The Daily for Monday September 06, 2021

richwmn

Today is Fight Procrastination Day, Labor Day, and Read a Book Day

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public. - H. L. Mencken

Meal suggestion for today - Linguine with New Zealand Cockles

Drink of the Day - Yorsh

Wine of the day - Kia Ora Signature Marlb Sauv Blanc

Destination of the Day - Civitavecchia (Rome) Italy

Ships with Passengers

At Sea
Eurodam 00:00 - 24:00

Juneau, AK
Nieuw Amsterdam 13:00 - 22:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Atlantic
Rotterdam Destination Ijmuiden NL eta 9/10

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Drifting

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Ensenada MX
Noordam Anchorage
Zuiderdam

Puerto Vallarta MX
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Amchorage

0906World.thumb.png.23d0d25ea00128c7d508217849fd1414.png

• Like 33
  • Thanks 7

Thank you for the Labor (Labour) Day Daily, Rich.  Books are extremely valuable and I try to fight procrastination when I can.  I love the Menken quote which I think may be truer now than ever.  The meal suggestion sounds very nice and I have visited Civitavecchia several times including once on the Elegant Explorer.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western (Especially BC and Lake Tahoe) wildfires
cat shepard’s friend undergoing chemo for stage four cancer
New Zealand terrorist attack victims
JAM37 DH fighting Covid but contuing to show improvement
Allen (Seasick Sailor DH) awaiting biopsoy results
durangoscots recovering from difficult cancer surgery
dfish sister needing new hip instead of cruising
From the rotation:
Me awaiting PET test results
HAL Sailor DH health issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts

2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
5 days for dfish
Getaway for segarsmoker
Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau
Welcome home Tioga Cruiser
Overhead Fred back at cottage
Promising report on Tana’s PT session–baby steps but in the right direction
Ger77's normal mammogram
Vict0riann checked in for Eurodam
15 days for Cruising-Along
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

We had a thunderstorm roll through a little while ago and I didn't want to get out of bed.  But I think it's over now.

Happy Labour Day.  Fight procrastination, good idea.  Read a good book - great suggestion.

I've heard that quote before, too bad it's true.

The meal sounds interesting.  Hope the drink and wine are good too.

Love Rome, hope to go back someday.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 23

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A great combo of days!

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyite family!

Happy Anniversary Sandi & DH! @StLouisCruisersHere’s to many more wonderful years!

Debbie, @dfishsorry to read that Donna won’t be able to cruise with you. I am sure it’s a huge disappointment for both of you.

Looking forward to learning more about the meal and drink. Today, I have to get out into the garden. The dead flowers are starting to outnumber the ones in full bloom. No clue what is in store for supper.  I will have to rummage around to see. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Kia Ora Signature Marlborough Sauvingnon Blanc

This New Zealand SB has very good ratings and a very reasonable price. I found it online for as low as $12.99.

Wine Enthusiast: This is a fruity yet balanced Sauvignon that offers bright, zippy tones of lemon, lime, grapefruit, peach, passionfruit and grass. It shows lifted acidity and a chalky texture, making it a refreshing, summery drop.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Happy Labor Day. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes to come.

Reading is one of my favorite things to do. Unfortunately I do procrastinate at times.

I agree with what Roy said about the quote.

The meal definitely sounds interesting.

The port is another one on my bucket list.

It 64 degrees and raining this early morning in North Georgia.

DH had another good night's sleep, so hopefully he will report that he feels like he is improving. Not sure how to help him with the breathing...he gets completely winded just walking to the bathroom.

Prayers and praises for those on our lists.

• Like 24

Good Morning everyone and Happy Labor Day. Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares Report.

I think I will wait for tomorrow to celebrate Procrastination Day. ☺️ Hopefully we can once again disembark in Civitavecchia after our cruise on the Oosterdam this time next year.

• Like 17
  • Haha 7

Good morning from central Texas, and a Happy Labor Day to everyone.  I will admit to procrastinating, especially when it's something I don't want to do.  😄  I love to read, and I now have quite a collection (2 year's worth) of books to take to the book exchange when it's a little safer.

Sadly, today's quote is more true than ever.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.

@JAM37  Julia it's good to know your DH is sleeping better, and hope his breathing improves son.

We've visited today's port and Rome many times, and I'll look for pictures later.

Lenda 

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  It's a daily fight Procrastination Day here everyday.  Getting more lazy in my old age.  I read daily, love the feel of a real book in my hands.  Happy Labor Day everyone.  @StLouisCruisersHappy Anniversary.  The meal sounds interesting. 

