New aluminum water bottles

fstuff1

16 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

Do they still have Evian in plastic bottles and Perrier and San Pelligrino in glass available?

I only saw the metal bottles on SILHOUETTE. 

Not saying they weren’t available on the Premium package though, as we only had the Classic.

Edited by upwarduk

Celebrity is doing away with all one-use plastic bottles.  On Summit last week it was either the aluminum water cans (which I truly dislike and bring my own Orca water bottle to fill) or Evian glass bottles.  We saw the San Pellagrino (sparkling) at dinner.

• Thanks 1

The  "stuff" in the alum btls on EDGE tasted swampy to us. Did not care for the ingredients or process.   We travel with a mini brita water filter system but  that did not help.

We  bring our  own alum refillable btls  and some Fiji water,  and will supplement with  Evian.  Glass is  not  that safe in the gym, spa  or around the pool areas!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hcat said:

The  "stuff" in the alum btls on EDGE tasted swampy to us. Did not care for the ingredients or process.   We travel with a mini brita water filter system but  that did not help.

We  bring our  own alum refillable btls  and some Fiji water,  and will supplement with  Evian.  Glass is  not  that safe in the gym, spa  or around the pool areas!

Hated the taste of the water in the aluminum bottles. We switched to Evian. They did have Vitamin Water in plastic bottles. I ended up stashing an empty one away to I could fill it with Evian for the gym. 

9 hours ago, lhsail said:

Hated the taste of the water in the aluminum bottles. We switched to Evian. They did have Vitamin Water in plastic bottles. I ended up stashing an empty one away to I could fill it with Evian for the gym. 

How much is the Vitamin water?

We used to love our  daily water in AQ Class but now it is a useless inclusion., and often not left daily.  The herbal tea was pretty awful too.. we asked that it be removed.

We are booked in a suite next time wuth the upgraded bev package,  but will probably still receive those ghastly metal waters...container and contents.,yuck!

5 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I can't stand drinking from metal.  On our last cruise I bought a water bottle in Aruba to use while ashore.  On the ship, I drink out of a glass.

If you thought metal was bad, we had water in the "milk" cartons on Solstice.  Another winner was the bottled water out of Florida on our Reflection cruise.  

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

Vitamin water is included in the Premium Beverage Package according to Celebrity's website.  The waters are at the bottom of the package comparison sheet way down below the alcohol brands.

Yes, it’s included in the premium beverage package, perhaps even the basic as it’s not that expensive. 

2 hours ago, hcat said:

How much is the Vitamin water?

We used to love our  daily water in AQ Class but now it is a useless inclusion., and often not left daily.  The herbal tea was pretty awful too.. we asked that it be removed.

We are booked in a suite next time wuth the upgraded bev package,  but will probably still receive those ghastly metal waters...container and contents.,yuck!

Just ask your Butler to leave your preferred water in your suite, no cans.

Our Butler didn’t like the taste of the canned water either.

13 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

D’oh!  I was thinking of Pellegrino. I can neither confirm nor deny Perrier in any container, glass or otherwise.  

Ok. I will not cancel my cruise but I guess I will drink Pellegrino!

I have a metal water bottle and have gotten used to the taste.  Do the metal water bottles taste like that?

Edited by zitsky

1 minute ago, spammie said:

We just got off Edge Saturday. The metal water bottles are horrible! The caps are tough to open and I saw more than one person cut themselves on it. The water definitely tastes metallic. 

I'm glad you mentioned this.  I don't know if it's age or what but I had two screwcap wine bottles that I almost couldn't open recently.  I really had to struggle to get them open.

Maybe they won’t want you to bring cases of plastic water bottles onboard the ship.   Celebrity is trying to lessen their environmental impact, do they still allow plastic bottles in Florida?   Didn’t have any available In Hawaii (no plastic bags either) or in Greece.   Lucky I don’t like the taste of water from a plastic bottle.

11 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Both aluminum and plastic bottles are recyclable.  One is "woke" and the other practical.  

I purchased a case of water in plastic bottles just this past May in Hawaii.  I like how it tastes from plastic instead of metal or aluminum.

Sure, Plastic #1 and #2 which most bottles are.  Not sure about other plastics.  Question is how much energy for each type is required? (metal or plastic)

11 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Both aluminum and plastic bottles are recyclable.  One is "woke" and the other practical. 

The big difference between aluminum bottles and plastic bottles is that aluminum bottles can be recycled into more aluminum bottles. They can even be cleaned abs recapped/reused (although that's not really done). Plastic bottles cannot be recycled into more bottles. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

The big difference between aluminum bottles and plastic bottles is that aluminum bottles can be recycled into more aluminum bottles. They can even be cleaned abs recapped/reused (although that's not really done). Plastic bottles cannot be recycled into more bottles. 

Then why do we recycle them?  Just crush them up and send them to the landfill like the rest of the ship's garbage?