal may not be focusing on family cruises and may now be focusing on all of us fully vaccinated adults.    

Yes, that will make it difficult for children not of school age yet to cruise, but I guess if they really want to cruise they will do whatever they can to get that child a PCR test

Children are now cruising even during school time.  We met so many homeschooled kids on the Harmony a few years back.  You are so right about doing whatever to get their kids on the ship!  One of the good things about the Oasis Simulation, for me, no children…😉

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Yes, "Covid not detected" is a negative test.  That's the message I have gotten.

Question: I just went to emed to order and it wants the names of all the people who will take the test.  I need four for the cruise, and don't know who will use the last two.  So...????

Yes, it is ok to put in for now just the four names. You will eventually need to enroll in the Navica app, to actually take your test. 

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m at work and don’t have my test kits with me, but reading the pdf, it would appear there are part numbers (195-100) and lot numbers. The specific lot number is listed on the 2-10 pages. It shows basically all tests are extended 3 months. This has also been discussed ad nauseam on other threads.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Ok

Alot of reading. And great comments 

But. Clarify for me. 

Is the 15 min rapid test provided by CVS still accepted.  

ty. 

If it is administered or proctored by CVS, their rapid antigen test is fine. If it is a home test kit sold by CVS, it is not acceptable. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rj59 said:

--Yay. Royal took my suggestion that they need to send out home tests to everyone. It should be free, and they could have subtly increased fares to cover the costs, and free tests and goodwill would have decreased refunds and drawn in passengers from other lines. If the cost of ordering through Royal isn't subsidized, you can recoup the cost by cutting down onboard purchases, either by going with a private excursion or skipping drinks or specialty dining. Make them pay for it in the end. 

--Boo. They still won't offer port testing as an emergency backup, despite testing already in place for kids. I just saw a video of checkin testing in Seattle, a few kids in a room that could hold 100 at least.

The problem I see now is a huge run on Abbott tests and emed, especially with the post above mentioning plant labor/supplies shortages. There are articles from earlier in the summer telling of 2-hour wait times to get a test monitor, because they were swamped by Delta and international travelers, so I can see something similar happening the two days before weekend cruises. 

--Sad. Have pity on the poor TAs who are going to spend their days waiting on hold with cruise lines trying to get refunds for their clients. Mine was completely frazzled and dispirited when I got my cruise refunded, so I feel sorry for them, after a completely dead year and then optimism about return to cruising turning to this madness and uncertainty and anger.