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Yorsh:

Yorsh is a Russian mixed drink consisting of beer thoroughly mixed with an ample quantity of vodka. It is traditionally drunk in a social setting, typically with a toast followed by downing a full glass of it at one go. Vodka is a neutral spirit which does not greatly alter the flavor of the beer, but does greatly increase its alcohol content.Wikipedia
Ingredients

2 oz Vodka
    Beer
    Glass: Beer Mug

Directions

Fill a chilled beer mug with any beer.
    Pour vodka over top and serve without stirring.

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 7.25.32 AM.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the lists.

Good idea to read a book today.The quote is, unfortuneatly, very true.

I love the meal suggestion.

It's another beautiful morning here with predictions of scattered afternoon thunderstorms.

Enjoy the holiday today and stary safe.

• Like 20

3 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Yorsh:

Yorsh is a Russian mixed drink consisting of beer thoroughly mixed with an ample quantity of vodka. It is traditionally drunk in a social setting, typically with a toast followed by downing a full glass of it at one go. Vodka is a neutral spirit which does not greatly alter the flavor of the beer, but does greatly increase its alcohol content.Wikipedia
Ingredients

2 oz Vodka
    Beer
    Glass: Beer Mug

Directions

Fill a chilled beer mug with any beer.
    Pour vodka over top and serve without stirring.

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 7.25.32 AM.png

Well Summer this is one drink I do not even want to try. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  I’ll pass on today’s meal suggestion.  We will have chicken tonight.  Yesterday’s yard work was delayed on account of rain.  I think I do get out there today.  @dfishsorry to hear about Donna’s cancellation.  I hope that everyone has a good day today.
image.thumb.png.a6e0011bac70df4ccd13647c3fab7a5c.png

• Like 22
  • Haha 4

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Monday smile 🙂 

Good combination of days.  I started the morning off early fighting procrastination when I added a tour to my spread sheet from a post later last night. I celebrate read a book every day 😉 

Happy Labour Day everyone!

6BBE2A82-EC08-4A6B-B38C-BB695BFB913E.jpeg.477ec0b72f177f1b251d289600976666.jpeg

It’s also New Year’s for our Jewish CC friends - Rosh Hashanah - so for them:

8794C3CF-1A1C-45C6-967F-1ACFBEBC3E5C.thumb.jpeg.c6dfb0fdc1100b71cf74b7820d61bf97.jpeg

oh that quote is so true, sadly.  The meal sounds really interesting and a Sauvignon Blanc from Down Under sounds great!

Civitavecchia is just just a stop for a lot of people as they head to Rome.  If you have been or don’t want the drive, Civi offers a lot to see.  It has it’s own ruins, charm and some nice sites and restaurants and cafes.

We’re always talking about wines, drinks & drinking and when I saw this one, I just had to share:

C0E8F417-1EB9-4E20-919E-8B7E68DE1D48.jpeg.8188323a7e476e99fc58f3f439749320.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Labour Day everyone!!!!!!

168E0E9F-BBE7-4DD0-B5DB-CD114F835F77.jpeg.6f7638da7c13e7a770ec069004645194.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 24
  • Haha 10

Good morning, everyone!

@StLouisCruisers  Happy Anniversary!

Good-wishes-for-marriage-anniversary-happy-anniversary-image.jpg.a9e16d4d40a1edad38d40702aa3650c3.jpg

Well, I thought I was packed for my cruise yesterday, but I need to make some changes in the big bag.  It is always something.

Today's meal sounds good, but too many carbs for me.   I hope others can enjoy it. 

https://www.marthastewart.com/355892/linguine-new-zealand-cockles

linguine-and-clams-with-almonds-and-herbs-112816.thumb.jpg.36f0d6a2ce479a445cfecf357ebe9c8f.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

58 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A great combo of days!

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyite family!

Happy Anniversary Sandi & DH! @StLouisCruisersHere’s to many more wonderful years!

Debbie, @dfishsorry to read that Donna won’t be able to cruise with you. I am sure it’s a huge disappointment for both of you.

Looking forward to learning more about the meal and drink. Today, I have to get out into the garden. The dead flowers are starting to outnumber the ones in full bloom. No clue what is in store for supper.  I will have to rummage around to see. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Kia Ora Signature Marlborough Sauvingnon Blanc

This New Zealand SB has very good ratings and a very reasonable price. I found it online for as low as $12.99.

Wine Enthusiast: This is a fruity yet balanced Sauvignon that offers bright, zippy tones of lemon, lime, grapefruit, peach, passionfruit and grass. It shows lifted acidity and a chalky texture, making it a refreshing, summery drop.

Ann, you are a DEAR to keep up with all of our comments each day and add our anniversary to your list.  Thank you so much for the good thoughts and wishes today.  Meanwhile, please be careful out in the garden with that knee of yours.  Take it slow!❤️

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1